New Frontier

Alright. Now that I've finished drafting the rules, I will post the rules for the draft.

We will try to select a time that works for most people when we will gather in a channel I have registered, that channel being #fantasydraft on coldfront. Participants will have voice, observers will not.

We'll use one of the various random number generators to determine an order, and then the draft will have a serpentine order to it.

As has been stated (multiple times in multiple threads), there will be no points. There will be no fantasy "season". This isn't so much a competition as an attempt to dig past the Ivans and the Dilbers of the world to get to the lower rung of leadership capable players. That said, we will be having a poll on these boards about who the general public thinks did the best job of choosing.

Drafters will have to fill out the following government:

Emperor:

Regent:

Foreign Affairs:

Finance:

Internal Affairs:

War:

Recruiting:

Propoganda/Forum Presence:

Extra:

Extra:

The extras can be considered advisors, deputies, whatever.

Any further questions may be directed to my PM box.

Edited by New Frontier

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had you read the aforementioned thread, you'd understand.

There is no fantasy "season". It's simply a draft for fun to actually get down to the second string of good leaders, as opposed to everyone picking Ivan/Dilber/Archon. If we have 10+ people each draft 10 people to fill out a government, you'd get some unique faces.

Had you read the aforementioned thread, you'd understand.

There is no fantasy "season". It's simply a draft for fun to actually get down to the second string of good leaders, as opposed to everyone picking Ivan/Dilber/Archon. If we have 10+ people each draft 10 people to fill out a government, you'd get some unique faces.

A link to that thread in the OP of this one would have been nice.

The OP should have probably ACTUALLY taken the time to plan the structure of said draft, seeing as we already have two fantasy draft threads AND a thread titled CN Fantasy that confuses the hell out of me.

Namely, OP should have listed the number of teams, how the competition would work, etc.

Ex., Anyone picked for a "Leader" of an alliance gets points if his alliance moves up so many places in UE's NS table. Pts for successful wars, diplomatic negotiations. Negative points for losing wars, for scandals, for instability, for drops in membership totals, etc.

Anyone picked in "Recruitment" gets points for increasing the numbers in his alliance, negative pts for losses.

Anyone picked for FA gets points for subjectively good treaties, announcements, negative points for breaking treaties or making potato-like announcements.

War guys get points for winning wars, conducting alliance drills. Lose points for losing wars. Bad tech raids, etc.

Etc etc etc.

Otherwise, people are just chiming in with, "I'll play," and OP is just going to have people start replying in the thread at random intervals picking people for their gov...

The OP should have probably ACTUALLY taken the time to plan the structure of said draft, seeing as we already have two fantasy draft threads AND a thread titled CN Fantasy that confuses the hell out of me.

Namely, OP should have listed the number of teams, how the competition would work, etc.

Ex., Anyone picked for a "Leader" of an alliance gets points if his alliance moves up so many places in UE's NS table. Pts for successful wars, diplomatic negotiations. Negative points for losing wars, for scandals, for instability, for drops in membership totals, etc.

Anyone picked in "Recruitment" gets points for increasing the numbers in his alliance, negative pts for losses.

Anyone picked for FA gets points for subjectively good treaties, announcements, negative points for breaking treaties or making potato-like announcements.

War guys get points for winning wars, conducting alliance drills. Lose points for losing wars. Bad tech raids, etc.

Etc etc etc.

Otherwise, people are just chiming in with, "I'll play," and OP is just going to have people start replying in the thread at random intervals picking people for their gov...

This was Kinda done on a whim, as should be apparent if you were keeping up with said threads. Moreover, hes actually going through the trouble of setting things up, so it'll probably be edited into the OP when its edited.

I've never been an alliance leader but this 'draft' has no rules or even a basic structure so.. I'm in.

Jack echos the point i wanted to make, plus i want to see if Xiphosis will draft me since he was praising my awesomeness just the other day :wub:

Color me in