Imperial Assault Alliance Announcement

You said it best, Junk

Although some of the enemy may mock and cajole us, every Imperial sets aside their stormtrooper helmets with pride in their hearts, for with honor and chivalry they have walked through shadow of the valley of death, and no fear touches them, and no dishonor stains them, and they walk, be they living or dead, as gods amongst nations.

The IAA originated from a fleet sent on a mission from coruscant itself, the Imperial Assault and Recon Force toiled for many years through unkown space, fighting off untold legions of Yuuzhan Vong, until our crippled fleet arrived on Planet Bob to form a new, bright, civilized Empire.

Much was lost in this conflict, millions of Imperial citizens slaughtered, millions more loyal soldiers dead in honorable battle in defense of the Empire, strength reduced to a tiny fraction...

And although this Imperial Colony is destroyed, the Empire forever lives on, and perhaps when they discover this planet and learn our story through long crushed rubble and forest covered cities, they will learn what happened and grieve.

Forever Empire,

o/ IAA

This post has been edited by Junkalunka: May 28 2008, 08:53 PM

"And although this Imperial Colony is destroyed, the Empire forever lives on..."

Also, via your own words:

How would you know if you were not a member?

A number of options were voted on and placed on the table, and Disbandment was selected with a majority vote.

Perhaps you should reconsider you previous statements. Doesn't sound like you disbanded the alliance--as an aside, you don't sound quite so noble here.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. IAA's horrible foreign policy? You mean the foreign policy of honoring our treaties to the very last letter? Are you mad? That is IAA's biggest saving grace. BECAUSE we are willing to die for our allies regardless of what they did, BECAUSE we are willing to march our armies into the lowest pits of hell for each other, and BECAUSE we aim for the honorable path IAA was able to reform without a hitch and become stronger than ever before.

What are you babbling about? I was not talking about defending treaties, I was talking about the treaties themselves and the conduct and attitude of the alliance in regards to diplomacy. Just during the time I was there... a few months... IAA exhibited a number of poor decisions, including unnecessary treaties with alliances at odds with the hegemony (such as Freebooting Pirates Insurgency), antagonism and rivalry with NPO, valhalla and others, acceptance of hated leaders like starfox, and poorly worded statements such as Chimaera calling Kevanovia an "honorary Imperial" after he went rogue.

A big chunk of these decisions motivated more by teenage hormones than calculated logic. All of these poor decisions resulting in humiliation, weakness, and an inability to accomplish our FA goals.

Just imagine all that stuff that happened in a few months expanded over two years of history. Is it any wonder NPO hated IAA so bad? That is what I desperately wanted to fix, being someone focused on IC politics.

2. You tied your reputation to a plan for IAA's future. Sounds dandy. Then why the bloody hell are you a leader? You seem to fail to realize that the LEADER is the one who is supposed to epitomize the qualities the alliance/community exudes, the LEADER is the one that is supposed to take the fall.

I guess we have different definitions of what a leader is supposed to do.

You sir, are no leader. You are simply a ball of hubris wrapped in flesh who wishes to be called one. I spit on your name.

I feel more tears than spit.

3. What the HELL is the point of IC advancement of an alliance if there is no community to back it up?

<snip>

The IAA already had a strong community, I sought to improve it's IC state of affairs. You cannot seriously be stating that there was no community when I was Regent and Emperor?

Let me spin that around: What is the point of making an alliance out of a community if it lacks officers who are dedicated to IC advancement?

Edited by Count da Silva

OOC: I am not doing my usual blue text this one time, seeing as it's a wall of text, and I actually want it to be read by at least a few people. Take that as a compliment, because blue text, is my thing.

A man with greying hair walks into the room. He is an old leader, one who is not well known, but has fought his fair share of wars, and times of peace. Wearing his traditional, but old and tattered Brown Coat, he reaches down with a shaky hand to a small flask, and takes a small sip. This old man appears small, and has a quiet voice, few people can hear his message, and that, to him, is a good thing. He is the leader of the nation of Surda, a founder of Browncoats, Hegemony of Periphery States, and a now-loyal member of the Imperial Assault Alliance.

I know that my foreign advisor has taken it upon himself to speak out loudly against many things in this meeting of national leaders. I am here to say that he was wrong for doing so, and that all who are speaking out are just as wrong as he is.

Asriel takes a small handkerchief and wipes his brow, then continues...

You are all trying to defend your various stances, and that is understandable, and I would normally say that it is right, as I am a man of principle myself. I believe that standing up for what you believe is a most noble deed, and one that you should do at any time you can. Though, I also feel that there is a time and a place to voice your opinion and stance.

Asriel waits once more, taking a small drink out of his flask again before continuing...

This meeting of various national leaders is a celebration. A celebration of the three year anniversary of an alliance called the Imperial Assault Alliance. Just as many people celebrated the three year anniversary of the National Alliance of Arctic Countries earlier this year, even though it was defunct, so, too, can people celebrate the formation of the Imperial Assault Alliance, the first Empire.

It is times like these that you should bring out the rum, strike up a tune with the local cantina band, and get drunk until you pass out.

Instead, you choose to fight.

Asriel stands rigid, with a serious look on his face, looking suddenly more energized and well

You choose to fight instead of celebrate. Well, to you all who fight, I say go ahead and fight. Give eachother bloody noses. But when you are all done, and have tissues up your noses, know that I will have emptied the several barrels of rum I brought with me here today.

He points to a small back-room where what looks to be at least thirty barrels are contained with a few chairs beside them all with glasses cleaned and ready to be used.

If anyone would like to stop this foolish bickering, and join me, I will be in that room, drinking myself silly and dancing like no one's watching.

If you wish to continue fighting, take it out of this meeting hall, to the outdoors (ooc: PMs), and fight like real men.

Asriel steps back and then says one more thing

Hail to the first Empire, hail to my current Empire. Ah hell, hail to any and all alliances that are willing to drink with me. Bring your own women though, because I have my own and you aren't getting any. If you are a woman, feel free to bring your own man. We don't mind. Just know that you're getting into a party with rum in it.

Asriel suddenly looks lively and walks happily into the room with the rum and music, looking back with an inviting smile to any and all who wish to join him in his celebrations.

What are you babbling about? I was not talking about defending treaties, I was talking about the treaties themselves and the conduct and attitude of the alliance in regards to diplomacy. Just during the time I was there... a few months... IAA exhibited a number of poor decisions, including unnecessary treaties with alliances at odds with the hegemony (such as Freebooting Pirates Insurgency), antagonism and rivalry with NPO, valhalla and others, acceptance of hated leaders like starfox, and poorly worded statements such as Chimaera calling Kevanovia an "honorary Imperial" after he went rogue.

A big chunk of these decisions motivated more by teenage hormones than calculated logic. All of these poor decisions resulting in humiliation, weakness, and an inability to accomplish our FA goals.

Just imagine all that stuff that happened in a few months expanded over two years of history. Is it any wonder NPO hated IAA so bad? That is what I desperately wanted to fix, being someone focused on IC politics.

I don't know about you, but I don't want a treaty with someone who's signing it because of calculated logic in order to advance themselves and achieve their goals. I want a treaty with someone who's actually my friend, someone who will actually come through for me when the chips are down. Surely even a cold logician such as yourself can see the value in having allies who care enough to defend you. As to Starfox... Who wants to be in an alliance that won't accept people because they're unpopular with the big boys? If you felt that he would deliberately cause trouble, that's one thing. But turning someone away because they're not liked by the powers that be... That's just not good leadership. I don't know anything about the Kevanovia incident so I won't comment on it.

As usual, by simplifying everything, you miss the big picture. Chimaera isn't motivated by "teenage hormones", but by what he thinks is the right thing to do. Not the politically expident thing, not the thing that'll get him in the good graces of whatever world order exists at the time, but the right thing. Having served under him in the Unknown Regions (OOC: other game), I can tell you that he's a much smarter and more logical man than you give him credit for. He can do the politics very, very well when he has to. But the primary motivation for him is what he thinks is right.

-Bama

...and poorly worded statements such as Chimaera calling Kevanovia an "honorary Imperial" after he went rogue.

I wasn't aware that honoring a treaty is considered going "rogue".

I don't know anything about the Kevanovia incident so I won't comment on it.

When CIS attacked FPI without a CB (or at least a valid one), IAA had an ODP with FPI. Junkalunka was against (as were many other people) defending FPI. I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to treaties and was outraged that we wouldn't help defend our allies. Granted we didn't have a MDP with them but why even sign an ODP with them if we were never going to help them out in the first place. If there was a time to use the "optional" part, the CIS-FPI war was the time to do it. (The CB went along the lines that CIS suspected that FPI was a reformation of \m/.) Since NpO joined CIS in their war due to the CIS-NpO MADP(?), IAA didn't want to get rolled by NpO and therefore stayed out. So since IAA wasn't going to honor the treaty, I did. I left IAA and fought on behalf of FPI....but then of course FPI pulled some crap moves (such as posting a declaration of support for GOONS) <_< Regardless, Junka and others didn't know that at the time but still refused to assist FPI. Chim then made an announcement later on that IAA was staying neutral in the war and that I was an honorary IAAer and people who didn't understand the situation or people who were looking to cause trouble kept attacking Chim by saying "If Kevanovia is an honorary member then IAA throws its' support towards FPI and would therefore be at war".

Obviously my quarrel wasn't with Chim or IAA as a whole but rather with Junkalunka and others who supported him. (Whom I've made my peace with :P ) As such Junka or Count de Silva, uses the moment I "went rogue" as an example of Chimaera's "poor leadership abilities". My only question to Count de Silva is if Chimaera is such a bad leader then how come there are so many nations willing to have all of their infrastructure leveled and all of their tech raided and are willing to completely reroll their nations and follow him under the ol' IAA banner? If you could explain that, then either you take Walford's place as the "Jesus of CN" or you're just blowing smoke up our pipes.

As usual, by simplifying everything, you miss the big picture. Chimaera isn't motivated by "teenage hormones", but by what he thinks is the right thing to do. Not the politically expident thing, not the thing that'll get him in the good graces of whatever world order exists at the time, but the right thing. Having served under him in the Unknown Regions (OOC: other game), I can tell you that he's a much smarter and more logical man than you give him credit for. He can do the politics very, very well when he has to. But the primary motivation for him is what he thinks is right.

-Bama

This is high praise, my dear friend. I will try to be worthy of it. :)

Not to tell you how to do your job, but shouldn't you be telling him to unleash his anger or something of the sort? ^_^

This isn't the time nor the place to do so. We Sith prefer calculated aggression rather than lashing out at anyone and everyone. Some haven't quite grasped this yet. I'm confident they will in time.

My apologies for mucking up your celebration.

When CIS attacked FPI without a CB (or at least a valid one), IAA had an ODP with FPI. Junkalunka was against (as were many other people) defending FPI. I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to treaties and was outraged that we wouldn't help defend our allies. Granted we didn't have a MDP with them but why even sign an ODP with them if we were never going to help them out in the first place. If there was a time to use the "optional" part, the CIS-FPI war was the time to do it. (The CB went along the lines that CIS suspected that FPI was a reformation of \m/.) Since NpO joined CIS in their war due to the CIS-NpO MADP(?), IAA didn't want to get rolled by NpO and therefore stayed out. So since IAA wasn't going to honor the treaty, I did. I left IAA and fought on behalf of FPI....but then of course FPI pulled some crap moves (such as posting a declaration of support for GOONS) <_< Regardless, Junka and others didn't know that at the time but still refused to assist FPI.

It was not your place to "honor" that treaty. The treaty was a pact between the IAA and FPI, not your nation and FPI. It was furthermore merely a friendship treaty with an optional defense clause. I never liked FPI anyway (I never liked \m/), our alliances were never close, and I placed our membership high above a bunch of lowlife \m/ rerolls. It was a terrible treaty that only got us distanced us from Polar. Probably one of the worst treaties we ever had.

Even then, as Regent I did not rule out military action... I stated our position was a wait and see, because I predicted they would be asshats about it (It's called thinking two steps ahead). Within the first couple days FPI was trolling us and began using nuclear weapons and declared support for GOONS without our consultation. At that point we cut them loose and I packaged the thread strongly to justify it. Even you admitted I was right afterwards, kevanovia. Thread is here.

Chim then made an announcement later on that IAA was staying neutral in the war and that I was an honorary IAAer and people who didn't understand the situation or people who were looking to cause trouble kept attacking Chim by saying "If Kevanovia is an honorary member then IAA throws its' support towards FPI and would therefore be at war".

I winced when Chim said that. It was terrible judgment, the statement itself was harmless but people took advantage of it. Thats when I scolded Chim and told him to allow me to handle our FA since I am Regent. He flipped out and threw tantrums in our public channel while I was busy trying to repair the damage from both the FPI treaty and Chim's statement. Then I had to repair the damage to our image of stability caused by that, and had to quickly manufacture a new charter so I could make an announcement that gave the appearance of me taking power. That was one of my worst weeks as a government officer anywhere.

Obviously my quarrel wasn't with Chim or IAA as a whole but rather with Junkalunka and others who supported him. (Whom I've made my peace with :P ) As such Junka or Count de Silva, uses the moment I "went rogue" as an example of Chimaera's "poor leadership abilities". My only question to Count de Silva is if Chimaera is such a bad leader then how come there are so many nations willing to have all of their infrastructure leveled and all of their tech raided and are willing to completely reroll their nations and follow him under the ol' IAA banner? If you could explain that, then either you take Walford's place as the "Jesus of CN" or you're just blowing smoke up our pipes.

As I stated before, he is a great community leader, popular with the masses, but a rather incompetent politician and strategist. Perhaps it is his sense of right and looking after friends that results in both. He is a smart individual but would have been better off if he was more like a symbolic Head of State managing the alliance internally, than a president who deals with foreign affairs.

Count da Silva, I have read through some of your post on this page, as well as some I have seen in other topics. My best advice for you is to shut your little $%&@in troll mouth. You think you're still Emperor of IAA? Fine, then actually try to take that position back if you think it is rightfully yours, we'll see how far you get. You have stated several times that "Count da Silva" is not a reincarnation of "Junkalunka", so even IF you were rightful Emperor, that wouldn't matter now, because you're not Junkalunka anymore. So, until you actually grow a **** and actually attempt the !@#$ that you have been trolling us about for who knows how long, you might as well shut up, because you look like one of the biggest idiots on CN with all of your posts to satisfy your giant ego.

I may be new to IAA, but damnit man. If you were really disconnected to your Junka character, then you would not be effing posting in our threads. No one gives a crap if you "need" to "correct" the history or any of that crap. Just leave it alone. You're not IAA, you're not Junkalunka anymore, you're not affiliated with IAA, you're not anything to IAA anymore. Just, leave it alone. Friggen eh.

Also HAIL IAA. o/

When CIS attacked FPI without a CB (or at least a valid one), IAA had an ODP with FPI. Junkalunka was against (as were many other people) defending FPI. I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to treaties and was outraged that we wouldn't help defend our allies. Granted we didn't have a MDP with them but why even sign an ODP with them if we were never going to help them out in the first place. If there was a time to use the "optional" part, the CIS-FPI war was the time to do it. (The CB went along the lines that CIS suspected that FPI was a reformation of \m/.) Since NpO joined CIS in their war due to the CIS-NpO MADP(?), IAA didn't want to get rolled by NpO and therefore stayed out. So since IAA wasn't going to honor the treaty, I did. I left IAA and fought on behalf of FPI....but then of course FPI pulled some crap moves (such as posting a declaration of support for GOONS) <_< Regardless, Junka and others didn't know that at the time but still refused to assist FPI. Chim then made an announcement later on that IAA was staying neutral in the war and that I was an honorary IAAer and people who didn't understand the situation or people who were looking to cause trouble kept attacking Chim by saying "If Kevanovia is an honorary member then IAA throws its' support towards FPI and would therefore be at war".

Thank you for expaining that. I don't see how joining an alliance at war is considered going rogue either. But then again I'm a little biased. :P

This is high praise, my dear friend. I will try to be worthy of it. :)

You're definitely worthy of it. I think everyone here knows you're a guy motivated by what's right. And as for being a good politician... Well, just ask USR about that. :P

-Bama

Claiming an IC/OOC line breach is a weak retort, and you know that. That is besides the fact that what I outlined was the entire IC basis for the IAA's existance and founding. That is besides the fact that the community of an alliance is intertwined with the alliance, if it is not the alliance. This reinforces and brings back my previous post, that the IAA's community is the IAA alliance. As such, the IAA is indeed three years old as the alliance has not truly died. Unless of course you are going to keep on arguing pointless technicalities and worthless semantics.

Junka, I'm not sure why, but you seem to ignore my posts until I remind you they are still here. It's really getting annoying.

Whatever the reason for the existence of the alliance, the alliance is never merely an alliances community. It involves a sovereign authority with some level of government and a number of nations, all IC in nature. That is what makes an alliance different from a club, and that is why treating an alliance like a club leads to stagnation and failure. Not sure how that is pointless semantics.

Wasnt gonna continue but Lavo asked me to so there.

Perhaps we can return to the general frivolity of the (semi) three-year anniversary of the IAA? Perhaps with a public apology for Order 66? ;)

an apology for Order 66 WILL NEVER HAPPEN. . . i think its safe to say that, despite our differences and opinionated stances, this is something NSO and IAA can agree on

an apology for Order 66 WILL NEVER HAPPEN. . . i think its safe to say that, despite our differences and opinionated stances, this is something NSO and IAA can agree on

Who would we apologize to, the Jedi that are already dead?