Where is Karma?

Geoffron X

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright everyone, nothing to see here, just someone ignoring proper protocol on these issues. New Pacific Order members are to refrain from posting in this thread, we're handling it on our end now (now that we know about it), so arguing is pointless.

he didn't know about it? [ooc?]hmm...whats that little button right next to the AA? wars in alliance?[/ooc] I wonder how they missed it?

I find the people taking grave personal offence at this thread to be rather hilarious.

1) The OP wasn't as bad as you are making out. 2) It wasn't made by anyone in power at the NPO. 3) The people who ARE in power have said this wasn't the right thing to do. 4) The war is over and you won so stop being so damn tetchy. 5) Private channels SUCK anyway, you should be welcoming this bit of interest like the drama llama starved masses that you are.

Edited by Aimee Mann

The originator of this thread did not speak for the NPO. I am sure no alliance will take the position that every post from every one of their members are an official position of the alliance. We regret that this thread was made as it is well known that private channels is the most effective mechanism for settling disputes.

Yeah that's why I said "people at NPO" and not just "NPO." More a dig at RV's silliness.

By the by, if anyone between 50K and 60K attacks you guys come straight to me :).

I find that the best thing to do in these kinds of situations is to tell one of those eighteen alliances that you're having rogue issues, and they'll deal with it. Somehow this strikes me as pointless.

I'm pretty sure we all know what the point of this was. And, it wasn't to get assistance with defending NPO members from rogue attacks.

I'm pretty sure we all know what the point of this was. And, it wasn't to get assistance with defending NPO members from rogue attacks.

Tyga, you don't think this was a shallow PR play, do you?

Tyga, you don't think this was a shallow PR play, do you?

Well, seeing as his side of the war have had something of a honeymoon period where the peanut gallery rallies around them at any hint of Karma oppression you can't blame him for trying, I guess.

When you start to focus on scoring points off those alliances you surrendered to over focussing on the welfare of your member nations then it is probably time to step back and reassess what you are doing.

As can be seen, it seems to be something he has done as an individual but, yes, it was a shallow PR stunt that blew up in his face.

Will NPO notify everyone whenever a rogue attacks from now on?

To clarify: I'm sure your leaders are more than capable of talking to the alliances who are protecting you about these attacks. This is just another silly attempt to find a reason to baww and call Karma evil/malevolent/careless.

Is it honestly that hard to check the war page every day? I do it for my alliance all the time on Steve. It's not that difficult, trust me!

Is it honestly that hard to check the war page every day? I do it for my alliance all the time on Steve. It's not that difficult, trust me!

That does not alter the fact that asking a member of the leadership of the alliances protecting your alliance about a current rogue attack is a better way of handling things. The alliances protecting NPO may have already been aware of the attacks and assigning nations to defend the NPO so making a song and dance on the [ooc]forum[/ooc] does nothing more than cause aggravation.

That does not alter the fact that asking a member of the leadership of the alliances protecting your alliance about a current rogue attack is a better way of handling things. The alliances protecting NPO may have already been aware of the attacks and assigning nations to defend the NPO so making a song and dance on the [ooc]forum[/ooc] does nothing more than cause aggravation.

The signing alliances offered their protection. Since the NPO is rendered without an army, it is therefore the protecting alliance's obligation to make sure that the NPO doesn't get tech raided. Some of these wars have been going on for days without a reaction from the protectors.

It's the protector's responsibility. If they didn't wish to accept this responsibility, then they shouldn't have signed the treaty.

The signing alliances offered their protection. Since the NPO is rendered without an army, it is therefore the protecting alliance's obligation to make sure that the NPO doesn't get tech raided. Some of these wars have been going on for days without a reaction from the protectors.

It's the protector's responsibility. If they didn't wish to accept this responsibility, then they shouldn't have signed the treaty.

No alliance can prevent another alliance being raided. Your assertion that they can is stupid and probably deliberately so.

If or when a raid occurs the protecting alliances are obliged to assist however, should the protected alliance detect an attack before their protectors do, then they should inform their protectors of the raid via private diplomatic channels rather than shrieking on the [ooc]forum[/ooc]. It may well be that the protectors are aware of the raids and are assigning people to defend the protected nations against the attacks which means the public shrieking is even less helpful for all involved.

When under terms for 5 months, I alerted our protectors to raids many times and not once did they defend our members without us alerting them to the raids that occurred. Rather than shriek all over the [ooc]forum[/ooc] we reported the attacks to the alliances protecting us privately and the issues were dealt with. Much like everyone else has done when under terms involving military decom and the protection of the alliances enforcing the peace terms.

I've not once seen any alliance protecting the NPO refuse to assist with rogue attacks. So you are being intellectually dishonest by saying they are not accepting responsibility because there is no evidence they are not accepting the responsibilities they agreed to take on by signing the terms.

No alliance can prevent another alliance being raided. Your assertion that they can is stupid and probably deliberately so.

I am going to stop you right there. I didn't say that it is their responsibility to prevent raiding, I said it was their responsibility to detect the raids. Appoint a few people out of the thousands in the Karma war to report any raids to a general or whatever, send out a message giving them 24 hours to desist, and if they don't, send a few nations to destroy them. Is it honestly that hard to do?

Edited by Emperor Stranger

I am going to stop you right there. I didn't say that it is their responsibility to prevent raiding, I said it was their responsibility to detect the raids.

No, you said this:

The signing alliances offered their protection. Since the NPO is rendered without an army, it is therefore the protecting alliance's obligation to make sure that the NPO doesn't get tech raided.

Which clearly states you believe the protectors are obliged to make sure the "NPO does not get tech raided". I'm sorry, that is not possible and as I said, just plain stupid.

Appoint a few people out of the thousands in the Karma war to report any raids to a general or whatever, send out a message giving them 24 hours to desist, and if they don't, send a few nations to destroy them. Is it honestly that hard to do?

How do you know they haven't? And, if the protectors do not notice the attacks before the NPO does, should they not alert their protectors to the attacks privately? You know, like everyone else in their position has done in the past?

Edited by Tygaland

No, you said this:

Which clearly states you believe the protectors are obliged to make sure the "NPO does not get tech raided". I'm sorry, that is not possible and as I said, just plain stupid.

Miscommunication. I meant what I said in the second post. If I implied preventing, I am sorry.

How do you know they haven't? And, if the protectors do not notice the attacks before the NPO does, should they not alert their protectors to the attacks privately?

If the protectors take a few days to take notice and take action, obviously they are not doing their jobs. It's the NPO's job to repay the reparations, it's the protector's job to make sure that the NPO doesn't get tech raided, and if they do get raided, it's also the protector's job to to detect it and take care of it. The NPO has the largest reparations to pay off in CyberNations history. It's taking their time and energy to set up these payments. It's not fair that they should have to do your (generalized your) job.

It's your job to keep your end of the bargain. If you can't do that, then the deal gets broken and the NPO doesn't have to uphold their end of the deal.

Miscommunication. I meant what I said in the second post. If I implied preventing, I am sorry.

If the protectors take a few days to take notice and take action, obviously they are not doing their jobs. It's the NPO's job to repay the reparations, it's the protector's job to make sure that the NPO doesn't get tech raided, and if they do get raided, it's also the protector's job to to detect it and take care of it. The NPO has the largest reparations to pay off in CyberNations history. It's taking their time and energy to set up these payments. It's not fair that they should have to do your (generalized your) job.

It's your job to keep your end of the bargain. If you can't do that, then the deal gets broken and the NPO doesn't have to uphold their end of the deal.

I don't know bout you, but I didnt sign on to ghostbust the NPO, and I'm not holding onto an NPO master list for membership.

It's not about busting ghosts, it's about busting tech raiders early on...

When will I learn? Never probably.

I look at a war screen, I see an NPO nation under attack. Is it a ghost? Is it a member? Whos knows? Why the NPO should have a list somewhere.

Do I want to waste my time defending NPO ghosts? nope.