The Khmer Ultimatum.

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to this recent attack, we are making a request and stating it as nice as possible.

We wish to have all Kingdom of Cochin military personel removed from the Baloch Provence because you scare the poop out of us. While we will not invade it, if you wish for security, they may be replaced by troops from the state of Dragonisia. The construction crews may remain to continue their work on the canal, however, we request that offensive weapons be safely stored away.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

The news report dropped with a look of uncertainty behind it. The region of Indochina was quickly becoming a volatile area of death and destruction on almost a daily level, with events only become worse and worse. Both Pax Pacis, the Khmer Empire, and the Dragon Empire had been at each others throats for a long while now and there seemed to be chances that this conflict could spill out of Indochina, into Asia and from there, there was no telling where it could lead. Unfortunately the world was torn on who was really the aggressor here. The bloated hegemon that could be offered total control of the Indochinese region should talks disintegrate, or the two immature nations who had attacked first, slaughtering hundreds of people in Imperial villages. Then of course there was the nasty targeting of Khmer government complex, the war in Pax Pacis, and the world's opinion. Yes, for all intensive purposes, a diplomatic black hole.

Sarah threw down the reports on the desk and rubbed her temples lightly. "It just doesn't stop does it?" She said to herself as Johann Kolm and Hannah Asgiersson, the two commanders of the Army stepped into the room and saluted. "You two have something for me?"

"We came to ask if it might be time to deploy troops to the regions in conflict." Said Kolm bowing. "Neither the Imperials or the other two nations in conflict have the ability it seems to keep these conflicts from becoming deadlier and deadlier."

"I imagine a peacekeeping force?"

"Exactly, we would propose to both parties to have Hanseatic soldiers and air command over a DMZ between the countries, while we engage in peace talks to get this secured. All we need is for Your Ladyship's approval."

Sarah nodded and chuckled. "That's saying that both parties would agree. But I appreciate High Command bringing these proposals to my attention, I will send them to the countries engaged. However if talks do break down, I would suggest getting ready for some time of mobilization. Just in case war could boil over."

They bowed. "Of course Ladyship."

She shook her head as they exited her room. "A whole village destroyed and then a bombing of a government complex. Idiots, all of them."

TO: Dragon Imperial Government, Pax Pacian Government, Promised Land Government, Khmer Government

FROM: The desk of Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

Excellencies,

I have watched in silence over the past few weeks as Indochina descends into a realm of death and destruction. While this is not Hansetaic territory, nor does it border it, the aggressors and the defenders are both our allies, and we along with all Asian nations work towards a more stable Asia. To do this, these irresponsible conflicts must, and will end. I invite then, all parties to come to Brisbane to meet and discuss future plans for your nations, and the Indochina region in general. During this time, Hanseatic troops and air support will be deployed to the conflict regions to prevent further fighting during peace talks. I hope that all of you take the time to consider this. Because once your parties unleash total war on the other. There will be a regret that Asia and the world is not ready to deal with.

OOC: Holy crap, this all happened in 3 hours...yeesh, shows how fast stuff goes in CNRP.

IC: "Rather than respond to individual nations, all Hae Da Fung will say this:

The Khmer Empire has disgraced itself so many times not even Hell will take them. The Dragon Empire needs to establish that we are not just a big blowfish, but a strong tiger shark. Our glorious victory shall soon be seen!"

"I cannot believe you have seriously posed this statement."

"We can you not believe it? Is the less messy way out too much for you?"

[Classified to Promised Land]

"Promised Land, we have been gracious thus far to ignore the acts of a state which has sponsored under open admission the release of germ warfare in the world at large and.. unexpectedly.. released a very deadly virus which has propagated among the community of Africa. We have countered many of your points previously. I know there's a lot to read among all the official releases, but it is very clear that Khmer started this crisis. It is very clear they killed our diplomats. It is very clear we have the right to strike a government building which is not considered a civilian, but a military/government target as it houses the executive branches of the government. The one life versus a thousand is an already addressed argument and so is the age and gender of the civilians and the fact that civilian casualties though sought to be avoided are sometimes unavoidable in war. The weapon used was a precision munition used on a government facility. If you want to point out the slivers in our eyes we will be forced to point out the rather large mote in your own. This is something we've been trying to do to save you from embarrassment but you are forcing our hand."

"Truth is the life of that one janitor or desk clerk may save thousands of his peers at the front. Few would rescind doing that for their fellow man in mass. It is not a wrong to deliver death to those who deserve it.. while minimizing the loss of lives of those who do not."

***Classified reply***

The old adage of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?" At what point does that become little more than an empty saying? The difference here, is we believe it has crossed that line, while you do not. Tell me...if you had a loaded gun, and the opportunity to save three other lives by personally shooting an uninvolved man, would you still consider that saying to hold true?

You would dare hold that over us when we are doing all in our power to apprehend those responsible? What kind of Empire is this that you have created?

"The Kingdom of Cochin does provide a important point there. The events detailed do seem to be structured as a set up however, any details were probally in the government building which is now a pile of rubble so it might be difficult to prove it"

"Of course, we never had any doubt that the Dragons were telling the truth about their diplomats being unarmed, but that is not the issue we are concerned with."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

RE: The Lady Protector

The Empire appreciates your invitation to talks. We will attend via teleconference if desired, but we will not allow a single diplomatic envoy to step foot in the same building as a Khmerian delegation for fear they would kill them. They are untrustworthy to the extreme and if they talk to us it will have to be remotely. We feel you are putting yourself at grave risk hosting these belligerent and unpredictable individuals, but your struggle to see a peace in this is admirable. Right now, after this strike against them, we consider our desire for vengeance to have been satiated.. however, for continued stability in the region the only answer is peace-keeping forces or removal of their state until it is proven they have changed the nature of the character which of course.. with the removal of their state would not be possible. If you host these talks I will attempt to have the ultimatum deadline extended indefinitely until such time as negotiations break down again or the situation is resolved peacefully.

Maelstrom Vortex

-The Chairman of Dragonisia

-Triumvirate Adviser of the Dragon Empire

***Classified reply***

The old adage of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?" At what point does that become little more than an empty saying? The difference here, is we believe it has crossed that line, while you do not. Tell me...if you had a loaded gun, and the opportunity to save three other lives by personally shooting an uninvolved man, would you still consider that saying to hold true?

You would dare hold that over us when we are doing all in our power to apprehend those responsible? What kind of Empire is this that you have created?

*** Classified reply***

"Until you resolve the situation by presenting the war criminals, it will be held over your head. It is your responsibility to see justice done but there has been no progress yet. We have created an Empire that seeks justice. You should hold up the mirror and stare into your own state's soul given the nature of the attacks which have originated from its soil recently."

"As to your question. Those who are citizens of the aggressor state are hardly uninvolved. They are involved by unfortunate circumstance. You would be better tasked as asking, 'Would you shoot one involved man to save the other 3 involved men?' Depends on the situation, but usually yes. Most people would give their life to save the many. I would."

*** Classified reply***

"Until you resolve the situation by presenting the war criminals, it will be held over your head. It is your responsibility to see justice done but there has been no progress yet. We have created an Empire that seeks justice. You should hold up the mirror and stare into your own state's soul given the nature of the attacks which have originated from its soil recently."

"As to your question. Those who are citizens of the aggressor state are hardly uninvolved. They are involved by unfortunate circumstance. You would be better tasked as asking, 'Would you shoot one involved man to save the other 3 involved men?' Depends on the situation, but usually yes. Most people would give their life to save the many. I would."

***Classified reply***

Rest assured that when they are found, they will be tried for their crimes in front of our allies. Until then, leave the matter alone.

No, citizens of an aggressor state have not chosen the circumstances. if they are involved, it is only by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is more akin to shooting a man minding his own business to save the lives of three men who are willing to die to do the job of protecting their country.

And I was not asking if you would be willing to die, I was asking if you would be willing to personally pull the trigger, not just give the order to fire.

## Classified ##

"To me there is no difference. Pulling the trigger is the same as giving the order. Do I want to be the person doing this? No. Is it an easily made decision? No. Was it a justified decision? Yes. How many states would you have us tolerate assassinating our diplomats and assaulting our borders before we defended ourselves? So far it appears to be 2.. would 5 be sufficient.. 10? When do we signal the world enough is enough in our defense?"

## Classified ##

"To me there is no difference. Pulling the trigger is the same as giving the order. Do I want to be the person doing this? No. Is it an easily made decision? No. Was it a justified decision? Yes. How many states would you have us tolerate assassinating our diplomats and assaulting our borders before we defended ourselves? So far it appears to be 2.. would 5 be sufficient.. 10? When do we signal the world enough is enough in our defense?"

***Classified***

"You seem to be mistaking our condemnation of you as support for their assassination. That is not the case. We see these acts as being equally despicable. Please point out where we have EVER supported any state for assassinating your diplomats."

You say you value the lives of Khmer Empire citizens when you needlessly murder them? Your responses have been classic comedy gold.

We also note that you have not been responding to other excellent suggestions. What about making the handover of government officials in surrender terms? Where is the hard evidence of the government of Khmer ordering the assassination of your diplomats? You have made claims, you must now back them up.

We once again offer up these statements that have been continually ignored. We challenge those in the Dragon Empire to either answer them or show themselves to be the international pariah that they are.

The Republic of Austervania can now see that the Dragon Empire is no more than a new evil in the world. This attack on a civilian building is unwarranted, and killing probably hundreds for your 10 diplomats lost is hardly justification. This government sees the Dragon Empire as guilty of war crimes.

To: The Lady Protector

"Lady Protector the Lady Kingswell shall attend these peace talks once she had finished her business with General Davies from Promised Land. Expect her to land in Brisbane with two or three hours at most.

OOC: Guessing a different thread will be made for the talks.

We once again offer up these statements that have been continually ignored. We challenge those in the Dragon Empire to either answer them or show themselves to be the international pariah that they are.

Since the ambassador from Ingruo seems to fail to be able to read.. the..

evidence is once again submitted.

Along with the confession.

The value of life question has been addressed in previous discussion.. as has the surrender terms. We knew they would not give up their government as that would be giving up themselves and the only way to reach the actual criminals was therefore this strike.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Since the ambassador from Ingruo seems to fail to be able to read.. the..

evidence is once again submitted.

Along with the confession.

It's Xaristan, first off. Learning the names of the countries you are dealing with would be a good first start.

Second, we asked for evidence that one of your members said you had that the government of Khmer plotted to kill your diplomats, which was used as justification for you to bomb a government building. We have asked three times now and have not received a response besides your tired, recycled "the diplomats were killed" line, so we will assume there is no evidence of this and it was merely a propagandist, empty claim to attempt to garner more international support.

Thirdly, we have asked, again, three times now, why wasn't an alternative option of forcing Khmer to surrender their government to you as part of surrender terms an avenue approached? Again, we have not received any response to this, and can only assume that the Dragon Empire wants war, instead of working towards peace.

Second, we asked for evidence that one of your members said you had that the government of Khmer plotted to kill your diplomats, which was used as justification for you to bomb a government building. We have asked three times now and have not received a response besides your tired, recycled "the diplomats were killed" line, so we will assume there is no evidence of this and it was merely a propagandist, empty claim to attempt to garner more international support.

Thirdly, we have asked, again, three times now, why wasn't an alternative option of forcing Khmer to surrender their government to you as part of surrender terms an avenue approached? Again, we have not received any response to this, and can only assume that the Dragon Empire wants war, instead of working towards peace.

Observe the movement and broadcasting of Dragon Empire officials, then listen to the audio recordings yourself, I presented them in a logical fashion. If you wish to ignore this very obvious evidence, there is nothing more we can do for you. It is clear this was an attempt to rile up the Dragon Empire.

You keep mentioning this "alternative option," but I still do not see a way of forcing their government to surrender without national warfare. Internationally, nobody seemed to care about the massacre of our diplomats sent on a well-intentioned visit. Covert operations are rarely carried out due to the inherent risks involved. The nation OBVIOUSLY did not want to negotiate with us, and the community seemed to care little about our devastating loss. The best option we had was one that sought justice with the fewest lives taken, be they Khmer or Dragon citizens.

Observe the movement and broadcasting of Dragon Empire officials, then listen to the audio recordings yourself, I presented them in a logical fashion. If you wish to ignore this very obvious evidence, there is nothing more we can do for you. It is clear this was an attempt to rile up the Dragon Empire.

You keep mentioning this "alternative option," but I still do not see a way of forcing their government to surrender without national warfare. Internationally, nobody seemed to care about the massacre of our diplomats sent on a well-intentioned visit. Covert operations are rarely carried out due to the inherent risks involved. The nation OBVIOUSLY did not want to negotiate with us, and the community seemed to care little about our devastating loss. The best option we had was one that sought justice with the fewest lives taken, be they Khmer or Dragon citizens.

We've seen your broadcasts and heard the audio. There is still no evidence that the government as a whole of Khmer, whom you all have now murdered on live television, had any part in plotting to kill those diplomats. If you have it, present it. Otherwise, you just murdered people without evidence, exactly what you accuse Khmer of doing.

Peace through superior firepower. Bomb their military, and I mean military, installations into the ground. Take away their means to fight. Blockade their nation, seal their borders. Choke them out. Force them to surrender for their people and make it a term for said surrender. And devastating loss? We apologize, but ten diplomats can hardly be characterized as "devastating". Tragic? Certainly. Unfortunate? Yes. Devastating? Unless that was your entire diplomatic corps, and even then, it's hardly devastating. Stop dramatizing the situation.

"On a side note, it seems imprudent to deliver your ultimatum after you have cut off the head of the body you deliver it to. Who now can step forward to speak with your nation?"

The enraged military force?

It seems like Dragon Empire doesn't realize that you are NOT suppose to attack during negotiations, nor do you demolish the only part of the nation that can participate in the negotiations.

Edited by HHAYD

We've seen your broadcasts and heard the audio. There is still no evidence that the government as a whole of Khmer, whom you all have now murdered on live television, had any part in plotting to kill those diplomats. If you have it, present it. Otherwise, you just murdered people without evidence, exactly what you accuse Khmer of doing.

Peace through superior firepower. Bomb their military, and I mean military, installations into the ground. Take away their means to fight. Blockade their nation, seal their borders. Choke them out. Force them to surrender for their people and make it a term for said surrender. And devastating loss? We apologize, but ten diplomats can hardly be characterized as "devastating". Tragic? Certainly. Unfortunate? Yes. Devastating? Unless that was your entire diplomatic corps, and even then, it's hardly devastating. Stop dramatizing the situation.

"It is clear you're not a member of the family of the fallen."

"Please clarify what is meant by that statement. Also, we wish an answer to the related point we have brought up."

"It is a response to the demeaning of the value of the lives of our diplomats by the representatives of Xaristan. Trust me when I say the families are devastated."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"It is a response to the demeaning of the value of the lives of our diplomats by the representatives of Xaristan. Trust me when I say the families are devastated."

"Not that we wish to take any side in this argument, but that seems like a rather arrogant way of looking at this situation. Yes, your diplomats were killed. Yes, their families must be devastated. The problem being that you lose the right to use the argument that someone is demeaning the loss after you kill thousands of men and women."