Regarding peace terms with TPF

I believe this is the only war DC was in TPF for, he certainly wasn't part of the past actions that TPF took and never took reps.

He was in the alliance with mhawk that gave MK white peace in the Polaris war.

I have no problem with paying these amounts, even though it will take us a long while, just not to PC.

Once again, people say we are paying for our past "crimes", yet a good portion of PC were the ones committing those "crimes" in TPF. Many of them were upper GOV at TPF, hell, Twisted was the top military officer in TPF. There are probably more ex upper TPF gov from that era in PC than are in TPF from that era at this point.

edit: grammar:

Edited by Vol Navy

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on a related note:

MK offered TPF a white peace in their embassy on our forums. For some reason, after weeks of no response to this most generous offer, our government decided that a white peace was not what TPF was looking for, and clearly Mhawk was hoping to have reparations to !@#$%* and moan about to feed his martyrdom.

As such we had to withdraw the white peace offer and present what you all see today.

I can't speak for DeathCat but I don't think he was referring to the terms in the OP. He was referring to the lack of quality of many posts on the first several pages.

Ah, when someone posts without quoting any pervious post it is generally taken that he is referring to the OP.

I only refer to the terms because he said that is what made him quit. :P The first line of his original post.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people think the Cyberverse has been on a downward spiral for some time but such stupidity only remains when those in power desire it to remain.

Except that he cited the terms as the reason or an example of the reason which led him to decide to leave the Cyberverse. I have no personal issues with deathcat, I just found the timing and tone of his post to be a little off.

I can't speak for DeathCat but I don't think he was referring to the terms in the OP. He was referring to the lack of quality of many posts on the first several pages.

I think

I'm 99% sure Deathcat was already planning to quit. I think by "this" he meant the general mentality.

-Bama

Consider that post my pent up frustration being released :P

So on a related note:

MK offered TPF a white peace in their embassy on our forums. For some reason, after weeks of no response to this most generous offer, our government decided that a white peace was not what TPF was looking for, and clearly Mhawk was hoping to have reparations to !@#$%* and moan about to feed his martyrdom.

As such we had to withdraw the white peace offer and present what you all see today.

We have an embassy? I didn't even know we had an ambassador at this point. Also, pics or it didn't happen.

We have an embassy? I didn't even know we had an ambassador at this point. Also, pics or it didn't happen.

I'm sure your ambassador will be able to provide all relevant pics for you. I assure you your embassy is still open.

I re-opened all Hegemony Embassies before I stepped down from LHE which was about 2 months ago. You guys were notified and I believe mhawk even visited from time to time.

I only refer to the terms because he said that is what made him quit. :P The first line of his original post.
And THIS is why I'm leaving Bob.. Not mhawk's refusal... just the immaturity that has become the staple of Bob-oltics.

Where in that statement does it say "I am leaving because I have given out harsh terms in the past but now I am on the other side of it and I don't like it so I am quitting" ????

I'm pretty sure a lot of people think the Cyberverse has been on a downward spiral for some time but such stupidity only remains when those in power desire it to remain.
I came here of my own free will..but only knowing that mhawk was going to lead TPF and that the changes he was trying to bring would be for the better. None of us had any illusions that it wouldn't be a hard road ahead to change perceptions.. but we came anyways

Sounds to me like he is saying he came to TPF because he "knew" MHawk was going to make a change in the way things were handled, and knowing that it would be hard to convince the outside world of this. Yeah this is clearly a pure old school member of the "Hegemony" who is trying to perpetuate the status quo at the time talking right there.

Anyone saying that PC hasn't "earned" the reps hasn't paid attention to PC's losses in this war.

TPF has been engaged with at least 17 alliances in this overall war. TPF was not PC's only war...

So at the end of the day, TPF doesn't want to pay reparations to PC and therefore, any mention of such immediately makes any treaty non-negotiable.

Assuming that this point was made clear by mhawk previously, I honestly don't see a need for this thread. The war continues.

Who cares if PC is interested? At this point they are off tech raiding and waiting for the combined efforts of those fighting TPF to earn them an oversized amount of tech compared to the damage they have taken. Seriously, why would it matter if PC wanted it? OF COURSE THEY DONT WANT IT. They have nothing to gain from it. My question though is what do the other alliances have to gain from PC holding up the process with their oversized amount of tech requested?

Well according to posts in this thread, I'd say MK cares.

My feeling is that if an alliance enters a war because of a treaty, then their terms should be adjusted accordingly.

As Azahul put it, "An MADP is not a get out of jail free card." When you stake your entire foreign policy on an alliance, you shouldn't expect to get treated nicely because you 'had to' fight with them.

So at the end of the day, TPF doesn't want to pay reparations to PC and therefore, any mention of such immediately makes any treaty non-negotiable.

Assuming that this point was made clear by mhawk previously, I honestly don't see a need for this thread. The war continues.

I thought the need for this thread, at least if the OP of any thread sets its "need," was to say hey, we offered TPF wonderful terms, and they're a bunch of crazies for not snapping it up.

All this stuff about PC vs. TPF is actually interesting, though.

Well according to posts in this thread, I'd say MK cares.

They care about maintaining the appearance of a solid front in order to get TPF to just go ahead with this because everyone just wants it done. I remember alot of posts awhile back talking about Karma solidarity too. Things change and sometimes they change rather quickly when a good idea is presented.

Holy crap TPF.

Your seriously rejecting these terms after everything that has happened? Really?

Did you even bother to look at what NPO has to pay?

NPO gets the record for harshest terms of the war and TPF is going to get the award for stupidest rejection of light terms for the war.

Also. LOL at NPO talking about really wanting peace and minimum surrender length requirements.

You guys should be careful in defining our terms as 'fair', unless you want to establish a new precedent for when you all turn on each other.
QUOTE (TheNeverender @ Apr 21 2009, 09:35 PM) post_snapback.gifWe will fight this war with no joy, and we will fight it with honor and dignity. We will not impose draconian terms...

Karma is doing it's best imitation of what they claimed to have fought and imposing the same kind of terms and acting the same "Elitist" way NPO and TPF is being punished for...Karma doesn't desire peace they desire the complete humiliation of the brave warriors who fought to protect their allies and their destruction whether through continued war or the slow drain of these NPO style Draconian terms...WWII was fueled by WWI Draconian peace terms and so will the next war to envelope CN... :blink:

Where in that statement does it say "I am leaving because I have given out harsh terms in the past but now I am on the other side of it and I don't like it so I am quitting" ????

With nothing else quoted, the "THIS" was taken to mean the OP, which mentioned the terms offered to TPF. ;)

Sounds to me like he is saying he came to TPF because he "knew" MHawk was going to make a change in the way things were handled, and knowing that it would be hard to convince the outside world of this. Yeah this is clearly a pure old school member of the "Hegemony" who is trying to perpetuate the status quo at the time talking right there.

No one said he was an old school member of the Hegemony. His alliance, on the other hand, is.

Karma is doing it's best imitation of what they claimed to have fought and imposing the same kind of terms and acting the same "Elitist" way NPO and TPF is being punished for...Karma doesn't desire peace they desire the complete humiliation of the brave warriors who fought to protect their allies and their destruction whether through continued war or the slow drain of these NPO style Draconian terms...WWII was fueled by WWI Draconian peace terms and so will the next war to envelope CN... :blink:

Please explain to me how the terms offered here are draconian when they can be paid easily within 2-3 months just by the few peace mode nations on your front page, let alone any nations that you rebuild (since you have no restrictions at all on outside aid).

This "You're as bad as what you're trying to get rid of" spiel got old months ago. It's not any truer now than it was then.

Please explain to me how the terms offered here are draconian when they can be paid easily within 2-3 months just by the few peace mode nations on your front page, let alone any nations that you rebuild (since you have no restrictions at all on outside aid).

This "You're as bad as what you're trying to get rid of" spiel got old months ago. It's not any truer now than it was then.

I think he is stuck in a time warp from a few months back.

Again.. I am not here to stomp.. I make friends.. enjoy my time here at the BBQ Pit.. Nothing more..

The reason to leave.. is asshats like yourself who have no ability to show empathy but revel and delight in your immature spouting and vengeful spite.. nothing more..

my choice to leave came well before the war.. I stayed to help rebuild TPF post-war and to support my friends and allies... something I am not alone in choosing..

oo/

It's a game dude. There is always going to be spite, immaturity, and no ability to show empathy. It's a freaking political simulator. I am tired of people like yourself and your alliance fishing for sympathy. You have shown none in your alliances entire existence so excuse me if I don't go make you dinner, and let you sleep with my wife.

^_^ Congradulations on sticking to your guns TPF, I am glade to see your not going to be pushed around even if it means longer war. While I do not stand by your reasons for the war, I do stand by you. Should you ever acheive peace, Money is ready and waiting, just make sure you keeep rolling that hard six.

It's funny all the "They deserve so much more!" "Your lucky your getting off this easy!" comments, didn't FAN teach us that if you fight for what you believe the enemy will give out long before you do. Just look FAN is free and NPO got what was comming to them, I am sure the same will be with TPF as it was with FAN.

FREE TPF!!!

^_^ Congradulations on sticking to your guns TPF, I am glade to see your not going to be pushed around even if it means longer war. While I do not stand by your reasons for the war, I do stand by you. Should you ever acheive peace, Money is ready and waiting, just make sure you keeep rolling that hard six.

It's funny all the "They deserve so much more!" "Your lucky your getting off this easy!" comments, didn't FAN teach us that if you fight for what you believe the enemy will give out long before you do. Just look FAN is free and NPO got what was comming to them, I am sure the same will be with TPF as it was with FAN.

FREE TPF!!!

They're being pushed around by being offered reasonable terms?