Scotland the Brave

Proxian Empire

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would overreact too if a nation thrice my size didn't even attempt to contact me and instead sent troops and attempted to take over my government, economy and political territories. You don't seem to understand the gravity of stripping away the sovereignty of a nation."

"So from this I can assume two things. Firstly you support anarchy, as you clearly underestimate the 'gravity' of anarchy. Secondly, I can presume that you must have spies in Austria and/or Norway, otherwise you would not be aware if they attempted communications with Scotland or not, unless of course you are just making a blind and unjustified assumption, but that really doesn't score you any brownie points either."

"So from this I can assume two things. Firstly you support anarchy, as you clearly underestimate the 'gravity' of anarchy. Secondly, I can presume that you must have spies in Austria and/or Norway, otherwise you would not be aware if they attempted communications with Scotland or not, unless of course you are just making a blind and unjustified assumption, but that really doesn't score you any brownie points either."

I quote..

"Today, citing the recent beleived Scottish descent into anarchy, Norwegian and Austria soldiers have moved into the land to judge if the reports are factual in order to guage the necessity to create a joint protectorate over the nation, as well as all of its oversees territories and protectorates. It is hoped that movements will go well through the land."

Neither Norway nor Austria even knew whether Scotland was in anarchy or not. This entire declaration was based on a rumor, not on any fact at all. Not only was Scotland not in anarchy, but Norway and Austria have admitted they did not know what they were doing.

Indeed at no time was any attempted contact made by the cannibalistic government of Austria nor the government of Norway. As such their claims to our lands were entirely based upon rumour and not upon fact.

We do not appreciate the preaching comments of Finland nor anyone else who seeks to criticise our intentions to retain our sovereignty. We are most confident that should Finland or any of these other more critical governments to have been on the receiving end, they would have responded in a similar fashion.

As we are blockading all trade with Austria, we have no interest in boasts of the greatness of Austrian technology. Scotland has fared well with her traditional allies in Western Europe, and have sought to avoid the instability of the East. Long after Austria and other such nations vanish into the books of history, Scotland will remain on both feet.

"Well, they won't be getting and Schnitzel or Sachertorte from us.

Also, no high-tech equipment and whatnot. We're one of the most advanced nations, and they don't want our stuff. Fun how some people promote stagnation of their nations by overreacting. We did a mistake, so? Everything's fine now, our troops have withdrawn and whatnot."

Great, you're blockading the people you just tried to take over. You're attempting to weaken a nation you basically just tried to invade for all practical purposes. You NEVER ONCE attempted to contact their government when they were obviously doing fine. We wonder how such a 'technologically advanced' warmongering nation managed to misplace its telephone.

Great, you're blockading the people you just tried to take over. You're attempting to weaken a nation you basically just tried to invade for all practical purposes. You NEVER ONCE attempted to contact their government when they were obviously doing fine. We wonder how such a 'technologically advanced' warmongering nation managed to misplace its telephone.

Where in any announcement did they say they were blockading Scotland? Perhaps it is you who has misplaced your telephone, perhaps even telephone lines.

I quote..

"Today, citing the recent beleived Scottish descent into anarchy, Norwegian and Austria soldiers have moved into the land to judge if the reports are factual in order to guage the necessity to create a joint protectorate over the nation, as well as all of its oversees territories and protectorates. It is hoped that movements will go well through the land."

Neither Norway nor Austria even knew whether Scotland was in anarchy or not. This entire declaration was based on a rumor, not on any fact at all. Not only was Scotland not in anarchy, but Norway and Austria have admitted they did not know what they were doing.

A Norwegian Government official had this to respond:

"Yes, from Politiskposten (I don't speak Norwegian, so that is probably botched somehow) report. Well, let us say that they jumped the gun, and overreacted in much the same way you are. The 'Army' they denote, was, by no means an aggressive force. It was an envoy, yes, made of a small group of soldiers, destined to search for members of the Scottish government, much as the article said, should you read into it. The point wasn't invasion, the point was the elusive 'government contact' everyone seems to be raving about. The nation (Scotland) had been silent for nearly a year, no word out. Not one. You can see the concern we found, yes? When we can't tell if the government exists, it is hard to make a phone call to them. Satellite images can't see the productiveness of a government either. The only way we could ever tell if the government was there was to see if they were there, and clearly they are. As far as we are concerned, the mission was a success. Scotland is certainly not anarchic, and our men have gone home. We admit that we may have went in too soon, but there is no undoing the past, and we wish the Scottish well. Their wish to cut off trade has been noted. Sorry for the misunderstanding."

Are Grøenlandian calling Austrians and Norwegians warmongers? At least Austria and Norway were thought they were trying to do some good, what’s Grøenlandia’s excuse for invading other nations with no pretense then annexing their port cities?

"Actually, Scotland already said that they would be cutting of trade with such nations."

"And because Scotland is boycotting our goods, they're not getting anything. when they stop boycotting, they'll be able to purchase civilian technology and whatnot again. They'll also be able to buy Norwegian oil again. I'm sure their people love that cheap and powerful batteries from Austria (only an example) are not in the stores anymore."

"And because Scotland is boycotting our goods, they're not getting anything. when they stop boycotting, they'll be able to purchase civilian technology and whatnot again. They'll also be able to buy Norwegian oil again. I'm sure their people love that cheap and powerful batteries from Austria (only an example) are not in the stores anymore."

Unfortunately for you, I doubt they will be harmed a single bit from not having Austrian or Norwegian supplies or resources.

Unfortunately for you, I doubt they will be harmed a single bit from not having Austrian or Norwegian supplies or resources.

"Well, they won't have an as good standard of living. Who wouldn't want robots that vacuum for you? Aside from Scotland."

Edited by Lynneth

To make up for the loss of technology the Imperial Union will offer it's own civilian technology to Scottish companies and stores.

"We doubt that you have as advanced technology as we, such as the Augmented Reality contact lenses or robotic surgeons. Scotland will feel a loss of quality in life by refusing to use our technology. Only expensive imports from Rebel Army or Viniland, both of which are further away from them than we could keep this life standard the same."

"We doubt that you have as advanced technology as we, such as the Augmented Reality contact lenses or robotic surgeons. Scotland will feel a loss of quality in life by refusing to use our technology. Only expensive imports from Rebel Army or Viniland, both of which are further away from them than we could keep this life standard the same."

Consider that you have declared to not received no contact with Scotland perhaps they haven't obtained any of your so-called 'advanced technology' for their civilian markets. Unless Austria is lying about the supposed anarchy in Scotland...?

Consider that you have declared to not received no contact with Scotland perhaps they haven't obtained any of your so-called 'advanced technology' for their civilian markets. Unless Austria is lying about the supposed anarchy in Scotland...?

"We don't monitor to which countries our retailers sell goods, because that's private business. Besides, it's entirely possible that the companies over there keep working as normal, only without a proper government, isn't it?"