Quite Possibly an Endorsement

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just the vast majority of you, eh?

Cute. But again, I think you're vastly mischaracterizing the entirity of purple by the actions and words of a few. You know, a great way to clear that up would be to just come to PUB and, well, ask. We'll be happy to field any questions you have of us, and hope you'd do the same for ours. Again, the door's always open, you just haven't seemed to care much to even take a look.

Cute. But again, I think you're vastly mischaracterizing the entirity of purple by the actions and words of a few. You know, a great way to clear that up would be to just come to PUB and, well, ask. We'll be happy to field any questions you have of us, and hope you'd do the same for ours. Again, the door's always open, you just haven't seemed to care much to even take a look.

there you go again telling us to do all the work.

why don't you join US in #slcb on coldfront for a frank and open exchange of friendly words?

we're waiting.

also, when a well known person on purple comes to us and tells us that the mere fact that we messaged ppl on purple about our candidate and used the phrase "please vote for michiel de ruyter this month" is considered by that person to be an act of war, how exactly are we supposed to feel like the door is "always open". you speak out of both sides of your face; and you do so very poorly.

Doing the work does not seem to be a problem for you guys, between this thread and the 1200 spam PM's you guys have done alot of work.

Or is it work to establish peace thats the problem? Cuase working for trouble seems right up your alley.

why don't you join US in #slcb on coldfront for a frank and open exchange of friendly words?

we're waiting.

also, when a well known person on purple comes to us and tells us that the mere fact that we messaged ppl on purple about our candidate and used the phrase "please vote for michiel de ruyter this month" is considered by that person to be an act of war, how exactly are we supposed to feel like the door is "always open". you speak out of both sides of your face; and you do so very poorly.

I've been rather busy the past couple days and haven't done much work (OOC: be it alliance or school <_<), but I'll take you up on that offer and stop by tomorrow. See how easy it is?

Well, purple happens to be made up of a lot people. We do try to be of one mind and voice, but that doesn't always happen, we're only human. In any event, we've decided (Haf included, you'll be glad to know), to simply grin and bear it while we message our own members and attempt to gain the senate seat back. You'll find little anomosity, more determination if anything.

Edited by Locke

Doing the work does not seem to be a problem for you guys, between this thread and the 1200 spam PM's you guys have done alot of work.

Or is it work to establish peace thats the problem? Cuase working for trouble seems right up your alley.

Well, actually, no. First of all it was 1900, second of all I made the PM lists. And I just don't do diplomacy well. So therefore no diplomatic time was wasted.

forgive me if i get turned off and lose interest when i try to say "sup" to a bunch of people whose response is "well i'm certainly not making any effort to get to know you, it's all on you. lol good luck. <insert inside joke here> <laugh at newcomer>"

that's a bunch of highschool garbage up with which i shall not put.

More of an optimistic statement than a lie.

An optimistic statement would have been to hope for future good relations not say there were meetings and the meetings were good. Now his credibility is damaged as is that of the stickmen because if the going gets tough the tough lie.

yes because no one ever EVER has to lie to be polite in a public setting, right?

:rolleyes:

His post was more than polite it contained information that was true or false when he could have just posted something vague or polite. If he was telling the truth then lies are being told now, if he was lying his ally outed him and his credibility is damaged and if its common practice you guys cant be trusted at all.

I've been rather busy the past couple days and haven't done much work (OOC: be it alliance or school <_<), but I'll take you up on that offer and stop by tomorrow. See how easy it is?

Well, purple happens to be made up of a lot people. We do try to be of one mind and voice, but that doesn't always happen, we're only human. In any event, we've has decided (Haf included, you'll be glad to know), to simply grin and bear it while we message our own members and attempt to gain the senate seat back. You'll find little anomosity, more determination if anything.

so... "the door is always open, except when it's not, but it might be again once we have a talk in private and decide how best to save face."

got it.

An optimistic statement would have been to hope for future good relations not say there were meetings and the meetings were good. Now his credibility is damaged as is that of the stickmen because if the going gets tough the tough lie.

His post was more than polite it contained information that was true or false when he could have just posted something vague or polite. If he was telling the truth then lies are being told now, if he was lying his ally outed him and his credibility is damaged and if its common practice you guys cant be trusted at all.

Awww, there is nothing like a good bit of spin. Or he believed purple were trying to take jabs at him/us but wanted to get past that and make something (which he did).

But no! He is a big big liar!

Edited by Shovel

I was just looking at the Purple senate results, and between Purple Unity and Stickmen our four candidates have 1,771 votes. Rivalry aside, that's got to be some kind of record. So if nothing else, we're stirring up interest.

OK, back to bickering. :)

Don't kid yourself. Aqua's fourth place is only 24 votes behind your first. We break 2,200 votes with just our top three and 3,000 with our top 5. It's part of the benefit of a free senate, but you wouldn't understand that.

I am sorry, its not like we worked 2 years to make peace in Purple and work out something was fair for everyone involved. Sure you guys deserve a Senate seat after being in Purple few a few months, I mean if I swithced to Orange tomorrow I am sure they would give me a Senate spot right away right?

You know, saying that the day orange ends their limited senate policy is a terrible idea. As of today, if Stickmen can get together the voter support to get a senator on orange, they can have one.

the point you're trying to make is rather vanilla and boring. perhaps you could find something... ANYthing that someone finds interesting?

anyone at all.

Sure, why not? It's not like anyone's ever even tried to think about the past differently to improve future relations or anything.

Don't kid yourself. Aqua's fourth place is only 24 votes behind your first. We break 2,200 votes with just our top three and 3,000 with our top 5. It's part of the benefit of a free senate, but you wouldn't understand that.

You know, saying that the day orange ends their limited senate policy is a terrible idea. As of today, if Stickmen can get together the voter support to get a senator on orange, they can have one.

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_team_stats.asp

team_Aqua.gifAqua 3,672

team_Purple.gifPurple 1,957

I really don't think that a free senate has anything to do with it.

team_Aqua.gifAqua 3,672

It attracts more small alliances since they don't have to use military/political standing as a guideline on who to vote for.

i hereby declare that purple has a free senate as evidenced by our candidate and his heretofore success.

For those not interested in reading the text of the quotes, when we signed PEACE only Poseidon was able to run senators, we've since opened that up to all PEACE members provided they meet some color specific criteria.

My technology has detected that in addition to being tyrants, they are racists as well.

This is much worse then I thought.

It attracts more small alliances since they don't have to use military/political standing as a guideline on who to vote for.

Heh, I fail to see what military or politcal standing should be a stumbling block to inclusion in an econ ODP. Actually, PEACE has rather grown since I joined up with Invicta and started paying attention to the movements of purple. I wouldn't call it the "best" sphere (if there can be such a thing), but it's certainly a good sphere and I'm happy to live on it. And we're perfectly open to change, again, PEACE was given access to the senate rotation because someone asked. If there are other changes you think need to happen in PEACE, you can always join up and propose them. If you had simply set up a Q&A topic on PUB (which you had already gone to the effort of registering on for trade coordination), we could have easily worked out what you wanted and done our best to accomodate you. We simply feel that you had no desire to such, which has only become more apparent in recent months.

but you damn sure wish you could.

Once again, if you made a clear effort to bridge the gap, we wouldn't be in this situation. I have not had a single member of Stickmen stickmen come up and speak to me in The Legion's public IRC channel or by query. Also, perhaps its not just a matter of us making you "do all the work" perhaps we're judging on how well you want to get along with the rest of purple by waiting for you to make the first move. You see we here on purple are reserved and wary of newcomers, and sometimes we like to be approached. However, I heard nothing of you until I saw on my alliance forums that Stickmen had mass spammed my alliance grubbing for senate votes. That's not a very good first impression.

Just to clarify on this matter before someone else inevitably does, he has; he's arexes, forum name kriekfreak.

Thanks, all these different names its hard to keep track of who's who...

Edited by assarax

Once again, if you made a clear effort to bridge the gap, we wouldn't be in this situation. I have not had a single member of Stickmen stickmen come up and speak to me in The Legion's public IRC channel or by query. Also, perhaps its not just a matter of us making you "do all the work" perhaps we're judging on how well you want to get along with the rest of purple by waiting for you to make the first move. You see we here on purple are reserved and wary of newcomers, and sometimes we like to be approached. However, I heard nothing of you until I saw on my alliance forums that Stickmen had mass spammed my alliance grubbing for senate votes. That's not a very good first impression.

Thanks, all these different names its hard to keep track of who's who...

Do you own purple or something? Because that's all I can deduce from what you just said.

Do you own purple or something? Because that's all I can deduce from what you just said.

Hardly, but you have to recognize that PEACE is comprised of all the major powers on purple. So at the very least, it would behoove you to try to get on well with us, seeing as how we make up the majority of the sphere.

team_Aqua.gifAqua 3,672

Percentages, honey. We have significantly far more than the 200 extra extra votes on other candidates we need to beat out your 90% turn out, and we don't consider it unusual.

Bingo. Aqua attracts people because we don't tell them how to run their affairs. They don't have to be part of the cool clique if they don't want to.