Umbrella Announcement

Monster

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='23 February 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1266989513' post='2200630']
Tony, if I was in Umbrella's shoes, I'd be as pissed at you guys as TOP was at Gre when they declared on IRON during the Karma war. Not that it wasn't already a dead letter, but when TOP declared on CnG, you broke the terms of the Lux Aeterna (I dunno whether you broke your treaty with Umb as well). What's good for the goose is pretty much good for the gander, to be honest with you.
[/quote]

I'm going to have to agree with Umar here. I for one respect Umbrella's decision (though I do not like it or agree with it as they most definitely feel the same with our pre-emptive attack). Needless to say cheers to Umbrella and to TSO for two military and quality oriented alliances getting a chance to duke it out, I urge both parties towards white peace of course. <----should be my new meme?

[quote name='janax' date='23 February 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1266989705' post='2200633']
Argent collects a stat. The only Citadel alliance to never break the Lux's prohibition of attacking OTPs.

Take that, stat monkeys. :awesome:
[/quote]

Actually I don't think OG ever did either.

Edited by LiquidMercury

[quote name='Kortal' date='23 February 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1266955236' post='2199390']
this is not an act of hostility.
[/quote]
Sorry to take this out of context of what was a very well meaning and thought out post. But i had to laugh that saying a DoW was not act of hostility.

Edited by Duke William I

[quote name='elborrador' date='24 February 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1266989680' post='2200632']
If anything less tham humiliating and crippling reps are forced on tso I will be very disappointed.
[/quote]

And there you have it. This is no longer a war to achieve victory and peace for C&G, but a war to achieve "humiliating and crippling reps" for our side.
If peace was the issue, the white peace for all offer still stands. And if victory was the issue, C&G could at least suggest offer terms.
But instead they use their treaty partners as tools to achieve "humiliating and crippling reps".

[quote name='hymli' date='24 February 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1266992552' post='2200790']
And there you have it. This is no longer a war to achieve victory and peace for C&G, but a war to achieve "humiliating and crippling reps" for our side.
If peace was the issue, the white peace for all offer still stands. And if victory was the issue, C&G could at least suggest offer terms.
But instead they use their treaty partners as tools to achieve "humiliating and crippling reps".
[/quote]
You would be on much stronger ground if you actually quoted a CnG member and not a member of an alliance you stabbed in the back.

[quote name='flak attack' date='24 February 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1266992636' post='2200794']
You would be on much stronger ground if you actually quoted a CnG member and not a member of an alliance you stabbed in the back.
[/quote]

I think he just got really excited when he read the post and forgot to actually read his AA :(

[quote name='flak attack' date='24 February 2010 - 06:20 AM' timestamp='1266992636' post='2200794']
[/quote]

I haven't stabbed anyone in the back, dearest.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='24 February 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1266992748' post='2200799']
I think he just got really excited when he read the post and forgot to actually read his AA :(
[/quote]

The quote doesn't matter as much.
What matters is that C&G isn't accepting peace and isn't offering terms. They are only piling treaty partners on top of our side to use them as tools to either ensure our destruction or enforce crippling and humiliating reparations.

I personally hold nothing against TSO, other than the fact that they aggressively attacked MK, and as such, we are honoring our treaty and helping our friends. When they get peace with (or if, God I hope isn't if) our allies, Umbrella won't be seeking any form of reparations from them, which has been our policy throughout this war.

[quote name='elborrador' date='23 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1266989680' post='2200632']
If anything less tham humiliating and crippling reps are forced on tso I will be very disappointed.
[/quote]

You aren't very familiar with Umbrella's rep policies are you.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' date='24 February 2010 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1266993096' post='2200837']
I personally hold nothing against TSO, other than the fact that they aggressively attacked MK, and as such, we are honoring our treaty and helping our friends. When they get peace with (or if, God I hope isn't if) our allies, Umbrella won't be seeking any form of reparations from them, which has been our policy throughout this war.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you guys honoring treaties. But let's not have any illusions of why they asked for your help.
Bottom line, you are helping C&G to enforce reps.

I'll see you on the battle field. Have a good fight :)

[quote name='hymli' date='24 February 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1266993308' post='2200861']
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you guys honoring treaties. But let's not have any illusions of why they asked for your help.
Bottom line, you are helping C&G to enforce reps.

I'll see you on the battle field. Have a good fight :)
[/quote]

So Reps is wrong when you pre-empted us? I dislike reps a lot. But when we are pre-emptively with a !@#$ CB, Reps at least some reps need to be enforced. Why should we accept [b] your [/b] white peace at all?

Also good luck to TSO in their fight against Umbrella.

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

[quote name='defroster' date='23 February 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1266993145' post='2200847']
You aren't very familiar with Umbrella's rep policies are you.
[/quote]
I think he was making a general statement to all the people fighting TSO, not just Umbrella.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='24 February 2010 - 06:37 AM' timestamp='1266993662' post='2200891']
So Reps is wrong when you pre-empted us? I dislike reps a lot. But when we are pre-emptively with a !@#$ CB, Reps at least some reps need to be enforced. Why should we accept [b] your [/b] white peace at all?

Also good luck to TSO in their fight against Umbrella.
[/quote]

If this was about [b]some[/b] reps, I'm sure you would have offered terms by now. But instead you are piling on you're treaty partners to attempt to either destroy our side, or get us to accept crippling reps.
All I'm saying is, let's not have any illusions of why you are activating treaties to this pile, when the option to end the war is open.

[quote name='Diomede' date='24 February 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1267005216' post='2201197']
hymli, just take it as a compliment that one of the man-for-man, strongest alliances in the game is needed against you. War is war, the object is to win.
[/quote]

Man for Man? LOL, more like a man stepped up while several other men were having trouble kicking them down, and that Man used to be your best friend.

Edited by Chalaskan

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='24 February 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1267005458' post='2201200']
Man for Man? LOL, more like a man stepped up while several other men were having trouble kicking them down, and that Man used to be your best friend.
[/quote]

Good to see you still make as much sense as ever.

[quote name='Banksy' date='24 February 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1267010273' post='2201246']
It takes two to Tango.
[/quote]

This isn't a tango.
Our side have offered a universal white peace offer and opened the door for negotiations. C&G have shown no interest in reaching peace.
So there isn't much doubt about what C&G is using it's treaty partners to achieve.

And please, read all the post relevant posts before replying with another irrelevant one-liner cliché.

[quote name='hymli' date='24 February 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1267013388' post='2201265']
This isn't a tango.
Our side have offered a universal white peace offer and opened the door for negotiations. C&G have shown no interest in reaching peace.
So there isn't much doubt about what C&G is using it's treaty partners to achieve.

And please, read all the post relevant posts before replying with another irrelevant one-liner cliché.
[/quote]

Why would C&G accept a white peace, after defending from such aggresive forces and actually right now winning? Its the victor that gets to decide the terms, not those who are losing and want an easy way out.

More related to topic go go umbrella o/

Edited by scutterbug

[quote name='hymli' date='24 February 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1267013388' post='2201265']
This isn't a tango.

[/quote]
The doors to negotiations haven't been opened. We have been told white peace or nothing. We didn't bite on option one.

You're probably right though in the end you will pay more than [b]some[/b] reps. Not to umbrella but at the very least to the people you aggressively attacked.

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='24 February 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1267005458' post='2201200']
[/quote]
Your other best friend would like to point out that even if your analogy worked (it doesn't), it would be counterproductive to use it again.

[quote name='janax' date='24 February 2010 - 05:31 AM' timestamp='1266989705' post='2200633']
Argent collects a stat. The only Citadel alliance to never break the Lux's prohibition of attacking OTPs.

Take that, stat monkeys. :awesome:
[/quote]

Can't break what doesn't exist D: