Recognition of war

Well, see mine was factually accurate. Yours is just your opinion on the matter. Your opinion which is pretty much wrong. But if you read this far and still can't understand the situation, then I don't think I can help you.

Step out of your cabinet man, the door's obviously blocking your view.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, see mine was factually accurate. Yours is just your opinion on the matter. Your opinion which is pretty much wrong. But if you read this far and still can't understand the situation, then I don't think I can help you.

The way I saw it, from the glances (I'm not reading 24 pages here and 7 pages elsewhere) was more like

1) Rad nation declares on NSO nation

2) NSO nation calls out rad nation's stupidity, asks something like "are you even going to attack?"

3) rad nation attacks

4) NSO counter attacks and declares war on rad.

Either way you slice it, rad kinda $%&@ed up here.

Actually he's completely right. Anthony asked for it, Jason8 declared but didnt attack, Anthony ask for it again so Jason8 attacks. And now this is where we are.

RAD wouldnt be in the wrong to call in their allies, hell if it was Ivan leading RAD he certainly would.

Good luck in the rebuilding RAD.

Step out of your cabinet man, the door's obviously blocking your view.

The RAD nation declaring was a hostile act, it wasn't very hostile, but the intent was there. The NSO nation asking "are you even going to attack" or something similar, I'm not going to go digging through the thread for the logs once more, is only taunting if you had malicious intent to begin with. What you seem to not realize, is that it's also a way out. The RAD nation declared but did not attack, had he, when confronted by the NSO nation and their question, simply said no and offered peace, do you think we'd all be here now?

I don't think we would.

One should know better than to mess with or pull pranks on an alliance run by Ivan Moldavi. Anything that goes on related to NSO, much like when he was in charge of Pacifica, is considered serious business. Not just SRS BSNS. Serious. Business.

Granted, I say this with a mere outsider's perspective.

The way I saw it, from the glances (I'm not reading 24 pages here and 7 pages elsewhere) was more like

1) Rad nation declares on NSO nation

2) NSO nation calls out rad nation's stupidity, asks something like "are you even going to attack?"

3) rad nation attacks

4) NSO counter attacks and declares war on rad.

Either way you slice it, rad kinda $%&@ed up here.

That's about right.

I wonder if anyone has said this yet:

It's all a giant conspiracy. NSO planned the whole thing out just so they could roll RAD.

Well, they aren't even "rolling" RAD as they have already stated multiple times that this war will only last one week, nukes will not be used, and white peace will result.

What is MK's obsession with blitzes? And why would you expect a blitz from an alliance that was attacked with no notice? Are you guys seriously this bored?

Let's do a timeline for you.

1. RAD nation attacks NSO nation

2. NSO decides to counter

3. NSO counter attacks

If you followed that you would see that there was not a planned assault from the NSO. It was a defensive maneuver and therefore a planned all out blitz was not called for. It's called strategy within the confines of reality.

NSO had a choice of when to call this a war and not a diplomatic incident. NSO chose a time when they were horribly prepared, and they still have only filled about 55% of RAD's slots, over 12 hours after their DoW, despite having about 5x RAD's membership count. We're obsessed with blitzes because they work. When else in a war do you have the chance to get so many attacks in on an unprepared enemy? Never.

NSO had a choice of when to call this a war and not a diplomatic incident. NSO chose a time when they were horribly prepared, and they still have only filled about 55% of RAD's slots, over 12 hours after their DoW, despite having about 5x RAD's membership count. We're obsessed with blitzes because they work. When else in a war do you have the chance to get so many attacks in on an unprepared enemy? Never.

When you put together a recognition of hostilities, and then begin attacks in a matter of 5 minutes, you aren't going to have a full out blitz.

For those that are still confused about the reasons for war, I've produced some propaganda a public service announcement. This picture most accurately portrays the situation.

anthonyp.png

Perhaps RAD will heed the lesson they are to learn from this conflict that they have instigated.

+1 for pushing the anti-stagnation button ;)

+2 for tricking the retarded kid into providing you with lulz :awesome:

-3 for ruining a worthy effort with the playing the victim spin )):

overall entertaining, i'm looking forward to the next installment :popcorn:

Well, they aren't even "rolling" RAD as they have already stated multiple times that this war will only last one week, nukes will not be used, and white peace will result.

The tech's cheaper that way :rolleyes:

I don't really understand why it's such good behaviour for an alliance that has a huge numerical and NS advantage to have a non nuclear war. You do almost as much damage to the opposition, and also make much larger gains in land and tech. Yes, it makes perfect sense for NSO (once they've decided to fight this unnecessary war) to pressure RAD into a non-nuclear conflict (just as it did the hegemony for so long) – but out of their own self-interest, not because it's really 'better'.

A week of non-nuclear 1v3 (or more, if RAD actually try to fight back) war is a 'rolling' – unless you're going for the brutality of the 20 day nuclear collection, the back of an alliance is broken in 7 days in many cases, particularly with a large advantage. (The Polar front of the 2008 war was over after one cycle, for example. IRON in the Karma war took more like two cycles, as they had a very strong top tier.)

The timeline really does neither side any favours. RAD screwed up by posting a quasi-Shark Week, NSO by baiting them into declaring a war, RAD for actually biting, and NSO for turning a joke into a full scale war. You can argue about justification and CBs and who did what first, but the truth of the matter is that both sides are acting like little children.

Ivan, you do realize Jason8 is not actually a member of government, correct? So taking that example you like throwing around in hand:

If a random member of NSo declared war on me and then said he knew what he was doing, recognized the consequences of his actions and I'm free to do something about it, my next step is to declare war on your alliance?

I am in support for this. I find that RAD acted stupidly buy actually attacking someone like that who should not have been attacked for that person (Who was "asking for it") was also stupid buy doing that...... In my now current conclusion this is a "War of Stupidity". I still give Ivan the best of luck for I like NSO more then RAD :D

Edited by Ivan III

Ivan, you do realize Jason8 is not actually a member of government, correct? So taking that example you like throwing around in hand:

If a random member of NSo declared war on me and then said he knew what he was doing, recognized the consequences of his actions and I'm free to do something about it, my next step is to declare war on your alliance?

About Waldo:

(RAD Member since 11/29/2008) (Second in Command of RAD) (400t owed by: PeteM)

What was that, Delta1212? Want to say that one more time so that everyone can hear?

Jason8 is/was the face of RAD. I had no idea he wasn't in government until this thread, and as others have already pointed out, everywhere else, in reference to RAD, it still lists him as the leader.

And my guess is the answer to your question would be yes. If that's what you want to do, then you have every right to go ahead and do it.

Jason8 is/was the face of RAD. I had no idea he wasn't in government until this thread, and as others have already pointed out, everywhere else, in reference to RAD, it still lists him as the leader.

And my guess is the answer to your question would be yes. If that's what you want to do, then you have every right to go ahead and do it.

I would describe Hakai as being the person I have always seen as more symbolic of RAD but Jason is certainly a more prominent member and is in fact, as I have concluded in my previous reply, the "second in command".

He hasn't been government for about a week now.

Is it our fault that he hasn't updated his information?

Perhaps RAD should consider removing his nation from within their ranks for provoking a war with his posturing.

I would describe Hakai as being the person I have always seen as more symbolic of RAD but Jason is certainly a more prominent member and is in fact, as I have concluded in my previous reply, the "second in command".

The current Second in Command is Newhotness.

I don't really understand why it's such good behaviour for an alliance that has a huge numerical and NS advantage to have a non nuclear war.

It leaves RAD with the option of taking it nuclear. Unless NSO has intimated that there will be "punishment" for taking it nuclear, which as far as I know they haven't (but I'm out of it, so who knows), then it is certainly in RAD's interest to be given the option to either go nuclear and do as much damage as possible or stay conventional and take as little as possible. It's a decent thing to do regardless of what you think NSO's motives may be.

Surely it is also coincident with NSO's interests right now, but I don't think it's fair to imply that this is a tech raid.

With the extremely limited information I have, it looks like RAD did something stupid in a weak effort at humor and got called on it and are getting a slap on the wrist in response. It sounds great to me and I wish that low-key war were a more common method of settling disputes. Token reparations and all-out nuclear war should not be the only tools in our repertoire of action.