FOK announcement

oinkoink12

In case someone attacks one of our MDP (or higher) partners we declare war on them regardless of so called sides someone is on. In case an ally declares on an ally we will be likely to remain neutral in that instance.

Isn't this a hypocrisy? On one side you are saying you will attack your allie's attackers no matter who they are, but on the other side if your ally attacks your ally it's cool with you?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this a hypocrisy? On one side you are saying you will attack your allie's attackers no matter who they are, but on the other side if your ally attacks your ally it's cool with you?

Mediation bro. Have you heard of that?

To those claiming we will be fighting both sides: This isn't true. Read the announcement again. FOK will always fight at one side. One side alone. The side of our allies. Don't attack any of our allies and we will just smoke some weed on the sidelines. Be foolish enough to attack any, or even all, of our allies and !@#$ will hit the fan. It's really that simple.

Your allies are on multiple sides.

Look, guys, I understand what you're trying to do here, I really do. And this whole announcement sounds great, and it sounds staunch and principled, but completely unpractical. You get the pleasure of everyone saying "noble stance!" and "that's how you stand by your allies", but in reality, to your allies this is completely unhelpful, and they're left wondering what they have to do to actually win your treaty-level support when the blows start flying, and further, wondering if you're going to be a liability by fighting with them while simultaneously undermining their efforts and helping the opposing side. I realize that you guys are in a difficult position; I'm just trying to call this a little more like it is.

If one of my allies made a public decision like this, I would be totally sketched out.

Edited by deja

Reading isn't your strongpoint is it?

You get the pleasure of everyone saying "noble stance!" and "that's how you stand by your allies", but in reality, to your allies this is completely unhelpful, and they're left wondering what they have to do to actually win your treaty-level support when the blows start flying, and further, wondering if you're going to be a liability by fighting with them while simultaneously undermining their efforts and helping the opposing side.

If one of my allies made a public decision like this, I would be totally sketched out.

It's a mutual defense pact between the two alliances involved. Not between the whole side that your treaty partner is fighting on. You will help your ally by fighting the alliance that is attacking them. What goes on in the other corner of the universe has really nothing to do with the treaty you have signed.

Talking about being undermined five or six steps away from the conflict you're treaty bound to is more philosophical than practical.

Not really, first of all we urge our allies to not attack each other. Second of all we will be LIKELY to stay neutral cause choosing between allies is not cool. If we have to pick a side than we prolly wont pick the agressors side. Cause they choose to attack one of our ally's the defenders dont.

Look, guys, I understand what you're trying to do here, I really do. And this whole announcement sounds great, and it sounds staunch and principled, but completely unpractical. You get the pleasure of everyone saying "noble stance!" and "that's how you stand by your allies", but in reality, to your allies this is completely unhelpful, and they're left wondering what they have to do to actually win your treaty-level support when the blows start flying, and further, wondering if you're going to be a liability by fighting with them while simultaneously undermining their efforts and helping the opposing side. I realize that you guys are in a difficult position; I'm just trying to call this a little more like it is.

First of all, we have an MDoaP with someone, not with their "Coalition".

If one of my allies would ask if I want to help them kill 4 of my other allies on the other side. How can you actually think we would help kill 4 of our treatypartners.

If one of our treatypartners on the agressive side thinks its not cool? They should have thought of that before they wanted to kill 35% of our treatypartners.

Yes, we are not the folks to do a dogpile. Also, we know this will cost us our infra, tech, whatever.... we value our friends over our infra.

Can't we nationalize Rosetter Stome?

For what itn worth

0/FOK Bringer of the best update rush ever

also: OOC... hopin youz get the big skate this year, it's looking good.

These 'allies' should have considered this BEFORE joining a coalition that did not contain several of our other allies.

Don't blame us for honouring our treaties deja.

These 'allies' should have considered this BEFORE joining a coalition that did not contain several of our other allies.

To be honest here, your allies were all at one time on one side... Maintaining those bonds, then blaming your allies for the change in political climate, that isn't something I'd expect from you Avenger.

Now this makes sense, if you are allied to FOK you have to be sure that ALL of their treaty partners are on board to get support. come on Avenger.

To be honest here, your allies were all at one time on one side... Maintaining those bonds, then blaming your allies for the change in political climate, that isn't something I'd expect from you Avenger.

FOK's allies include TOP and MK. I don't think those two alliances have ever been on the same side (unless you count Karma, which I don't think TOP would). Before Karma, they included NPO and MK. Certainly in this war it is not FOK that has put its allies on different sides (though none of them are actually engaged at the moment).

Now this makes sense, if you are allied to FOK you have to be sure that ALL of their treaty partners are on board to get support. come on Avenger.

What he means is that One group of ally's can't demand from FOK that they abandon the other group of ally's.

Edited by oinkoink12

This is a very reasonable position for FOK to take and I, for one, applaud it. It honors agreements while ensuring a reasonable amount of impartiality in the conflict. May this be a future template for those who find themselves in similar situations.

Edited by tamerlane

Not really, first of all we urge our allies to not attack each other. Second of all we will be LIKELY to stay neutral cause choosing between allies is not cool. If we have to pick a side than we prolly wont pick the agressors side. Cause they choose to attack one of our ally's the defenders dont.

Thank you for explaining that.