Insight behind your character?

astronaut jones

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am me. After all, trying to be someone other then me, and then ensuring that I'm always that person, would take up too much time and energy. That being said, however, I do try to modify my behavior depending on the setting I'm in. For example, in private setting I tend to be civil and friendly regardless of the political affiliation or beliefs of the person I'm talking with, whereas in a more public setting I'll just act like an intolerant $@!.

As for why I'm an intolerant $@! in public, well, it's probably because I enjoy playing the part of a Polar partisan, and that role generally requires me to be uncompromising in venues such as this.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

The best for the most as often as possible.

Isn't that just a dictatoship of the majority? I have tried to subscribe to this philosophy many times but my faith in humanity just isn't strong enough.

I play for what I think is right. I think of my character as the synic that sees the motives behind what's going on, but sometimes has to go along with it for what's right in the long-term.

I used to play with the mentality of a rebel. Admittedly it actually makes things more enjoyable when CN politics are polarised and there is someone to denounce. Which is why I hate this new morality that says there is no morality.

Edited by Ch33kY

For the most part my IC and OOC persona's are rather similar. I'm quite laid back with my friends around here and on IRC, but when serious business comes around I go into professional cool and calculating mode with formalities and such. I can tend to come across as condescending and think about everything in a machievellan manner, thinking about what is best for myself and my alliance and how best to manipulate opinions and actions to that end. I often get frustrated by the fact that many seem to not be able to see the larger picture and will rigidly dig their feet in and scream "NO!" to a certain move or policy because of an old grudge or a minor irksome quality despite the fact that the potential gains that could be reaped from said move are great.

I would have to say I am the opposit of my Cn persona. In RL I am very let loose and defient of authority. I am really one to just do what I want to do without thinking about who it will effect and what they will think about it. IC up until just recently I tried to play the other half, be very organized, very respectful, and very optimistic.

My IC self is basically just more quick to be blunt and kind of dickish than my OOC self. Probably the most obvious difference.

100% this. Also I'm funnier in RL then I am here, I do some standup at local colleges. It doesn't convert well to text.

My IC persona: Diplomatic. A Loyal and passionate believer in my alliance. I'm pretty competitive but I want everybody to have fun. A lot of people can't tell when I'm joking or not, so here's a hint: never take anything I'm saying seriously unless I'm being serious. Hope that clears everything up.

IRL: Nihilist misanthrope. Seriously.

Edited by Kzoppistan