Statement of Friendship

Jorost

Leaving aside the fact that they were allies prior to surrendering, the NPO isn't allied with anybody at the moment - does this mean all of the NPO's future allies should make an announcement now about how much they love them?

They could. What exactly is the problem? I find a statement of friendship more relevant to my interests than a milestone announcement like MK made the other day. Oh well you also put a treaty with ODN in there as well.. so yes, completely pointless announcement there :)

I said my one thing, then I was out of the thread. This is MK coming out en masse to insult NPO. It's low class. You won the war, so now what? You're still going to be pissed off with some little grudge? Lol.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MK has the right to say whatever they like, just as I have every right to make little jokes poking fun at them for doing so. Isn't free speech wonderful?

Chili con carne.

You poke yours, I poke mine, one might think we've got something going here.

They could. What exactly is the problem? I find a statement of friendship more relevant to my interests than a milestone announcement like MK made the other day. Oh well you also put a treaty with ODN in there as well.. so yes, completely pointless announcement there :)

I said my one thing, then I was out of the thread. This is MK coming out en masse to insult NPO. It's low class. You won the war, so now what? You're still going to be pissed off with some little grudge? Lol.

You find this thread more interesting, most of MK doesn't. End of story. Or it would be if people stopped answering and claiming we were insulting/trolling/whining/whaterevering. Or even bringing us up when this thread clearly is about Invicta and NPO. Not MK.

What I don't get is what your problem with our members expressing their opinion is. You find it relevant, we don't, you express your views, so do we, one might think we could call it a day and move on if not for the "OMG MK ARE SUCH NPO HATERS THEY ARE HERE TO INSULT" statements. Did the NPO find it insulting that we think this thread is pointless? Because that must be the easiest alliance-wide insult we ever pulled off if that's the case.

Also, would you prefer we didn't reply whenever you accused us of something? And I'm fairly sure there were more NPO posters in here than the 5-6 MK'ers that posted EN MASSE.

What I don't get is what your problem with our members expressing their opinion is. You find it relevant, we don't, you express your views, so do we, one might think we could call it a day and move on if not for the "OMG MK ARE SUCH NPO HATERS THEY ARE HERE TO INSULT" statements. Did the NPO find it insulting that we think this thread is pointless? Because that must be the easiest alliance-wide insult we ever pulled off if that's the case.

Also, would you prefer we didn't reply whenever you accused us of something? And I'm fairly sure there were more NPO posters in here than the 5-6 MK'ers that posted EN MASSE.

Never did I say you shouldn't post. I'm merely calling to attention the hypocrisy of MK for criticizing NPO for a specific things (signing treaties for strategy, as opposed to friendship) prior to and during the Karma War, and now criticizing NPO after the war for establishing friendships prior to signing treaties.

In my perception, you are hating on NPO - if this is so, this is incredibly low class since you just defeated them in a war. The propaganda is over, unless you are just trying to alienate more independents with your hateful MK ways.

Never did I say you shouldn't post. I'm merely calling to attention the hypocrisy of MK for criticizing NPO for a specific things (signing treaties for strategy, as opposed to friendship) prior to and during the Karma War, and now criticizing NPO after the war for establishing friendships prior to signing treaties.

In my perception, you are hating on NPO - if this is so, this is incredibly low class since you just defeated them in a war. The propaganda is over, unless you are just trying to alienate more independents with your hateful MK ways.

The only thing MK originally "criticized" was the lack of purpose behind this thread. That they have a friendship going, good for them, who said they shouldn't? I don't see why it needs to be flaunted in public though. Is the NPO some sort of retarded kid that needs to be hailed and encouraged every time it manages to get something right?

In my perception, this thread was used as propaganda by the ones who initiated it, else I don't see why everybody is so fond of pointing their finger at us and screaming "HATER!". If this thread hadn't existed, there would be no MK replies to it now would there? Also, I can't see why we'd use propaganda to alienate people, I thought the whole reason behind it was to get people to love you more. If our replies to this thread managed to sway some neutrals against us, it's actually proof that whatever we said WASN'T meant as propaganda.

The only thing MK originally "criticized" was the lack of purpose behind this thread. That they have a friendship going, good for them, who said they shouldn't? I don't see why it needs to be flaunted in public though. Is the NPO some sort of retarded kid that needs to be hailed and encouraged every time it manages to get something right?

Please explain how this attitude cannot be applied to MK's announcement about having a bunch of nukes.

Edited by Sileath

So fearless they surrendered after 7 days.

That first week was the most critical and the war was pretty much already decided by then. They jumped in without regard for their NS and stayed with us even as many of our other allies were trying to bail. Sure they could have fought for longer, but they did their part and now they're still going strong because of it.

Edit:

This thread is not about the Mushroom Kingdom, you guys are straying off topic...

I know it's not what you meant, but this sent highlight bells off in my head :P

Edited by Straylight

Please explain how this attitude cannot be applied to MK's announcement about having a bunch of nukes.

Who said it shouldn't be? If that's what you think, then go right ahead and express it. Note that our nuke announcement was specifically included alongside a treaty with the ODN so we wouldn't have a pointless thread about that alone, regardless of how proud we are of our achievements. I was under the impression that it's standard procedure to announce whenever you sign a treaty with somebody, or were we wrong about that too?

Err, no. I believe that this thread was necessary to clear up the misconception that Invicta has abandoned NPO after the war as many of NPO's allies had done. I believe someone said that before.

I think Invicta was fighting 5 alliances during the war. So I'm not surprised that they surrendered within a week.

In fact, I would like to know why it can't be applied to any "milestone" announcement.

More like acquiring white peace with all 6(?) alliances against us, and even then at the urging of the NPO to peace out. Ironically enough, our target alliance withdrew from the Karma War under practically the same "terms" as us.

I like Umbrella; I really do. But, really, that was a bit low.

:mellow:

Edited by Learz

Err, no. I believe that this thread was necessary to clear up the misconception that Invicta has abandoned NPO after the war as many of NPO's allies had done. I believe someone said that before.

Invicta's actions are what will dictate how the rest of the world will perceive her, not Invicta's word - which is why people express their skepticism and lack of interest in this thread to begin with.

Invicta could have pledged her love and undying support for the NPO in private, and her later actions would have proved it to the world. What they're doing here screams "PR stunt" much in the way somebody running around screaming "I REALLY LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND, SHE IS AMAZING" would scream "attention whore". Or is the NPO the sort of girlfriend that falls for that sort of thing?

Have fun with this, Purple Meatshield Alliance.

Have fun with your life, random reroll.

If NPO is fine with it, and I've yet to hear any complaining from them, I'm fine with it. The only other wronged parties I can think of would be UPN, and we've already apologized to them in full, which I believe Balsamic Vinegar already provided screens of in a sad attempt at sniping at us. :)

I think Invicta was fighting 5 alliances during the war. So I'm not surprised that they surrendered within a week.

In fact, I would like to know why it can't be applied to any "milestone" announcement.

8: Orion, TCB, TAB, FOK, RoK, TOP, TSO, CSN, though it's hard to say some of them were "fighting" since they either couldn't find the slots or just couldn't be bothered to go and find them. Regardless, all 8 had declared on us (with exception of Orion, whom we declared on and FOK, who passed on declaring, claiming LEO as justification for doing so).

Invicta's actions are what will dictate how the rest of the world will perceive her, not Invicta's word - which is why people express their skepticism and lack of interest in this thread to begin with.

Invicta could have pledged her love and undying support for the NPO in private, and her later actions would have proved it to the world. What they're doing here screams "PR stunt" much in the way somebody running around screaming "I REALLY LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND, SHE IS AMAZING" would scream "attention whore". Or is the NPO the sort of girlfriend that falls for that sort of thing?

Is there...something wrong with words? Action will follow, of course, but as of yet their terms restrict us from many actions we could take. :P We already pledged our support in private to NPO, but I fail to see what's wrong with declaring something, even if people percieve it to be useless, here. Surely not everyone reading it will consider it useless, and indeed there are those that have not.

Anyway...for a topic meant to show the love, there sure isn't much love here. :P

Edited by Locke

25 pages late, but... :D

Congratulations to Invicta and NPO on their friendship statement.

Cool announcements Bros

Have fun being friends and liking each other and doing whatever it is you do together...

Thanks guys =)

We appreciate it.

and Uncle Stalin, We bake cookies together, thats what we do.

It was 8 alliances actually.

More interesting is how I said at the beginning of the Karma War that Karma was going to impose reparations reminiscent of Versailles, and every one cried "NO, NO, Karma will never impose anything more than a white peace." I said, We'll see. We all saw.

Secondly, I remember when TOP came in and how they were all about making sure everyone got fair and equitable terms, good to see how that went.

These are all interconnected because in all these cases it was fair weather friends all over the place. I think that part of the reason Invicta is willing to remain friends with the NPO is because we know that they will stick with us no matter what, unlike some other "friends" and alliances that I'll not name, but everyone knows who they are...

The NPO is extremely grateful for those who stood with us and fought, no matter their duration. Indeed alliances asking were encouraged to seek peace. Those forgetful friends who abandoned at the drop of the hat are a different story, though some of whom I've come to understand their reasons, several I even sympathize. But I will make it crystal clear, no ill will has been or will be felt for any alliance's ability to, while standing with us, garner peace no matter the timing, method, or requirements.

In my perception, this thread was used as propaganda by the ones who initiated it, else I don't see why everybody is so fond of pointing their finger at us and screaming "HATER!". If this thread hadn't existed, there would be no MK replies to it now would there? Also, I can't see why we'd use propaganda to alienate people, I thought the whole reason behind it was to get people to love you more. If our replies to this thread managed to sway some neutrals against us, it's actually proof that whatever we said WASN'T meant as propaganda.

Wow, you are calling NPO attention whores(in my understanding)and you are in MK? After Archon's initial Karma thread?

Everyone in CN is an attention whore.