Just a quick comment on recent events

I am not accustomed to being upstaged but am willing to admit when it occurs. Obviously, with the rapid escalation surrounding all of us the current RIA-NSO fiasco is not really newsworthy. But, be that as it may, I would be failing my membership if I did not make some kind of statement and set a few other issues straight.

First, in order to fully encompass all that I wish to share, I want to address the items leading up to "the challenge". Upon my return from an extended period of time away I discovered that my second in command, Corinan, and a few other members of my alliance had engaged in some heated debate with members of CSN over one of their members evading a ban in our discussion channel. Unfortunately, an error was made and Corinan threatened CSN with war. That was a mistake. I have stated that it was mistake in a few places and invited CSN to speak with me about it. To date, no member of CSN has approached me over the issue so I now consider it a dead point. In no way does my not wishing to jump into a war based on ridiculous reasons and erroneous bravado make me or the NSO cowardly, as was stated repeatedly without cause or justification after that issue.

Second, Dark Fist, again while I was away, posted some very ridiculous accusations towards NSO and publicly called for our destruction. Any response that follows on our part would by necessity be hostile. Somehow, in the course of that spectacle, once again, those that hate the NSO twisted the issue into NSO somehow needing to be the aggressor in order to avoid the coward moniker. Failing to attack another alliance that accuses us of crimes but is too scared to actually declare themselves does not make us cowards.

I will never concern myself with being called mean names by those that hate us anyway. I have been called worse things than the worst thing you can imagine, in this realm and others. Calling me a coward in hopes of manipulating me into an aggressive war so that the real cowards can gangbang my alliance hardly measures up. Try harder.

But, both of those issues don't really matter when it comes down to it. I believe most people knew that no amount of goading would cause NSO to declare in those situations because as an alliance we are not stupid and it sure isn't led by a stupid person. Several of DF's allies have confirmed to me that they have no idea what SCM was intending with the bogus charges but that is beside the point.

Now, when it comes to RIA the situation is substantially different. No one in NSO asked RIA to be involved. No one in NSO challenged RIA to a fight. No one in NSO stated that they wished to fight RIA one on one. The leader of RIA, and at least one of its more prominent and active members, did however approach me directly, after several hours of goading in various topics. Delta1212 very clearly stated that he wanted to fight NSO. Penkala stated that RIA had a valid CB but couldn't declare because of our allies. So, I accepted the challenge. I stated that NSO would accept the challenge from RIA and fight alliance versus alliance.

Later, in a private discussion between Delta1212 and myself, I was informed that although Delta stated in the public discussion that he could make the rules for engagement on behalf of RIA, that such was not wholly the case. I confirmed that NSO was willing to accept whatever terms, including full scale nuclear war and spying, and was told that it would have to wait on the vote. I stated that since Delta has such strong influence within his alliance and he felt so confident in issuing the challenge to begin with that since he wanted nukes and spying that I would let my people know to prepare for it.

Imagine my surprise when the vote failed (either at the government or membership level, not sure which, nor do I care).

Imagine my further surprise when the leader of Fark approached me and stated that RIA would not be allowed to take part in the fight and would not be allowed to declare war, even though they issued the challenge. It would seem that RIA has a severe lack of sovereignty to go with what seems to be a lack of spine.

Some will say that RIA has backed out of the challenge because of the current ruckus, but those with any reasonable intelligence will know that isn't the case at all. There was never going to be a declaration from RIA because they failed to back up the public words of their leader and because their "allies" dictate what they can or can not do.

Regardless, I now consider the matter closed. Obviously, there is now a much more elaborate and massive war taking shape and before it is all over the NSO might even find itself fighting on the same side as some of those with which we have had recent issues. Or maybe not.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Goose (our Head of State) has stated in other threads, we responded to the initial threat in public as it was given in public, but beyond that have little interest in this issue. If NSO was to declare war against us for such a ridiculous issue, we were perfectly happy to let them do so and live with the consequences. As they did not, our interest waned, that's about it for CSNs role in this.

Good show

Obviously, there is now a much more elaborate and massive war taking shape and before it is all over the NSO might even find itself fighting on the same side as some of those with which we have had recent issues. Or maybe not.

Im thinking the 1st part.

And with that my 15 minutes of fame is over. :(

He was in command while you were away, no? Either way, you showed the same disrespect for his authority as Fark showed RIA.

Corinan is not a sovereign alliance. Nor is he a sovereign nation leader.

Edited by youwish959

Corinan is not leader of the NSO.

I'd further add to that that uh...he still didn't show the same lack of authority.

Also hail stabby, etc

He was in command while you were away, no? Either way, you showed the same disrespect for his authority as Fark showed RIA.

Ivan actually has the right to countermand Corinan if he wants to. You're not my least favorite OWF poster, but you're certainly one of the worst at arguing.

Fark and RIA are different alliances. Unless one is the leader of the other, it's not the same disrespect. If my ally told me that, we'd definitely be pissed, but hey, up to them.

Edited by Cairna