Another Quantum Legion

Toraoji

LegionFlag.pngquantumflag.png

The Quantum Legion

Preamble:

The Legion and Quantum acknowledge that following principle of Physics, and agree to live by them.

Pauli Exclusion Principle

One of the cornerstones of particle physics, states that no two particles can simultaneously exist in the same quantum state. Therefore, both alliances agree never to partake in actions or behaviors that may endanger the stability of the other or attempt to alter the other alliance in any negative way.

The Law of Conservation of Energy

The Law of Conservation of Energy is perhaps the most universal law of Physics, and states that the total energy of the universe is constant, and thus energy cannot be created or destroyed. In accordance with this, both alliances agree not to try and destroy one another.

Young’s Quantum Interference

Young’s dual slit experiment demonstrated the wave-particle duality of light. Even if the light passes through the slits 1 photon at a time, it will still form an interference pattern as if it “knew” the other slit was there. In the spirit of this experiment, both alliances agree to share any and all information they have that pertains to the other alliance, sharing that information would be detrimental to a separate alliance holding MDP or above with the alliance holding the information.

Newton’s 3rd Law

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and thus no force can ever be created with its matched pair. Because of this both alliance will do there best to match each action (aid request) with an equal and opposite reaction (aid given).

Schrödinger’s Cat

We place a living cat into a steel chamber, along with a device containing a vial of hydrocyanic acid. There is, in the chamber, a very small amount of a radioactive substance. If even a single atom of the substance decays during the test period, a relay mechanism will trip a hammer, which will, in turn, break the vial and kill the cat.

The observer cannot know whether or not an atom of the substance has decayed, and consequently, cannot know whether the vial has been broken, the hydrocyanic acid released, and the cat killed. Since we cannot know, the cat is both dead and alive according to quantum law, in a superposition of states. It is only when we break open the box and learn the condition of the cat that the superposition is lost, and the cat becomes one or the other (dead or alive). This situation is sometimes called quantum indeterminacy or the observer's paradox: the observation or measurement itself affects an outcome, so that the outcome as such does not exist unless the measurement is made. (That is, there is no single outcome unless it is observed.)

Both Legion and Quantum agree to consider all requests from the other for defensive military assistance, yet neither are required to offer such assistance. In this way, the defense is both provided and not provided as a superposition of states at all times until such a request is made and the result can ob observed.

Cancellation

Should circumstances arise that would drive either of the Quantum or Legion to seek the cancellation of this treaty and its obligations, 48 hours prior notice must be given to the other alliance through the respective diplomatic channels.

Signed for The Legion,

Imperial, Imperator

Hubb, Proconsul

Megamind, Minister of Foreign Affairs

totem, Minister of Defense

Iron Wolf, Minister of Internal Affairs

Konkrage, Minister of Economics

Signed for by the Quantum High Council:

Toraoji - Chancellor of Diplomacy

Lmcfalcon12 - Chancellor of War and Defense

Attitude Adjuster - Chancellor of the Interior

Madalchemist - Chancellor of Commerce

BigO82 - Ombudsman

Edited by Toraoji

Some Silly Notes...

Pauli Exclusion Principle

One of the cornerstones of particle physics, states that no two particles can simultaneously exist in the same quantum state. Therefore, both alliances agree never to partake in actions or behaviors that may endanger the stability of the other or attempt to alter the other alliance in any negative way.

Fermions (like electrons) don't like sitting in the same quantum state, I'm fairly sure that bosons are happy together though... Like photons, photons enjoy being snuggled together because photons are warm and fuzzy!

The Law of Conservation of Energy

The Law of Conservation of Energy is perhaps the most universal law of Physics, and states that the total energy of the universe is constant, and thus energy cannot be created or destroyed. In accordance with this, both alliances agree not to try and destroy one another.

Actually the conservation of momentum is far more fundemental. But the total energy of the universe probobly should remain relatively constant.

Young’s Quantum Interference

Young’s dual slit experiment demonstrated the wave-particle duality of light. Even if the light passes through the slits 1 photon at a time, it will still form an interference pattern as if it “knew” the other slit was there. In the spirit of this experiment, both alliances agree to share any and all information they have that pertains to the other alliance, sharing that information would be detrimental to a separate alliance holding MDP or above with the alliance holding the information.

Actually... I think you're thinking about the slit experiment with electrons, not photons. In other words, the wave-particle duality of matter and not light... even though light also has a wave particle duality...

Schrödinger’s Cat

We place a living cat into a steel chamber, along with a device containing a vial of hydrocyanic acid. There is, in the chamber, a very small amount of a radioactive substance. If even a single atom of the substance decays during the test period, a relay mechanism will trip a hammer, which will, in turn, break the vial and kill the cat.

The observer cannot know whether or not an atom of the substance has decayed, and consequently, cannot know whether the vial has been broken, the hydrocyanic acid released, and the cat killed. Since we cannot know, the cat is both dead and alive according to quantum law, in a superposition of states. It is only when we break open the box and learn the condition of the cat that the superposition is lost, and the cat becomes one or the other (dead or alive). This situation is sometimes called quantum indeterminacy or the observer's paradox: the observation or measurement itself affects an outcome, so that the outcome as such does not exist unless the measurement is made. (That is, there is no single outcome unless it is observed.)

I think that uses a spin up or spin down electron as an on/off switch, and then after opening the box you would in theory collapse the cat's wave function (the cat being some sick form of measurement device)... I have been told not to think of this however until I can come up with the wave-function of a cat. I am working on developing this using FEM :P. Try this with a living cat however... and you might just end up with what I have in my avatar O_O.

Overall, cool theory bro, as a physicist I endorse more physics within CN... Even What the !@#$ do we Know physics :P. Good luck to both of you!

Edited by Zarfef

Schrödinger’s Cat

Nonsense. The cat knows whether it is dead or alive, even if we cannot see it. :P

Responses to silly notes :D

Fermions (like electrons) don't like sitting in the same quantum state, I'm fairly sure that bosons are happy together though... Like photons, photons enjoy being snuggled together because photons are warm and fuzzy!

sigh... you mention up/down spin states below. those are different quantum states, and the only way they can pair up.

Actually the conservation of momentum is far more fundemental. But the total energy of the universe probobly should remain relatively constant.

This is really not true. all thing in physics ultimately boil down to being applications of the Conservation of Energy. Conservation of Momentum is a just a tiny piece of the huge puzzle that is conservation of energy.

Actually... I think you're thinking about the slit experiment with electrons, not photons. In other words, the wave-particle duality of matter and not light... even though light also has a wave particle duality...

young's dual slit experiment was with photons, but it has been shown to work with electrons as well. the problem is that electrons require much smaller slits to create interference patterns.

I think that uses a spin up or spin down electron as an on/off switch, and then after opening the box you would in theory collapse the cat's wave function (the cat being some sick form of measurement device)... I have been told not to think of this however until I can come up with the wave-function of a cat. I am working on developing this using FEM :P. Try this with a living cat however... and you might just end up with what I have in my avatar O_O.

you're over thinking it. it's simply a thought experiment to explain state superposition.