Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

Wasn't Mary already the Imperial Regent? :huh:

Yes. I have been the Regent since the 1st of May, and when Moo stepped down Cortath kept me as Regent. This is just the creation of the Office of the Regent to handle the Order's affairs on Red. Think of it as a new sort of department.

Edited by Mary the Fantabulous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I have been the Regent since the 1st of May, and when Moo stepped down Cortath kept me as Regent. This is just the creation of the Office of the Regent to handle the Order's affairs on Red. Think of it as a new sort of department.

It means that Mary now has a secretary and a water cooler.

What exactly does the red protection court do these days?

The Red Protection Court will contact the raiding nations and ask them politely to cease and desist their raiding of the Red sphere.

It utilizes that once-great art known as di-plo-macy...? I think that's the word, I'm actually very rusty on that term.

Red Protection court? You have no authority to be protecting red so you might as well kill of that idea.

I wasn't aware that terms enforced how the NPO could operate. Yes, the Revenge Doctrine was abolished in its then current form, and they are under military terms, but neither should necessarily affect how the NPO operates. If they want to have a court with no teeth, how are you to stop them?

Wasn't Mary already the Imperial Regent? :huh:

Exactly what I thought. :huh:

From the terms:

IV. The New Pacific Order hereby commits to never reinstating the Moldavi Doctrine or the original version of the Revenge Doctrine in any form. Henceforth, the Red Sphere is a free Sphere, with no restrictions on the Senate or alliance inhabitance.

The Revenge Doctrine mandated this protection, and the Revenge Doctrine is banned under terms.

But the protection of red team from tech raiding wasn't the reasoning for this ban I'm sure. Maybe this has already been cleared with the alliances that made up Karma.

Edited by empirica

The Revenge Doctrine mandated this protection, and the Revenge Doctrine is banned under terms.

But the protection of red team from tech raiding wasn't the reasoning for this ban I'm sure. Maybe this has already been cleared with the alliances that made up Karma.

If NPO did in fact ask alliances from the Karma coalition, I'd be curious to know if Athens was asked.

The terms refer to "the original version of the Revenge Doctrine". I believe this is because the Revenge Doctrine, being based on the Moldavi Doctrine, expressed NPO's dominance and sovereignty over Red. That's the part that is banned.

As far as I can tell they're allowed to try protecting red from tech raids.

• Military Affairs: the Red Protection Court

maintain the protection of all Red nations from tech-raiding,

This looks a lot like the Revenge doctrine, something you weren't allowed to reproduce. Care to explain?

Mhh I should've had read this thread before replying.

After reading the thread, this still seems like a breach in your surrender terms though.

Edited by kriekfreak

I wasn't aware that terms enforced how the NPO could operate. Yes, the Revenge Doctrine was abolished in its then current form, and they are under military terms, but neither should necessarily affect how the NPO operates. If they want to have a court with no teeth, how are you to stop them?

With a declaration of war six months from now.

During the war the Revenge doctrine was changed to take out the part about just NPO on red. What was left through was the protection of red nations. In terms they banned the original revenge doctrine which prevented red alliances but not the new one which protected red nations.

Edited by applesauce59

IV. The New Pacific Order hereby commits to never reinstating the Moldavi Doctrine or the original version of the Revenge Doctrine in any form. Henceforth, the Red Sphere is a free Sphere, with no restrictions on the Senate or alliance inhabitance.

Emphasis mine. Before the conclusion of the Karma War, we "opened" the Revenge Doctrine to include other alliances on the Red team in the defence of the unaligned nations on Red being tech raided. This was deemed appropriate and suitable to the alliances we surrendered to.

During the war the Revenge doctrine was changed to take out the part about just NPO on red. What was left through was the protection of red nations. In terms they banned the original revenge doctrine which prevented red alliances but not the new one which protected red nations.

Yeah, right. Total BS.

Yes he has. It was part of their surrender terms. Which are now breached.

Emphasis mine. Before the conclusion of the Karma War, we "opened" the Revenge Doctrine to include other alliances on the Red team in the defence of the unaligned nations on Red being tech raided. This was deemed appropriate and suitable to the alliances we surrendered to.

Try reading the thread before commenting, you prove you're not paying attention.

Try reading the thread before commenting, you prove you're not paying attention.

Oh I've read it. But it is total BS. I'll wait for some of the Karma alliances to come here to prove me wrong.

Edited by kriekfreak