New Declaration

I always have had a high opinion of Invicta... they came and offered protection to a past alliance of mine when we needed it... we were nothing... tiny ... insignificant... BUT Invicta offered to help.

Invicta just scored major points here. I hope people see this and recognise what a great alliance you have.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wonder the same thing. In fact, why doesn't Invicta just declare war on IS?

Maybe IS will think that, since a tech raid isn't a war and therefore shouldn't have repercussions, then aiding a warring alliance doesn't require repercussions. If you use their logic, it might work.

o/ Invicta

I'd imagine its because they value this little thing called diplomacy.

That would be the reason, yes. We'd prefer not to send our cruise missiles into a 30 man alliance if we can avoid it. We just want CG to get what they are owed out of this mess.

The arguments about how sending aid doesn't constitute war is taking me back to the days of LUE. They have entered the war, regardless of what they say, through this action,

Now will PC see it that way... that is the real question.

The arguments about how sending aid doesn't constitute war is taking me back to the days of LUE. They have entered the war, regardless of what they say, through this action,

Look, they are just playing by IS's rules. If a tech raid isn't war, then sending aid to those being raided can't be an act of war either.

I answered your question above.

Yeah, sorry about that, I posted after you did. Anyway, you answered a part of my question. I'm still wondering why Invicta didn't just declare war on IS. I understand that this is better than nothing, but if they supported CG that much, wouldn't a DoW be more appropriate? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning Invicta for not attacking; I think they did what was right. I just feel that a DoW would have been more appropriate.

Look, they are just playing by IS's rules. If a tech raid isn't war, then sending aid to those being raided can't be an act of war either.

Given that both CG and PC have acknowledged that a state a war exists between the two alliances I would say that sending aid to alliance involved in the conflict would be considered an act of war.

Monetary assisstance to a belligerent makes you a belligerent yourself. I would have just declared war if I were you.

If you were me, then you'd know that only the president of Invicta can declare an alliance-wide state of war.

Since you aren;t me, however, I'll forgive you this time :P

Yeah, sorry about that, I posted after you did. Anyway, you answered a part of my question. I'm still wondering why Invicta didn't just declare war on IS. I understand that this is better than nothing, but if they supported CG that much, wouldn't a DoW be more appropriate? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning Invicta for not attacking; I think they did what was right. I just feel that a DoW would have been more appropriate.

Why? Because they aren't taking military action as is customary in a DoW.