Here's how it is...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Reavers ain't men - or they forgot how to be."

Before I begin, I would like to make it clear that this is my personal opinion, and does not reflect any official position currently held by The 57th Overlanders.

I've been in the 'verse for just about a year now, And I've seen some things that would drive anyone into a gorram bughouse. But never in my days of wandering The Black would I ever have expected to see this. Reavers, settling in to the remains of a core world. And not just any core world; The Captain, my Captain comes from that world. And I can't say how he feels about this in particular, but I know I'm gorram pissed about it, and that's just out of loyalty. Anyone who's been around long enough knows the score; If you weren't there for what happened in BC, you've probably heard about it. To me, and I can safely say some of the Ex-BC members would agree, this alliance full of Reavers is not the Browncoats of the past. It's Browncoats 2.0, and I'm sure many find it disrespectful to up and scavenge an alliance who went through more than it's fair share of hell, shuffled off this mortal coil, and was resting in peace. It's technically grave robbing. Now, I ain't sayin' there's not enough room in the 'verse for two Firefly related alliances. What I'm saying is how gorram out of your mind do you have to be to bring back something that for many is a sore spot in their hearts? Oh, that's right. You'd have to be a reaver. You'd have to have no feelings or morals. Or, perhaps, just not care. But you know what? What's done is done. I or anyone who feels different can't stop you from doing this. And we, The 57th, are not suo shee. We aren't going to kick you out of the 'verse just because we don't agree with you, or just because some of us feel that this is a desecration of BC and all she stood for.

Now must of you may just be scanning through the wall of text and wondering ‘Well what’s his gorram point?’

My gorram point is, this is wrong. It’s wrong on a moral and ethical level. And as far as I’m concerned, I will not refer to BC2 as The Browncoats or a reincarnation of the Browncoats, ever.

I will refer to them as what they are: Reavers. Scavengers. And as the quote above makes plainly clear, they were once men. What are they now?

Browncoats was once a symbol of pride for many, despite it’s failings. But now… Well, it’s a carrion house. Stripped and scavenged until nothing recognizable is left. And that’s just wrong.

Signed,

Lord Panda

Staff Sergeant of The 57th Overlanders

"Reavers ain't men - or they forgot how to be."

Before I begin, I would like to make it clear that this is my personal opinion, and does not reflect any official position currently held by The 57th Overlanders.

I've been in the 'verse for just about a year now, And I've seen some things that would drive anyone into a gorram bughouse. But never in my days of wandering The Black would I ever have expected to see this. Reavers, settling in to the remains of a core world. And not just any core world; The Captain, my Captain comes from that world. And I can't say how he feels about this in particular, but I know I'm gorram pissed about it, and that's just out of loyalty. Anyone who's been around long enough knows the score; If you weren't there for what happened in BC, you've probably heard about it. To me, and I can safely say some of the Ex-BC members would agree, this alliance full of Reavers is not the Browncoats of the past. It's Browncoats 2.0, and I'm sure many find it disrespectful to up and scavenge an alliance who went through more than it's fair share of hell, shuffled off this mortal coil, and was resting in peace. It's technically grave robbing. Now, I ain't sayin' there's not enough room in the 'verse for two Firefly related alliances. What I'm saying is how gorram out of your mind do you have to be to bring back something that for many is a sore spot in their hearts? Oh, that's right. You'd have to be a reaver. You'd have to have no feelings or morals. Or, perhaps, just not care. But you know what? What's done is done. I or anyone who feels different can't stop you from doing this. And we, The 57th, are not suo shee. We aren't going to kick you out of the 'verse just because we don't agree with you, or just because some of us feel that this is a desecration of BC and all she stood for.

Now must of you may just be scanning through the wall of text and wondering ‘Well what’s his gorram point?’

My gorram point is, this is wrong. It’s wrong on a moral and ethical level. And as far as I’m concerned, I will not refer to BC2 as The Browncoats or a reincarnation of the Browncoats, ever.

I will refer to them as what they are: Reavers. Scavengers. And as the quote above makes plainly clear, they were once men. What are they now?

Browncoats was once a symbol of pride for many, despite it’s failings. But now… Well, it’s a carrion house. Stripped and scavenged until nothing recognizable is left. And that’s just wrong.

Signed,

Lord Panda

Staff Sergeant of The 57th Overlanders

This was precisely what I was afraid of...ok, yeah he's speaking from his heart, not for his alliance. But it's apparent that there was no dialog between the two groups.

My offices on IRC as well as in other venues are open for talks leading to some sort of reconciliation, if that is possible.

good luck :D

looks like PC already got you though :P

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...yallexact=exact

Well I just want to point one thing out real quick. I had scoped out this target for over a week ago. I was waiting for one of my other raids to expire which it did last night at update. I saw that they had disbanded via the Cyber Wiki and there was no other updated info.

So when I logged on, I raided and offered peace. Later I was directed here and saw this DOE.

Just so you all know, I did not see this first and see an opportunity to raid before the announcement of Protection. I would never see that someone had a protectorate in the works and risk open war for PC.

Hopefully peace will be accepted soon. Thanks.

To me, and I can safely say some of the Ex-BC members would agree, this alliance full of Reavers is not the Browncoats of the past. It's Browncoats 2.0

I was waiting for someone to say something silly like this. Everyone in this new Browncoats so far, was either a founder of the original Browncoats (Asriel), or joined in the first three months of the first Browncoat's conception (Atoms and Straightupbull) or is named Nintenderek (Nintenderek). Three of the four founders were in the Browncoats that your captain was in, and the one you seem to hold so dear. Even I served in that Browncoats for a week or two until there were some government changes. I mean, I don't want to argue with you over this, however what your saying it somewhat silly.

I myself see plenty of room for two Firefly themed alliances. In fact, as MoFA of Browncoats, I would like to personally invite the 57th to send an ambassador over. We would welcome it with open arms. I do hope you accept my invitation, as I would like to work out any problems that anyone has with us.

The Charter was pretty good, although I'm surprised. No econ minster? Interesting.

The Home minister will be taking care of such things. If you need to get in contact of someone in charge of BC's economy, contact him, or you can contact me and I'll get him in touch with you.

I shudder to think of a Nintenderek with a brown background.

Trust me, your not the only one :P

Man aren't we both old and mild now?

yeah, i've lost a step or two it seems, but grudges are just too hard to hold onto, especially when all my anger came from one specific instance. I still regard that as one of my more favorite memories on this god forsaken planet.

good luck BC, don't let the haters keep you down ;)

I was waiting for someone to say something silly like this. Everyone in this new Browncoats so far, was either a founder of the original Browncoats (Asriel), or joined in the first three months of the first Browncoat's conception (Atoms and Straightupbull) or is named Nintenderek (Nintenderek). Three of the four founders were in the Browncoats that your captain was in, and the one you seem to hold so dear. Even I served in that Browncoats for a week or two until there were some government changes. I mean, I don't want to argue with you over this, however what your saying it somewhat silly.

You know, the fact that three of the four founders were in the Original Browncoats is an even further proof that this is a desecration of the original BC.

You guys were in Browncoats; emphasis on were. It does not make the alliance you're in now Browncoats. It really does make it BC2. You guys cannot and will not fill the shoes left behind by the original BC.

I only hope, for your sakes, that you avoid the same mistakes that led BC to it's demise. At the very least, make a good show to prove us detractors wrong.

This was precisely what I was afraid of...ok, yeah he's speaking from his heart, not for his alliance. But it's apparent that there was no dialog between the two groups.

My offices on IRC as well as in other venues are open for talks leading to some sort of reconciliation, if that is possible.

It's been my understanding for over a week that the people that matter in 57th were well aware of the reformation.

Any alliance with nintenderek in Government is clearly set up for failure. Other than that, I wish you good luck and fortune and all that jazz.

I'd rather argue that Nintenderek has managed to simply join alliances that were destined for failure due to the shortcomings/failures of their key gov/founders. Though he's been gov in failed alliances; he's never actually been responsible for or even an important figure in the failure of any alliance he's been in that has failed (GOLD, Purge, Browncoats).

You know, the fact that three of the four founders were in the Original Browncoats is an even further proof that this is a desecration of the original BC.

You guys were in Browncoats; emphasis on were. It does not make the alliance you're in now Browncoats. It really does make it BC2. You guys cannot and will not fill the shoes left behind by the original BC.

I only hope, for your sakes, that you avoid the same mistakes that led BC to it's demise. At the very least, make a good show to prove us detractors wrong.

Frankly, I have the urge to crush you from on high using nothing but your own ignorance on the matters you're discussing.

Edited by Schattenmann

Frankly, I have the urge to crush you from on high using nothing but your own ignorance on the matters you're discussing.

But, I'll simply leave it at this: Your comments read like the replies to your leaders' BC resignation threads. You're welcome to your opinion, but you'd do best to follow their example and keep it to yourself or to 57th's own forums.

Nothing you've said detracts any value from any of my comments. They are all valid, justified, and as you said, my opinion.

If my opinion happens to overlap with any other opinions? Well, I guess that's your problem and not mine.

Next time, when you want to rebut a statement, make sure you actually have something to say instead calling someone ignorant and then proceeding to waste your time spewing mindless drivel.

Also, thanks for editing your post from before to take out that I was using '57th' instead of 'me'. Seeing as, you know, you use 'I' when you speak in the first person.

Nothing you've said detracts any value from any of my comments. They are all valid, justified, and as you said, my opinion.

If my opinion happens to overlap with any other opinions? Well, I guess that's your problem and not mine.

Next time, when you want to rebut a statement, make sure you actually have something to say instead calling someone ignorant and then proceeding to waste your time spewing mindless drivel.

All of my edits and my restraint are designed to keep 57th out of this since out of respect for them, not because the content I removed was inaccurate. I refrain from rocking your world because it doesn't profit Browncoats to do so, and frankly anyone that cares already knows anything I have to say to you.

Also, thanks for editing your post from before to take out that I was using '57th' instead of 'me'. Seeing as, you know, you use 'I' when you speak in the first person.

You stated that your tantrum was your personal stance, not 57th's, then made a policy statement on what 57th would not do (last two sentences of the second paragraph), and signed it with your 57th rank.

Again, I withdraw from further commentary on your opinions out of respect for Browncoats and 57th.

Edited by Schattenmann

All of my edits and my restraint are designed to keep 57th out of this since out of respect for them, not because the content I removed was inaccurate. I refrain from rocking your world because it doesn't profit Browncoats to do so, and frankly anyone that cares already knows anything I have to say to you.

You stated that your tantrum was your personal stance, not 57th's, then made a policy statement on 57th would not do (last two sentences of the second paragraph), and signed it with your 57th rank.

Again, I withdraw from further commentary on your opinions out of respect for Browncoats and 57th.

Really, would you rock my world just like you rocked the original BC when you orchestrated the Bubblegum Crisis? Your apparent 'concern' for BC is laughable, seeing as you are the main reason it fell. You have absolutely no justification in claiming you have respect for BC or the 57th.

You're just as amoral as the people you're defending, Schattenmann, and there is no getting out of this one. Anyone who reads the BC page on the wiki can see that it names you as the traitor.

Care to rebut?

I have to say I was a bit surprised when Asriel came to me stating his wish to reform Browncoats. I did not praise his idea nor did I degrade it. I merely said "Good luck I guess". How does one react when the alliance that brought them up on Planet Bob and taught them the ropes dies only to be brought back for whatever reasons? I can't say that I was enthused as I am of the firm belief that when something dies you let it rest in peace and show it the respect it deserves. I'm also not quite sure of the reasons for Asriel wanting to do this, but if you are looking for that 'feeling' that existed once in BC, it's no longer there nor will you ever recapture it.

I will say that I'm curious as to your choice of Nintenderek being placed into government after his role in the Bubblegum War and his attempts to hide the going-ons from the general membership along with the allies of BC during the farce war.

As for my people posting here, it is to be expected. The 57th houses a sizable portion of ex-BC members, some of which lived the nightmare that was the Bubblegum War. Whether or not they choose to voice elation or disgust is their choice. We were/are Browncoats and for many of us it was our first home. For those not of the Browncoats ilk that wish to voice their opinions, I see no bother in this either. They have opinions in regards to history as well as everyone else does. The only difference is that they weren't there to experience the ups and downs of what BC went through.

I cannot wish luck to Browncoats as I do not agree with this reformation and see it as an act of disrespect. But I will say I hope that you find whatever it is you are looking for, Asriel, and that you aren't disappointed if what you wanted to find is no longer there.