Inside the Cult

Schattenmann

CoJannouncementBcopy.png

In the waning light of day, the Temple's Great Hall begins to fill. Mystes of the Cult mingle with guests of the Presbyter as stewards scamper through the colonnade lighting

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

<Schattenmann> I'm trying to write this in CoJ style rather than like a TWiP and I'm just, it's not there

<Fort_Pitt|DT> TWiP had great form

<Fort_Pitt|DT> I wouldn't avoid something that worked

<WickedJ[CSN]> look how many have copied the TWiP format

<Fort_Pitt|DT> look how many have copied it and failed

<Schattenmann> ^

<WickedJ[CSN]> haha

<WickedJ[CSN]> tru dat

<Fort_Pitt|DT> the only way to get the genuine TWiP format is from the writer himself

IC.jpg

host.jpg

Good evening, I'm Schattenmann, your tragically character-cast host, and this is Inside the Cult, the tragically pun-titled newsletter of the Cult of Justitia, Digiterra's most mysterious--and therefore most in need of insiding--affiliation.

It's been some time since our last installment, so take a deep breath as we delve into the events of the Cult since our last broadcast.

Climbing the Mount

Our top story tonight, one of triumph on a micro scale befitting a micro alliance. The Cult has now reached 130,000 NS.

strength-1.jpg

The Cult, though small, continues steady growth through selective admission, and continues to be a strong player in various firefights and an active player in Red Dawn. And there's the lead to our next item.

130 Days Does Not Recognition Garner

While the Cult uses what influence it has to effect Justitia's will where it can, and has outlasted contemporary Red micros Monolith, FIRE, and Crimson Guard, at 130 days of existence the Cult still manages headscratches from otherwise well-informed citizens of Digiterra:

The Red Dawn forum:

disband.jpg

The Cult's first and, at the time, only ally:

justina.jpg

And beloved Gremlin:

Session Start: Tue Sep 29 14:45:08 2009

Session Ident: Inferno[gre]

[14:45] <Schattenmann> Mind temping your iron with me?

[14:45] <Inferno[gre]> hum

[14:45] <Inferno[gre]> wich AA u are?

[14:45] <Schattenmann> Cult of Justitia

[14:46] <Inferno[gre]> u was NPO?

Digiterrans will please mind their complaining as the Cult redoubles its thread output to combat this continued PR problem. Treaty-whore alliances not opposed to allowing the smaller signatory to announce are urged to contact the Cult's Presbyter, Schattenmann, during this period.

Double points for those who noticed that we synched our NS with our days of existence. Unless you noticed because I just pointed it out.

And Now for Something Completely Serious:

The past months have seen some maneuvering on the part of the Cult in matters public and private, and the unwavering support of our ally Nemesis has deeply moved the Cult and its Presbyter:

In the Cult of Justitia's short existence, we have committed ourselves to some foreign policies with tenacity: No protectorate, no outside intervention in the Cult's matters, and limited treaties. In seeking out a way to adhere to these principles while affording for the protection of less-experienced Justitians, I called upon Van Hoo III, a friend I made through one of my first flamefests in this public arena. Our paths through life were not the same, nor even intertwined; our respect was from a distance. I knew Blacky less, but knew him to be good.

I knew, then, that Nemesis was an alliance of principles worthy of the Cult's trust, and an alliance worth allying.

In our short time together, the membership of Nemesis has embraced the Cult and its Presbyter in our times of trial. Yawoo has often warmed our secluded channel, and has always been among the first to offer strong advice, constructive criticism, and to give an encouraging word when it seemed Justitia's cult might stagger and fall.

Where most, if not every, alliance views its optional treaties as fluff, Nemesis' government has been unwaivering in its support of the Cult when raiders threatened the Temple of Justice's sanctity. When Nemesis' NOIR partner MFO stepped on our toes, Nemesis did not quietly pressure the Cult to back off its demands of resitution. When we decided to stand with Crimson Guard and face the very real threat of war, Nemesis sent aid without hesitation.

As we toil to make the Cult into the alliance it will be, it is our friends in Nemesis who cheer us on, even on the slowest day.

The Cult can offer nothing in return to Nemesis by most standards, not mutual protection, tech or money in large sums, political clout, only friendship; therefore I must surmise that all these acts are offered of the same: friendship.

For your friendship, encouragement, and steadfast support, the Cult gives its utmost thanks. May our bond last the ages of Justitia and boats. (Woo for Yawoo!)

Individual Notes:

The Cult congratulates and encourages several members in their individual achievements and endeavours tonight. Though we pledge ". . . I shall place the prosperity of all above my own--I shed selfish ambition and survivalism, offering my nation to service of the Cult . . ." it is the growth of individual rulers within the Cult that drives it.

The Cult congratulates Biff Webster, our newest member and retiring President of the GPA, on his surpassing of the 50k NS benchmark. Biff has also risen to the 52nd-ranked nation on the Red Sphere.

biff.jpg

The Cult recognizes and appreciates the eloquence of its Hierophant Sarah Tintagyl. You may view some of her work in a current tale here: The Akhatova Sisters and in our recruitment thread. Additionally, we encourage one of our newest members Angela Spencer in her forrays into the development of her personage.

And I warn the world to think hard on its direction and shudder to think what I might do about it as the nation of Schloss Eggenberg surpasses 10k NS for the first time ever in its existence since February 2007.

chart-1.jpg

And, of course, we appreciate an older member's patience while getting raided. Hang in there, DJTJ7, money's on the way, or so I'm told.

On this, the 131st day since the Cult of Justitia was formed, I bid you all goodnight and good luck. None of our members are around tonight, so I leave all hailing to genuine fans.

Edited by Schattenmann

It looks okay(I just browsed through a bit of it) <3 I do miss TWiP though.

v4vss3.png

This just in, Schattenmann left wondering how his relationship with trading and Senate partner NPO stands as Cortath, the former IO of Tech, is promoted to Emperor. Loyal viewers will recall that former TWiP host Schattenmann, who now leads a small Red alliance, often lampooned the dedicated Pacifican in his weekly broadcasts. Looks like the joke's on you this week in Pacifica, Schattenham.

Edited by Schattenmann

Good read, as always. Fort Pitt will be happy to have gotten quoted in here. I must comment, however, that your alliance NS doesn't match your age (though I do understand what you were implying). :P

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I only had enough money to get us to 130k even though we're at 131 days. A minor technicality. Within the deepest halls of the Cult where our most secret ceremonies to Justitia are performed, numbers and time lose all rigidity. lsd.gif

v4vss3.png

This just in, Schattenmann left wondering how his relationship with trading and Senate partner NPO stands as Cortath, the former IO of Tech, is promoted to Emperor. Loyal viewers will recall that former TWiP host Schattenmann, who now leads a small Red alliance, often lampooned the dedicated Pacifican in his weekly broadcasts. Looks like the joke's on you this week in Pacifica, Schattenham.

I lol'd. ^_^

Congrats CoJ!

Perhaps I'm losing my edge in my old age but I find myself unable to find something to flame you about.

From one micro alliance to another congrats!

As a micro veteran elite, any suggestions on luring unsuspecting rulers into the Temple? It's hard to get the mind-altering vapors into them out in the open.

Congratulations on your milestone. I like how you are very particular about your treaties, and it's cool that you have succeeded in maintaining that. Also, it's good to see the old-style announcements back again.

Good luck; here's hoping you get to report your next milestone again soon :)