Dispatch from ODN and GR

Style #386

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that, Soccerbum. Two years ago, I might have thought that sweeping these issues under the rug was a smart thing to do, but I don't feel that way now. There's no point in denying that there are still some hurt feelings over ODN left in Polar. It's not my job to decide whether they are warranted or even try to resolve them, but it is my job to present an accurate picture of Polaris to the world at large. In that respect, I have tried to present my personal opinions of ODN as nice people since last summer to balance things out, even though I have no opinion on ODN politically.

Let's make a deal: I'll acknowledge that HellScream probably doesn't represent ODN's majority opinion and focus on the other, friendlier faces in ODN if you can do the same for Polar? :P

By all means do this. Any Polar rude enough to throw insults especially in a thread about our allies ought to be ripped apart for it. I kind of like that our members feel comfortable posting their opinions in public, it feels honest and genuine, that being said if they are rude please bite them back (verbally of course ^_^ ).

Now, finally, I get to the part where I can express my personal opinion on this treaty. GR, I think you're very lucky. Time and again you have found steadfast allies in places Polar did not even think to look, allies that were more than happy to go to their deaths for you. I trust your judgment of character far more than stale grudges left over from last summer. ODN, you guys are fortunate to have found an ally like GR. I won't pretend to know you these days, I have not had any meaningful political interaction with you for over a year now, but any friend of GR is a friend of mine. I hope you get another chance to prove yourselves one day, and when you do you can be sure that I'll be in the front row taking notes. That's because I believe that nice people ought to have more chances to redeem themselves than wicked ones and despite any character flaws present last summer or any latent hurt feelings that might exist, I have always found ODNistas to be extremely nice people.

Thank you Penguin. I have always found you to be one of the most respectful, intelligent and thoughtful posters on the Big Board, and I think that agreement can be looked at.

Edited by joracy

You seem to have forgotten ODN, somewhat speaks volumes. That said its not as though they have any relevance these days. ODN's just doing what ODN needs to do to save its pixels.

Do we need to be saving them from anything specific? If you know of a threat we are surely to be facing any day now, perhaps you can indulge us.

At least NpO never turned their back to an ally(if I'm wrong please correct me) and since noCB war we already show that we changed. While ODN have a history of joining the winning side and not honor the treaties with the losing side. And while I see many of you guys saying that you changed I saw what happened in the last war with ODN choosing who treaties you were going to honor, don't believe me? Ask IRON about what happened in the Karma War and ask if they want a treaty with guys again. I'll wait till next war to see if ODN really changed, until there do not expect to see my opinions change because your past proves that I'm not lying, people do not calling you Optional Defense Network just for fun.

Let's see what Vanguard, tINT, and RnR have to say about our conduct in the last war, shall we?

Yeah NpO already was rolled and when that happened ODN was one of the alliances who turn their back to Polaris. Your point?

I was in ODN and left to fight for NpO back then. Here I am now representing the ODN on a global scale in government. It's been over a year now, and we've very obviously developed new values we should have had before. Drop it.

Edited by Bullshirt

Let's see what Vanguard, tINT, and RnR have to say about our conduct in the last war, shall we?

That's a stupid argument. Of course the allies whose treaties you chose to honor were happy with who you fought for. That doesn't mean it was right to disregard a bunch of other treaties like they never existed.

-Bama

That's a stupid argument. Of course the allies whose treaties you chose to honor were happy with who you fought for. That doesn't mean it was right to disregard a bunch of other treaties like they never existed.

-Bama

I don't think the former Hegemony really appreciates ODN now that it makes for great smear campaigns on an alliance that fought for Karma.

I don't think the former Hegemony really appreciates ODN now that it makes for great smear campaigns on an alliance that fought for Karma.

Right, cause I loved ODN after the WotC when they stabbed the "other" side in the back.

-Bama

Do we need to be saving them from anything specific? If you know of a threat we are surely to be facing any day now, perhaps you can indulge us.

I heard rumors Joracy is about to lead a revolt within ODN that would include nukes being fired. You should totally hit him pre-emptively.

Right, cause I loved ODN after the WotC when they stabbed the "other" side in the back.

-Bama

I wasn't speaking specifically about you, and I didn't need to. Considering almost everyone who was using ODN supported their move, I think there's enough proof.

Well was that an excuse for TPF? Well, time will tell. Karma only needs patience for it to happen.

(Leaves thread)

AUT, come on. You're not still using the "ONE PERSON SAID IT, THAT MEANS ALL OF KARMA MEANS IT, REGARDLESS OF WHO IT IS" are you?

Besides, ODN has no history of forcing people out of the game, or practicing EZI on a mass scale. It's a much, much different situation.

I wasn't speaking specifically about you, and I didn't need to. Considering almost everyone who was using ODN supported their move, I think there's enough proof.

Politically they did, perhaps. When one hears that a huge alliance will not be attacking them, outrage is not the typical emotion displayed (unless you have a particular desire to see that alliance rolled... See "CoC"). But did most people in all political circles lose respect for ODN? Yeah. It's foolish to base opinions of someone's honor on WHO they did/didn't keep their word with. I don't understand why people do that. It's the attitude of "well, they betrayed the other guys, but surely they would NEVER do that to us, amirite?"

-Bama

GR, I'm shocked. The ODN?

Naw, all you people really need to get over things a year or two old at this point. As far as ODN's conduct in the Karma war, they were forced to chose a side and they made a decision full well knowing they would be scrutinized for it. ODN ended up supporting their closest allies and that's that, it was nothing different then the decision every other alliance had to make.

I'm pleased to see such a fine group bound to our friends in GR. Hails all around.

I was in ODN and left to fight for NpO back then. Here I am now representing the ODN on a global scale in government. It's been over a year now, and we've very obviously developed new values we should have had before. Drop it.

Let's see in what side those alliances were?

Let me check...

Wining side!

:rolleyes:

I remember GWIII, I was in CDS and remember how ODN DOW'ed GOONS with us then surrended alone and left CDS fighting alone. Very honorable...

See what ODN used to do even in losing side? -_-

GOONS made it pretty clear from the start that we weren't going to let CDS surrender after they had attacked us twice in two months. It was only after you got an entirely different government that CDS got terms. This wasn't ODN's fault at all. Thanks for linking that though, reading that horribly arrogant OP from the ODN made me fondly remember the beating we gave them.

haha nice

vvvv

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

GOONS made it pretty clear from the start that we weren't going to let CDS surrender after they had attacked us twice in two months. It was only after you got an entirely different government that CDS got terms. This wasn't ODN's fault at all. Thanks for linking that though, reading that horribly arrogant OP from the ODN made me fondly remember the beating we gave them.

haha nice

vvvv

If one of your allies in CnG can't get peace in a war that you started together you think is fine let them alone and surrender? :huh:

You suspended your treaty with NPO just before the war, and then reactivated after all of the declarations were made.

Sod off.

Lol Fail comparison. We had an MDoAP with NPO and they started the war so we weren't obligated to active the treaty. And unlike ODN we gave pretty good reasons for the suspension and for the cancelation. Try again.