An Address from the Grandmaster

Doitzel

well, doitz did say this little war is just to keep IRON low on ns and still rebuilding somewhere in the OP so why not use hypocrisy to do that beats me. it's a good tactic. worked before, it's probably going to work in the future too.

I didn't say that. John Lennon did.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honor your treaties, they bash you for defending criminals. You cancel your treaties, they bash your for being cowards. Then later they bash you anyway.

Awfully sensitive aren't we? You realize Doitzel is pretty much doing this for his own amusement, and about 3 treaty chains away from anyone fighting TPF, right?

Awfully sensitive aren't we? You realize Doitzel is pretty much doing this for his own amusement, and about 3 treaty chains away from anyone fighting TPF, right?

No we aren't. It's a common war time theme. I'm just sayin', it is what it is.

I didn't say that. John Lennon did.

lemme quote myself since people seem not to just ignore this (i hope because they don't like the truth) :

The healing was so fast and effective, <- the rebound from karma

in fact, that when another war nearly dragged them into the line of fire <- here, now

people actually thought that the quiet giant would awake from its Independence to sacrifice more infrastructure in a losing war. <- you peps thought that so you started this little firecracker. i mean, seriously, his is bait to enter the war. or are you too much of a hypocrite to admit it?? :P

lemme quote myself since people seem not to just ignore this (i hope because they don't like the truth) :

You need to compare notes with some other people. John Lennon doesn't strike me as the type to bait anyone into war. More likely, this is exactly what it appears to be on the surface.

well, doitz did say this little war is just to keep IRON low on ns and still rebuilding somewhere in the OP so why not use hypocrisy to do that beats me. it's a good tactic. worked before, it's probably going to work in the future too.

If Athens and Rok are willing to admit to that, by all means trash tpf's allies. Though if they did... it would be pretty damning.

Edited by iamthey

EDIT: As for the OP, it's just a glorified assumption.

Everything is a glorified assumption, including this very statement.

I think you were just trying to throw out a response so I'm not going to take the insult too seriously... In the future if thats what you draw from one of my posts I would try reading again, clearly you didn't understand it the first time...

The point here is the inconsistency on the part of those criticizing TPF's allies, and those advocating for the CB. If we are to believe the CB is sound, and that the war is for IC reasons (as numerous members of SF/C&G and those associated with them have assured us) then the CB which is founded upon an infiltration plot, and supposed spying should be legitimate grounds to activate the anti-espionage clauses in each of TPF's treaty partners. So for those supporting the attack on TPF it would be very silly for them to also criticize TPF's allies as their rational to attack is also a fully legitimate rational for those allies to not defend TPF.

In this case the only way for criticism of TPF's allies to be legitimate is for those attacking TPF's allies to also admit either that the war is being fought for OOC reasons, and that the CB is illegitimate. If they try to uphold both its just flagrant hypocrisy.

Actually, the fuss over the inaction of TPF's allies is virtually the same as the fuss over the CoC. The Karma side disagreed with what NPO did and attacked them for it, but were pissed when NPO's allies decided that they wouldn't defend them ex post facto. In this situation, the Athenian side, for lack of a better term, disagreed with what TPF did and attacked them for it, but are annoyed by the inaction of the allies that sworn to defend them now that the truth has come to light.

Some of the treaties that you have signed with TPF may be conditional to a degree, but I don't believe their actions have violated those conditions. If they have, then make a post stating so and your reasoning for not wanting to enter the war. If that were done, posts like these would be completely unnecessary. You've left your (in)actions open to speculation, so don't be so offended when people speculate about the gaps of information. There is nothing inconsistent with believing that we have a solid casus belli, by being offended by the inaction of the alliances that swore to protect TPF if such a case were ever to arise. If you sign such an important document with your ally, you should be aware of what they do. If you do agree with the CB but it does not violate your treaties, then make a post stating that you disagree with the actions that TPF took against the alliances they conspired to destroy, but that you will stand by them as per your promise of mutual defence, regardless. You can cancel on them afterward. Or, if you think the CB is complete BS, then I'm of the opinion that you should do what your alliance has sworn to do.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one. That way, hopefully, all such wars won't have to be won.

Note: I don't mean you as you specifically, as you are in Argent and not allied to TPF, but anyone currently involved in this in general.

Edited by George the Great

I wish they would, but this is about IRON not ODN. That sloppy dodge is an excellent way to demonstrate cowardice though. In debate as well as war, IRON can't own up.

i think i heard that one before... a day or 2 before we declared. now odn on the other side... (literally, just on the other side). also, calling a someone out when he is being hypocritical isn't a sign of cowardice. so just take it like a man.