The Moldavi Doctrine

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is, we are planning on entering into a conflict someone else starts (presumably on the opposing side) in the near future? We're good, but we're not clairvoyant (yet).

That was not an implication but a question. Since NSO felt the need to post this stance now, is that indicative of a planned conflict that this declaration will assist with?

"By jove, I will not rest until I can paint this simple announcement of common sense policy on alliance sovereignty as something sinister!"

No, I'm simply asking a question.

Edited by Kzoppistan

No, I'm simply asking a question.

No, you are fishing for an angle that isn't there as you have been doing in all your contributions to this discussion and just as a myriad of others have tried before you. This announcement is not sinister, it is not evil and it is not an announcement that the NSO is going to go marauding across the Cyberverse. It is an announcement that they will defend and assist anyone they deem necessary to defend or assist, treaty or not.

It isn't complex, it isn't even anything outrageous. It is a simple re-assertion of alliance sovereignty that has long been repressed by a rather silly interpretation of what a treaty means.

Thanks for playing, Kzoppistan. Seriously though, it's always nice to have detractors like yourself. Makes us look that much better in comparison. Not that we need any help with looking good, but every little bit helps, you know?

Aw, man, what a way to break my flow. I was totally ready to go some more and was organizing my response. Now I'm not in the mood. :(

Well then I'll just say that it will be interesting to see how the doctrine will impact the future discussions on the nature of sovereign rights.

I like it, You managed to absolutely define the sovereign rights of an alliance in a 6 article doctrine.

This man has the heart and soul of a true bureaucrat.

It is a masterpiece of the treaty writers art.

If it were not for the current unstable political climate it would not be needed, but someone needs to remind us of what sovereignty really is. (and this doctrine defines it wonderfully)

So what do we have to do to opt out of this generous bandwagoning treaty you've signed with the entire world without consulting it?

I kid. I C wat U did thar.

I'll just assume Conebone is the one to talk to. I miss talking to him so its a good excuse contact him and make a penis joke of some sort. I've got some good ones saved up for him. ;P

"Here comes the new boss same as the old boss."

I really hope such mimicry of the NPO's actions doesn't continue.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

But seriously, how is this mimicking NPO? The name? Anything besides that?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

But seriously, how is this mimicking NPO? The name? Anything besides that?

“The New Sith Order shall retain the option, though not the obligation, to declare war in the defense of any alliance that finds itself the victim of foreign aggression.”

“The New Sith Order shall retain the option, though not the obligation, to share intelligence critical to the security of another alliance with it.”

All I’m saying is that while this is very different from the version used by the NPO, these first two articles can easily be abused to gain by NSO even if they are based upon apparently chivalrous values, the fact that this can be used in defence of any alliance means they may also focus almost entirely upon defending alliances within one trade sphere or specific group.

I’m not saying for one second that the NSO will abuse this act but… all I’m saying is that people should watch exactly how this new Moldavi Doctrine is used in the future.