OOC Strangereal Alternate Earth RP

Arieg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='03 March 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1267648819' post='2212911']
Any unclaimed floating islands, I just want to claim one as part of my territory. I have a big nation, guys.

I also claim the blob blob of white directly above me. That's all I want, no more.
[/quote]

lolno. This isn't going to become the landgrab that was ERP.

I'll take the bit of land on the western part of the northernmost continent and the eight islands around it. Pic in a minute.

[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9523/mapl.png[/img]

Confederation of Drakoria. I lack any other good fantasy names. :awesome:

Edited by Drakedeath

I took the land northeast of Uray. Both provinces on the peninsula. If I can only have one, then I'll claim the bigger one and RP a major balkan type war against the smaller one as an NPC.

I am going to RP a minor feudal monarchy struggling to modernize in a situation similar to the breakup of Yugoslavia

Hey Sargun I noticed in your history that you never quite conquered my nation at your maximum extent. As you are quite obviously a superpower, I'm incorporating that into my history as your nation tried to conquer mine for all the shiny gold in the mountains but found that since it is impassable forest and narrow valleys (think if Switzerland was surrounded by an ocean) decided to pull out after burning my capital to the ground and generally raping and pillaging...oh and the fact that the people were a little to good at Guerrilla warfare might have played a role.

You can be the local superpower that there is much "Death to the imperialist" propaganda about, a la North Korea, all while the government pays you to import stuff.

What years would you be talking about? Before 1752 we were all "lol rape and pillage", after they we were all "lol peace and nukes".

If Lacedaemon did end up invading they most likely would have taken large amounts of slaves back, which could probably add some fuel to the hate.

[quote name='kitex' date='03 March 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1267667455' post='2213178']
We should decide what continents have what type of landscape.

For example, the continent I'm on could could have a mainly jungle-like enviornment.

[/quote]

[img]http://d.imagehost.org/0819/geography.png[/img]

That's the general geography of my country. If nobody objects, I could make a general geographic map of each continent.

My nation is almost entirely mountains with plains sloping toward the ocean and most of the second province to the east (the smaller of the two on the original map) being almost entirely plains.

[quote]What years would you be talking about? Before 1752 we were all "lol rape and pillage", after they we were all "lol peace and nukes".

If Lacedaemon did end up invading they most likely would have taken large amounts of slaves back, which could probably add some fuel to the hate[/quote]

Pre. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. You can think of some reasons why you withdrew if ya like

Edited by Emperor Mudd

[quote name='Sargun' date='04 March 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1267668716' post='2213218']
[img]http://d.imagehost.org/0819/geography.png[/img]

That's the general geography of my country. If nobody objects, I could make a general geographic map of each continent.
[/quote]

I think that's fine, as long as the people who exist on those continents have a say in it, provided they've done their basic nation info. I doubt they'd appreciate it if they had to rewrite their history set in the jungle because it got turned into an arctic wasteland.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='03 March 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1267669617' post='2213234']
I think that's fine, as long as the people who exist on those continents have a say in it, provided they've done their basic nation info. I doubt they'd appreciate it if they had to rewrite their history set in the jungle because it got turned into an arctic wasteland.
[/quote]
Well if they have their history set in the jungle I'd make them a jungle! :P

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' date='03 March 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1267670327' post='2213245']
We need some major event to kickstart this RP that all nations can get involved in.

Otherwise it will die like the rest
[/quote]

Arieg suggested to me yesterday something about an international SALT treaty (is that redundant?), maybe we can start off there? Treaty talks break down, cold war/arms race ensues?

[quote name='Sargun' date='03 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1267670937' post='2213250']
Arieg suggested to me yesterday something about an international SALT treaty (is that redundant?), maybe we can start off there? Treaty talks break down, cold war/arms race ensues?
[/quote]
I think that would be a good idea.

Also, can my nation be mostly mountains and forests, with some large rivers?