Notice to all in CN

LiquidMercury

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate what you're trying to do LM but you know just as well as I do that most of us will still be checking on things come update. That's just how it is.

Pretty much this. We all know it has to happen eventually, and any day in the next several days, you'll all say it too close to New Years. We need war damnit.

Edited by Nintenderek

i thought so too, but get confused when other allainces are baited and told, "why wont you do something." then again, this is the oldest i have ever been

Alliances have always been taunted on CN for not defending their allies :P

OOC: I want everyone to enjoy their New Years and be safe, just don't think that excuses you guys from not helping your allies earlier :P

Hail TOP, puppeteer voice of the "other side".

Happy New Year.

He may very well be the voice of 'the other side', but look at what that means. It means that a man who put his heart and soul into the cause of Karma can no longer stomach what some of the alliances of Karma have tried shaping the world into. Many of the alliances of Karma are now committed to keeping things the exact way things were, rather than changing them for the better. LiquidMercury has seen this firsthand, and now he's determined to try to show people the way things should be in the only way he knows how.

He may very well be the voice of 'the other side', but look at what that means. It means that a man who put his heart and soul into the cause of Karma can no longer stomach what some of the alliances of Karma have tried shaping the world into. Many of the alliances of Karma are now committed to keeping things the exact way things were, rather than changing them for the better. LiquidMercury has seen this firsthand, and now he's determined to try to show people the way things should be in the only way he knows how.

Or this has nothing whatsoever to do with Karma, maybe.

Chill, Boris, and have a splendid celebration tonight, if you choose to.

Or...he's just going to help defend his allies.

Fakeedit: WC got their first.

A bit presumptuous, I would think has more to do with treaties and helping allies.

Or he's just in TOP.

But that's because TOP is the one true light of morality and justice. Unlike the rest of the heathens around here. :P

Karma is gone. The components are still there, but this isn't about Karma or any of that business. LM leading the other side probably has as little to do with Karma now as it did when LM led Karma's military. He is simply the most qualified, from what I've seen. I don't think anyone's thrilled that LM is leading this one, because of what it implies ;) , but at least it'll be somewhat even if it ever goes down.

The message is a good one. I think people are missing it.

if you wish to go there, your side is committed to the belief that it is alright to spy on other alliances (despite almost all of them being pissed when FAN/Vox did the same thing during wartime....) as well as thinking it is alright to conspire to actually attempt to disband an alliance. i am of the thought that those two line of thoughts are far more akin to the old pre-Karma times than Athens defending themselves.

anyways, i am fairly certain we all knew that tonite would have no DoWs but thanks for the well wishes LM and have a Happy New Bob Year yourself mate.

A very classy move.

The most interesting thing, of course, is the effective admission that LM is coordinating the defence of TPF, and the corollary that TOP (and therefore IRON, and probably Citadel) will be there. Those who have been baiting for four days are going to get more than they bargained for. The 'Wrath of Karma' may have had his influence overstated in these last five months, but let no one underestimate his skill.

Boris overstates his case, but there is a point in there. The fact that the grand military strategist of Karma is now apparently about to coordinate a defence against several of the headline alliances of Karma (though with several others on his side) should tell you something about how far from the ideals of that campaign we are now.

A very classy move.

The most interesting thing, of course, is the effective admission that LM is coordinating the defence of TPF, and the corollary that TOP (and therefore IRON, and probably Citadel) will be there. Those who have been baiting for four days are going to get more than they bargained for. The 'Wrath of Karma' may have had his influence overstated in these last five months, but let no one underestimate his skill.

Boris overstates his case, but there is a point in there. The fact that the grand military strategist of Karma is now apparently about to coordinate a defence against several of the headline alliances of Karma (though with several others on his side) should tell you something about how far from the ideals of that campaign we are now.

Thank you, Bob. You are much better with how to phrase things than I am, and for that I tip my hat to you.

Or...it could be that he's just helping whatever side his alliance ends up with in both cases.

A very classy move.

I thought the ideal was that people get what's coming to them. You set up a spy ring and don't admit any of it after the war concludes (best case) or keep it running after the war is over (worst case), and you get DoW'd!

This isn't anything Karma was against. Individual surrender terms were already posted far as I can tell, that is something the old hegemony would never have done, especially not this early.

I don't see anyone getting PZI'd or disbanded here.

A very classy move.

well Umbrella is allied to the other side. this is the Karma war all over again for Cit this time it seems that TOP is in the seat that Gremlins was in during Karma.

also i agree with WC on this. LM helping TPF's side kinda shows which side TOP is rooting for, the same side they stayed allied to for the most part since the Karma war. so it really does not make any insight into LM except that he is loyal to TOP. until LM actually states those words, anyone attempting to read into it will of course read into it what they will want to see. LM is the only one who knows the actual truth.

I understand that if this were the case it would be a nice piece of propaganda, but it isn't. Stop reaching.

No real surprises here, attempting a blitz tonight would be folly.

Six days of letting TPF burn, they shouldve went in last night that would give them nearly 2 full days of attacks and counter planning before *our* side(or so im assuming) could come in

ah well..drink, be merry and do what you do. then get the hell back here and lets blow some stuff up because i for one am tired of paying for military :P

I thought the ideal was that people get what's coming to them. You set up a spy ring and don't admit any of it after the war concludes (best case) or keep it running after the war is over (worst case), and you get DoW'd!

This isn't anything Karma was against. Individual surrender terms were already posted far as I can tell, that is something the old hegemony would never have done, especially not this early.

I don't see anyone getting PZI'd or disbanded here.

dont bring sense into this. you forget, the old Heg is the one who dictates what Karma was about, not those who fought for Karma.... sillybilly.