Athens rides to WAR

While i agree with you in some areas and some in not I must say i agree with you. ZIing a (Wasn't it a SMALL nation?) nation who sent out one instead of hundreds was a bad idea on Athens part.

I was going to say something else but I forgot hahaha :lol1:

If he/she only sent out one single recruitment telegram then it makes the ZI sentence even more ridiculous. One telegram or a thousand, it's an overly harsh punishment for something that isn't a crime in the first place.

Edited by Corinan

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the primary people complaining are those not in Menotah.

We have accepted this, as I made in a post on the last page, there is no need to defend us further. Although we may have differing viewpoints, based on lack of facts, attitude, etc. Arguing and raging will not be fruitful or prosperous for us two alliances in the future, it will merely bitter an already damaged relationship.

We aren't arguing bitterly just having a civil debate on these things. i mean when do we get the chance to talk about this? :awesome:

We have accepted this, as I made in a post on the last page, there is no need to defend us further. Although we may have differing viewpoints, based on lack of facts, attitude, etc. Arguing and raging will not be fruitful or prosperous for us two alliances in the future, it will merely bitter an already damaged relationship.

Anyway, thank you to all those here, and have a lovely evening

o/ Menotah

o/ Athens

Der Kaiser, Menotah Triumvir

Why did you eject the member who sent the telegram?

If he/she only sent out one single recruitment telegram then it makes the ZI sentence even more ridiculous. One telegram or a thousand it's an overly harsh punishment for something that isn't a crime in the first place.

Can we get back to the ONE nation that sent out the message instead of talking about tons of nations please?

And also yes, i think most of us agree that the ZI punishment was ridiculous. And from there, I don't see where else we can go with this topic.....

o/ Menotah

o/ Athens

Just because you have accepted abuse from a larger alliance does not make that abuse justified. I understand that you are in no position to defend yourself, so worry not. I am Rebel Virginia, defender of those that cannot defend themselves. What can I say? I'm one hell of a guy.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Why did you eject the member who sent the telegram?

well,

1) they may not want trouble from him/her again.

2) he/she might have had a history and Athens found out about it

other then that i will agree with Corinan again.

Can we get back to the ONE nation that sent out the message instead of talking about tons of nations please?

And also yes, i think most of us agree that the ZI punishment was ridiculous. And from there, I don't see where else we can go with this topic.....

Would a PZI sentence please you more? :P It was a single ZI, its not like its the end of the world.

Would a PZI sentence please you more? :P It was a single ZI, its not like its the end of the world.

Why did you feel that sentencing a nation to ZI was a justified response to one of your nations receiving a recruitment telegram?

you might have misunderstood me.

I wanted to talk about the one nation that sent out the message, if you notice people (including me from time to time) have been using Nations instead of Nation or what not. that was what I was striving at.

And since you are from Athens I do not count your post relevant for you will try to defend yourself from this unjustly act of tyranny. (I am exaggerating tyranny but it's closer to intimidation)

Why did you feel that sentencing a nation to ZI was a justified response to one of your nations receiving a recruitment telegram?

I can't say I entirely approve of mass recruitment from alliances, but I think there are worse evils.

ZI??? For a recruitment message??

Ok, this post makes the most sense of all I have seen. My question would be, given that there was only proof that one person was sent a recruitment message, and the person who sent it was expelled and ZI'd, why was war considered?? If anything, given that the nation commiting the offense was zi'd it seems nothing more that a BS excuse to beat up someone smaller?? Was there soemthing else, other than what was brought out?? Just wondering....

It may have made sense but in your frail little world, you forgot a simple detail. During the DE-Athens merge talks, Athens gov't warned those who didn't want to join them that, under no circumstance, were they allowed to recruit and/or attempt to recruit anyone from that merge. Menotah did so knowingly.

o/ Menotah

o/ Athens

Thank you, Der, for being willing to move past this. I hope that we can enjoy more cordial relations in the future, and I consider this issue closed.

well,

1) they may not want trouble from him/her again.

2) he/she might have had a history and Athens found out about it

other then that i will agree with Corinan again.

Yeah the guy had a rap sheet of past offenses a mile long, from what I heard. And that was a big part of why he was ZIed, it wasn't just the fact that he sent recruiting messages.

Jamie has been ZIed before, he knows what it's like.

Also, we have no intention of tossing PZI sentences or even wars around just because we can. We will not become what we fought.

inb4athensisevilkarmaisevil chorus. <_<

It may have made sense but in your frail little world, you forgot a simple detail. During the DE-Athens merge talks, Athens gov't warned those who didn't want to join them that, under no circumstance, were they allowed to recruit and/or attempt to recruit anyone from that merge. Menotah did so knowingly.

you make it sounds as the whole alliance was recruiting athens.. please stay on track with the facts that are at hand vs the facts that are.. written on papper next to some doodle drawings.

Edited by acrux

I also thought that Athens was going to ZI the whole alliance. this is a rumor i have heard along the way, is it true?

If true then Athens MIGHT have over used their statement along with the possibility of wanting more tech and such.

If Athens just attacked that little nation i still find that wrong. Besides, we most likely don't know the whole story here. there might be more to it then this.

Just because you have accepted abuse from a larger alliance does not make that abuse justified. I understand that you are in no position to defend yourself, so worry not. I am Rebel Virginia, defender of those that cannot defend themselves. What can I say? I'm one hell of a guy.

o/ Rebel Virginia!

Yeah the guy had a rap sheet of past offenses a mile long, from what I heard. And that was a big part of why he was ZIed, it wasn't just the fact that he sent recruiting messages.

End of story right there ^

That is the answer that i am looking for and I hope you all where too.

Well I'm happy and now that I know this I am switching my sides and am in support of Athens in this.

During the DE-Athens merge talks, Athens gov't warned those who didn't want to join them that, under no circumstance, were they allowed to recruit and/or attempt to recruit anyone from that merge. Menotah did so knowingly.

This is a very relevant fact certain people are ignoring. It was a very reasonable line to not cross. It was crossed, but still didn't end up in war. I'm having real trouble finding the evil here. But of course I could just be brainwashed. <_<

I also thought that Athens was going to ZI the whole alliance. this is a rumor i have heard along the way, is it true?

If true then Athens MIGHT have over used their statement along with the possibility of wanting more tech and such.

If Athens just attacked that little nation i still find that wrong. Besides, we most likely don't know the whole story here. there might be more to it then this.

From where I stand, ZI for the whole alliance wasn't even in the discussion. But people prefer to listen to rumours than facts from people who were around for the discussion.