Congratulations UPN!

Ameris

[quote name='Believland' date='01 March 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1267494458' post='2210610']
BEazy, showing the light since 2010 :/

Also, UPN PLEAWES DON'T TAKE TOP'S IMAGE
[/quote]
It's okay :)
We shall replace it with a more awesome image! :P

Why should this be celebrated... They did nothing productive they let their allys out to Dry ALL of them a MADP partner and their bloc... Hope you guys are going to build them all up and pay reps if your friends revived which they did.. If you could not help with fail military you besta help wit $$$ and lots of it

[quote name='SilentFury' date='01 March 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1267501464' post='2210737']
Why should this be celebrated... They did nothing productive they let their allys out to Dry ALL of them a MADP partner and their bloc...[/quote]
____ pleaz.
They had good friends on both sides of this conflict, choosing one side would hurt their relationship with their allies(aka their friends), and them choosing both sides would just be stupid and wrong (see bi-polar).
Oh and yes they have gotten this sanction by doing absolutely nothing I spose this is how all the other alliances in CN have gotten a sanction... Absolutely nuttin
[quote] Hope you guys are going to build them all up and pay reps if your friends revived which they did.. If you could not help with fail military you besta help wit $$$ and lots of it
[/quote]
I'm not sure I understand this

anyways congrats UPN you deserve it

Edited by Harry Dresden
Mod edit: Language

Thanks to the non-trolls. We're using the fact we did not partake in this war for certain reasons to be able to help rebuild our allies and we shall help from there. I believe if we had entered this war, we would have had to have sided with ODN and therefore attack CDT, which was not a measure we wished to take. I can only hope that we can help through aid, and not attacking our own allies. Thanks. (Not official government.)

Also, obvious trolls are obvious. =D

[quote name='Believland' date='02 March 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1267491250' post='2210553']

We're talking about the sanction race. Not even the sanction. The sanction race

UPN got the sanction, TTK did not.

It's sad to see TOP lose their pip. Best pip on the CN forums.
[/quote]

And my point went way over TOP's head. Just like Sanction did. :P

(Sorry Beazy, I couldn't resist lol)

Edit: dammit just realised you're a TOP sympathiser, not a full Topper. Well that ruins the joke! I shall leave it there for posterity's sake anyway.

Edited by Cyphon88

[quote]The side they come on in is immaterial, the fact that they did not enter at all is the problem.[/quote]

You mean re-enter, right? And you mean "sides" right? I'm not sure exactly how UPN could have honored all of its treaties by merely fighting on a "side".

As has been stated before, and will be stated again, this isn't a "congratulations"-worthy sanction. It's also one that's not likely to last too long. It is what it is -- a meaningless statistical ranking.

Banksy: Thank you. Forum is up, I believe.

Congratulations UPN. I do mean this, you guys have been working on this for a while.

There was a topic in UPN's Open Forum back in February (I think it was the sixteenth or seventeenth, I don't know which as I haven't been able to find it again, I assume its been moved or deleted since) where a member brought up the topic of UPN's increasing position in the stats as compared to their allies who had been fighting in the war. Whilst I do not believe that UPN's meteoric rise to sanction is due solely to their sideline stance during this conflict, I would be stupid to argue that it hasn't helped immensely. Up to the point of the posting of that topic from UPN's Open Forums I had been told that UPN was an alliance that would always honor its closest friends and I wondered how that could be a true sentiment at the same time that UPN benefited from not honoring its closest friends. On that day I asked a question which wasn't answered at the time (due to the topic's mysterious disappearance). Instead of trying in vain to recall what I said in that post and run the risk of misrepresenting my arguments, I guess that a [url="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4401457925_194d5295b2_o.jpg"]screen capture[/url] of what I posted would have to suffice as my thoughts regarding this sanction mirror those from the apparently spectral topic from UPN's Open Forums almost exactly.

To head off some questions before they're asked,
[list]
[*]No I did not ask the allies of UPN what they thought because I don't know many people in those alliances anymore and I thought it would be easier to just ask the questions in a friendly manner to my remaining friends in UPN.
[*]tLW stands for The Lost World, which is an alliance I helped to found just about six months ago on the Blue team.
[*]Yes, I used to be involved in several ministries over at UPN before I made the transition to the Blue team so I do know how Purple politics works generally, although I have been out of that game for a long time now.
[*]And before anyone asks, yes I'm totally serious. For realios.
[/list]

I don't exactly mean for these questions to actually be answered to me, I just want to make sure its on the member's minds as they realize what had to happen in order for UPN to gain a sanction.

Congratulations again UPN, and cheers to the upcoming flag you get in-game (unless WTF gets three members in the next several days).

I'm really torn here. I really like Alt and UPN, but I can't condone refusing to honor treaties and sitting out a war. Personally, I'd have rather seen UPN go in to fight for [i]someone[/i] than sit out the entire war. They have the dubious notoriety of being the only sanctioned alliance that's not either at war or totally neutral. It's kind of like being the thinnest person at a fat people competition.

I'm not sure of the point of that. As for the thread, which was started by Psy, it is in the military section. The sentiment was pretty clear. There is a thread in the Open Forum discussing the Sanction. The sentiment is almost uniform and identical to thread you referenced. Feel free to stop by and read it. Magister just swung by, so you won't even be the first member of tLW to post on it.

[quote]Personally, I'd have rather seen UPN go in to fight for someone than sit out the entire war.[/quote]

To clarify, by "entire" you mean the parto of the war after TOP attacked? When it got fun? Not the prelude?

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='02 March 2010 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1267563543' post='2211634']
I'm not sure of the point of that. As for the thread, which was started by Psy, it is in the military section. The sentiment was pretty clear. There is a thread in the Open Forum discussing the Sanction. The sentiment is almost uniform and identical to thread you referenced. Feel free to stop by and read it. Magister just swung by, so you won't even be the first member of tLW to post on it.
[/quote]

Hey Tecumseh.

I preferred to put my thoughts here as apparently my posts on UPN's Open Forums have an odd and deviant habit of straying to UPN's Military forums, which I can't see. One could look at such facts as an uncanny resemblance to 'silencing opposition' and could further insinuate that free press does not exist over at UPN's forums. I however, hold no such convictions. But, seeing as my posts do tend to disappear to places that I cannot read or reply in, I figured that this was a better place to put my thoughts and ideas so they can be freely expressed, cross-examined, laughed at, agreed with (possibly?), or taken out of context.

And if the new official stance of the UPN is 'It's great that we're sanctioned, we're just sad that it had to come out this way' then I wonder if my original post could have been a catalyst.

I did stop by and read the Sanction thread on UPN's forums. I would have posted in it too, although I'm still a little afraid of those bugs you guys have over there that move my posts to the military forums. You might want to make sure that bug hasn't followed you guys to your new forums, or else it could be seen as an attempt to silence dissenting opinions.

And I think DK meant [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/TOP-CnG_War"]this phase of the war[/url] and not [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/NpO-%5Cm/_War"]this phase of the war[/url].

[quote]And if the new official stance of the UPN is 'It's great that we're sanctioned, we're just sad that it had to come out this way' then I wonder if my original post could have been a catalyst. [/quote]

There wasn't much to catalyze. Psy noted that the nation of "Jefferson" bumped up from 11% to 6% w/o doing anything more a general observation and then noted that the circumstances were sad. First post. Couple others agreed. You posted.

In short, that has been the sentiment for UPN from the get-go in the entire clusterF of a war. It was the same in early-February. It was the same in mid-February. It's the same now that all but one our allies is out of the war. It sucked then, sucked some later and still sucks. That's pretty much been the sentiment of just about everyone on the UPN forums, and certainly everyone of consequence. You can believe me or not.

And I understand the "two" wars approach. Though, they're rather interwoven as your post would suggest -- "phase" of THE war.

[quote]But, seeing as my posts do tend to disappear to places that I cannot read or reply in, I figured that this was a better place to put my thoughts and ideas so they can be freely expressed, cross-examined, laughed at, agreed with (possibly?), or taken out of context.[/quote]

Anyway, the gist of the screenshot, though not really your post, was what do UPN allies think. Ask them if you're interested. The gist of your post was what everyone on the face of Bob already knows -- UPN is sanctioned b/c it was neutral in the "second phase" of the war and b/c TOP, Legion, RoK, Gato, CSN and TOOL were not. Yeah, no kidding. Hollow accomplishment.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='02 March 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1267486915' post='2210427']
There are times when one should be proud, and there are times when one should not.
[/quote]

I will just simply agree with this. I couldn't have said it better.

[quote name='Taget' date='03 March 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1267579303' post='2212011']
I'll be dissapointed if there is they don't use the UPN network logo.

Anyway congratulations on getting sanctioned. Hopefully you can hold it once everyone rebuys their fired nukes.
[/quote]
Well, this is where the real difficulty is. We still need about a week to get the flag and people will see it as a chance to claim the spot for themselevs, GATO are very close to us and if WTF accidentally gain 3 members...

[quote name='darkfox' date='03 March 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1267586390' post='2212173']
UPN is an honorable alliance. They deserve sanctioned status. Please guys dont let the malcontents ruin it for you.
[/quote]
Thank you. =)