Umbrella Announcement

Monster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='22 February 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1266905371' post='2198664']
As much as this war has sucked for pretty much everyone, I for one have loved the MK-Umbrella action that has been going on throughout the war. It's like all this untapped potential is roaring out all at once.
[/quote]

I care not about the Kingdom of Mushrooms. I, for one, only do this to honor a treaty that we have, since that's kind of important, and all.

[quote name='Kroknia' date='23 February 2010 - 06:05 AM' timestamp='1266905156' post='2198658']
Thanks for the help you lovely people.
[/quote]

I just love this. Thanking for the help as if 49 nations where to much to handle for 7 alliances. :D

[quote name='hymli' date='23 February 2010 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1266912740' post='2198786']
I just love this. Thanking for the help as if 49 nations where to much to handle for 7 alliances. :D
[/quote]
Yea.. that's it. :rolleyes:

Glad to see you're taking it with a smile though.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' date='23 February 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1266906748' post='2198709']
I care not about the Kingdom of Mushrooms. I, for one, only do this to honor a treaty that we have, since that's kind of important, and all.
[/quote]

Is that so?

[quote name='Urmom(U)' date='23 February 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1266913424' post='2198793']
:(

Well, hopefully this ends soon. Sad seeing our allies beat on each other, especially when it's just piling on at this point. Well, best of luck to both.

o/ TSO & Umbrella
[/quote]
TSO kinda brought it on themselves by preempting with you, but yeah... Still disappointing, but that's the nature of this war. A cluster$%&@.

[quote name='Meer Republic' date='23 February 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1266929484' post='2198918']
We're catching you, declare moar.
[/quote]

We were actually just about to declare on both you and PC in order to take the two of you out of this contest, but then someone said something about allies and not being allowed to attack them or something, I didn't really understand. :unsure:

[quote name='Vandal' date='23 February 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1266904989' post='2198654']
Meh,

The only people you'll irritate with this announcement is GATO. You'll be taking more of what little slots are already left from them.
[/quote]

So not complaining!
Welcome to the fray.

It is always fun to jump on a bandwagon. But, it is just not Umbrella's style to bandwagon. So, I am a little confused by this decision.

Sometimes alliances DoW due to personal animosity. Recent interactions would tend to show that this is unlikely (unless something changed quite recently). It can't be a military decision. Slots are full (as has been pointed out). So, it must be a political decision. Is Umbrella clearly communicating their preference when it comes to their [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=12761"]treaty partners[/url]?

Just sayin. It is a bit of a head scratcher. I think I can honestly say that TSO members have the highest respect for Umbrella's members, despite this.

[quote name='watchman' date='23 February 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1266954000' post='2199354']
It is always fun to jump on a bandwagon. But, it is just not Umbrella's style to bandwagon. So, I am a little confused by this decision.

Sometimes alliances DoW due to personal animosity. Recent interactions would tend to show that this is unlikely (unless something changed quite recently). It can't be a military decision. Slots are full (as has been pointed out). So, it must be a political decision. Is Umbrella clearly communicating their preference when it comes to their [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=12761"]treaty partners[/url]?

Just sayin. It is a bit of a head scratcher. I think I can honestly say that TSO members have the highest respect for Umbrella's members, despite this.
[/quote]

We have no animosity towards you. Perhaps I can clarify our position.

From the treaty with TOP:

[quote]
6. Both signatories are prohibited by this treaty to initiate offensive action against any MDP/MADP partners of the other signatory. This clause will not apply should an MDP/MADP partner of either signatory initiate any hostilities that lead to activation of an MDP by either signatory.
[/quote]

It's clear that MK's treaty supersedes the TOP treaty in this case.

As for the military reason:
[quote name='LJ Scott' date='23 February 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1266951554' post='2199302']
Shame this had to occur, but apparently some people can't stagger or something, and need a helping hand. Not naming names or anything >_>
[/quote]

QUID CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTARD?

Good luck and hopefully this is can be speedily resolved.