MO is looking for treaties

Anyone else remember the days when if you signed a NAP with someone you were actually friends? Rather then a simply we acknowledge your presense...

Either way the best thing you could do is send out diplomats to young alliances and work with them. As you both grow you will find that the experience you shared growing is something that will make you true friends rather then just friends that will be dropped at the first sign of trouble.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO what has already been suggested. Look to your protector for advice first. They know what they are doing, that is why they are protector and not the other way around.

In the future, just ask GATO about it before you post on the OWF for your alliance. That is normally required for some things but I would have a general policy to ask about it first.

Go easy on the guy, no need for those kinda comments.

There's no need for these kinds of threads.

Talk to GATO, especially before you go on the OWF to ask for friends. That's pretty much the opposite of what you'll find here.

There's no need for these kinds of threads.

Talk to GATO, especially before you go on the OWF to ask for friends. That's pretty much the opposite of what you'll find here.

Everyone makes mistakes. [OOC]Song dedicated to you:

[/OOC]<--- Click it. :D

Darn Tags:P

Edited by The Reccesion

I bet RyanGDI will sign a treaty with you if he sees this. Then again, you probably don't want a treaty with RyanGDI. ;)

You wouldn't walk into a room full of strangers and asked who wanted to be your best buddy would you? Nah. Take time and get to know people. ;)

You do know GDI disbanded right? :P

Everyone makes mistakes. [OOC]Song dedicated to you:
[/OOC]<--- Click it. :D

Darn Tags:P

I can promise you leadersofamerica has been around long enough and made plenty of mistakes in his history to know better.

I can promise you leadersofamerica has been around long enough and made plenty of mistakes in his history to know better.

So all of his mistakes have something to do with [OOC]the CN Forums and his forums account was created in July, which is less than two months. I for one am positive he doesn't post new topics everyday and has lead an alliance before. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)[/OOC]

I hate these tag things. :P

Edited by The Reccesion

So all of his mistakes have something to do with [OOC]the CN Forums and his forums account was created in July, which is less than two months. I for one am positive he doesn't post new topics everyday and has lead an alliance before. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)[/OOC]

You're implying he's inexperienced. If so, then why is he leading an alliance? If you don't have experience enough to know how to find allies (for your information, this is not how you find allies. Not good ones at least.), you're not very much suited to be an alliance leader.

You're implying he's inexperienced. If so, then why is he leading an alliance? If you don't have experience enough to know how to find allies (for your information, this is not how you find allies. Not good ones at least.), you're not very much suited to be an alliance leader.

Never said he was experienced, or was inexperienced. I'm just saying instead of criticizing him, why not give him some advice and help him instead of saying things that don't help much, instead of trying to be funny?

No, I do not believe leadersofamerica has been an alliance leader as "leadersofamerica" is a new Ruler on the world, but I do know of alliances he has had run ins with before.

Notice the Quotes ;)

EDIT: clarity

Edited by USMC123

This is probably my fault.

i told LoA exactly what you guys are saying. Make friends, hang out with people, start slow etc. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was just trying to say here that his alliance was interested in making friends and what have you. Still not a bright move.

LOA when you find me on IRC I'll give you a list of chans that are cool to hang out in and meet various types of people.

This is probably my fault.

i told LoA exactly what you guys are saying. Make friends, hang out with people, start slow etc. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was just trying to say here that his alliance was interested in making friends and what have you. Still not a bright move.

LOA when you find me on IRC I'll give you a list of chans that are cool to hang out in and meet various types of people.

you may also want to give him a few pointers on talking with foreign alliances on IRC.

Random, serious advice:

1) Use proper punctuation, capitalization, and grammar. It makes you look more professional.

2) Learn more about nation building. For example, you appear to be tech dealing and yet have 200 tech. Also, if most of your income is coming from tech deals, factories save you so much money that you really should have 5 of those. They're even more important than 5 banks.

Knowing more about nation building allows you to give better advice to your alliance mates, helps your alliance grow better, and makes you again look more professional and knowledgeable.

3) Start hanging out in (ooc) IRC channels (/ooc) of other alliances. Get to know their members, let them get to know you, get to know their gov. If you start out well, you might be able to get yourself a PIAT and build your relationships from there.

I highly suggest going to GATO's allies and trying there for treaties.

4) You're not in compliance with Article V of your protectorate treaty technically. Not sure if GATO cares about the exact wording, so if they don't I apologize but if they do you might want to do that.

5) Use your protection relationship with GATO as a learning opportunity; learn how GATO runs internal/external affairs and ask them any questions relating to running an alliance you may have. You should probably put everything by them honestly if you don't know how to run an alliance just so that they may correct you and ensure that you don't do anything wrong.

Just random tid bits of advice. Hope that helped.

Edited by Jyrinx