Ragnarok Announcement

Van Hoo III

I should reach though the internet and slap both of you for making almost 600 posts of 'no u'. We are all brain damaged from having read this #$@&. People on Hoo's side will agree with Hoo. People on Warbuck's side will agree with Warbuck. Since neither of you can really definitively prove anything, kiss, make up, and go your seperate ways. All you're doing is acting childish, and we are all braindead for having put up with it.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't even need photoshop in this case. All he's doing is editing the base .txt file that the log came in and using a third party program, in this case Log Viewer, to open up the .txt file. Then he took a screenshot of it.

Editing the log file itself is ridiculously easy since it's only in a base .txt file. All you have to do is change whatever you need to in notepad and save it. Then use the same third party program he used and voila, you have Warbuck's screenshot in a nutshell.

All you're doing is acting childish, and we are all braindead for having put up with it.

If the argument offends you that much, may I suggest not clicking the thread in the first place?

It really and truly can work wonders.

Oh wow- you serious? Even a monkey could use the spray paint function in MS Paint. I cleared out the names of my MSN contacts- and now I'm a pro? Now you are just digging for something cuz you have nothing else.

You should have just stuck with your admission that it was edited, but that you didn't know who did it. Now you are guilty and it will not be forgotten.

you know what, this thread isn't even worth watching anymore... You're just like two monkeys trowing !@#$ at each other just for fun. It's annoying and lame. RoK, you can do whatever you want, !@#$%* around as long as you want, you could've gone out of this one with dignity, not like you got out of the last war. I don't care anymore, and neither most of the people i've talked to in ADI. We are ready for anything except a poo fight like this one. You can ignore us, marginalize us, we don't care. And that's final.

So, that screenie of yours, why does it have notepad on the side? When that's the way to edit the .txt files in question?

That's what we in the "biz" like to call "busted"

Really? Really? How on earth would you know the name of the .txt if you didn't even know how do find the logs?

Finding a log and translating it from the garbage that is in it are two different things.

And I think I like ratonbox's solution as well.

Edited by John Warbuck

I am curious what happened to the assertion way back that Warbuck's formatting was different than Hoo's?

The fact that the snippet this all centers around is lacking the <>'s that surround a user's name in mIRC means that there is no doubt that said snippet has been altered in some way since being copied from Warbuck's log. From this we can't tell exactly what was edited, but it does look highly suspect as it is tampered evidence.

Also the argument that it is tough to add a bit to a log with all of the formatting code in it really holds no water. In this age of instant communication, is it impossible to think that Warbuck could have asked someone (perhaps the previously referenced IRC expert) how to do it since this thread has started? (Also, it's easy enough to copy the previous line and paste it again, and replace the necessary parts. Pattern recognition is something that all humans can pride themselves in)

Edit: Grammar

Edited by ktarthan

It still shows Warbuck lying... again. He says he knows nothing about photoediting programs, and then edits one quickly. It just makes his story that much less believable.

I can assure you that Warbuck knows nothing about photo editing. He needed me to add the words onto his sig and resize it for him.

RoK, your entire logs with Warbuck have already been disclosed to many. No one is entirely sure what to believe and at this point no one really cares.

The most recent logs RoK posted, RoK came in and suggested Warbuck claim a foreign diplomat may have changed. Warbuck thought this could help TPF/FEAR, and still wanted to fix relations with RoK at the time. Thus, he played along. I asked him if this was so, and he admitted. I told him, stick to the truth. Don't go changing your position now, unless you really do feel that line was added. He didn't, and so he didn't post what RoK wanted him to.

I admit, the evidence RoK has is pretty discrediting of Warbuck, with him changing positions and what-not. A rookie mistake, some might say. As to what is real, I think only Warbuck and Hoo themselves will ever truly know. Hopefully RoK is satisfied with it's discrediting of Warbuck and we can just drop it here.

I am curious what happened to the assertion way back that Warbuck's formatting was different than Hoo's?

The fact that the snippet this all centers around is lacking the <>'s that surround a user's name in mIRC means that there is no doubt that said snippet has been altered in some way since being copied from Warbuck's log. From this we can't tell exactly what was edited, but it does look highly suspect as it is tampered evidence.

Also the argument that it is tough to add a bit to a log with all of the formatting code in it really holds no water. In this age of instant communication, is it impossible to think that Warbuck could have asked someone (perhaps the previously referenced IRC expert) how to do it since this thread has started? (Also, it's easy enough to copy the previous line and paste it again, and replace the necessary parts. Pattern recognition is something that all humans can pride themselves in)

Edit: Grammar

I agree with the goon. +1 to damnation.

Actually, I'll say more. During my convo with Hoo, I WANTED to make things work again. But it would mean selling out my allies. If there was a way to clear Hoo's name and make him look better without doing that, I would have taken it.

Also RoK were your allies, when things got rough, tried to work things out

You Faked Logs and Sold RoK over

so selling out your allies doesnt really matter to you... I call b/s on that above quote statement

Edited by Deathistan

RoK, your entire logs with Warbuck have already been disclosed to many. No one is entirely sure what to believe and at this point no one really cares.

The most recent logs RoK posted, RoK came in and suggested Warbuck claim a foreign diplomat may have changed. Warbuck thought this could help TPF/FEAR, and still wanted to fix relations with RoK at the time. Thus, he played along. I asked him if this was so, and he admitted. I told him, stick to the truth. Don't go changing your position now, unless you really do feel that line was added. He didn't, and so he didn't post what RoK wanted him to.

I admit, the evidence RoK has is pretty discrediting of Warbuck, with him changing positions and what-not. A rookie mistake, some might say. As to what is real, I think only Warbuck and Hoo themselves will ever truly know. Hopefully RoK is satisfied with it's discrediting of Warbuck and we can just drop it here.

You scared him out of it by telling him that coming clean would crush ADI and FEAR.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x213/Ka...arbucklogs8.jpg <--- per Warbuck.

I'd just like to talk to whoever photoshopped (or MS Painted) the logs. Very well done. I've done some artwork myself but I'm impressed by the timelogs and the line addon and spacing/formatted typing. Please PM me because I'd like a new sig. The war is over :(

Willing to pay 500 tech.

Now that Hoo Gave all he needed to prove Warbuck lied

The other side suddenly "Doesnt Care anymore"

Is it really typical of you guys that when you're proven wrong, You just shrug it all off and when Someone SOMEHOW wronged your side everyne HAS to give a damn?

I can assure you that Warbuck knows nothing about photo editing. He needed me to add the words onto his sig and resize it for him.

I wonder who he paid to add the words to the logs then...

well, I can make websites and Sigs and stuff... I am schooled in the entire Adobe suite... but im just Lazy and ive asked people to make me sigs when they were offering, proves nothing

edit: added stuff sue me

Edited by Deathistan