The Khmer Ultimatum.

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Somal's forces being withdrawn to their homeland, the Yuktobanians were now under increasing attack by Khmer forces, it was very difficult to pinpoint the attacks. The plan was to continue, but an airstrike was ordered to locate an end the intolerable artillery barrage.

Biela Squadron, armed with Rocket Launchers were sent in to attack the position where it is believed to be the artillery positions. 4 aircraft fired off all their rockets within a 5 mile radius.

Despite these annoyances, about 33% of the wall was completed after taking 2% Casualties and .3% fatalities.

OOC: Chris, I want you to RP the damage, just so I don't be unreasonable.

Edited by Razgriz 2K9

The hastily set up defences didnot last long at all. Firing everything and everything that they could at the incoming troops all they could do was hope. Unfortunately hope was not enough, they died bloodily in the defence of their country.

With the colapse of Somal, and their troops being withdrawn (Mael said on IRC they'd be withdrawn due to Firestorm being banned), the Haiphong garrsion was able to concentrate their attacks on the Yuke forces. Conventional Methods were used at first ie. artillery bombardment while nearby guerilla units were ordered to start attacking from the jungels.

OOC:Mael did, not you. I never said you did

The artillery had a devistating effect on the town. Both military and civilian causalties were high. The outer part of the town was completelty destroyed. It forced the Khmer troops deeper into the city, where they still replied with RPG's machine guns and other light artillery pieces.

The Hanio defenders dug themselves in. They had but one order stop the imperialists from entering the city. With news of the first Cochin troops encircling the city. Mortar fire erupted from the city defences aimed at the troops.

The Dragonosian forces took Ho Chi Minh City by surprise. No attack was meant to come from the south. In a quick scramble for troops the Khmer forces quickly dug in and tried to do the best with what time they had.

OOC:Mael, can you please not get to phnom penh yet. Ive got some pre-emptive stuff I want to do their first in regards to its defences. And yes Im aware i missed some stuff but Im just about out of time.

ooc: Not a problem. And no, I haven't used a single WMD in this fight. All conventional arms and surprise tactics.

ic: Operation Leviathan was in full swing and reports were coming in of success after success. Ho Chi Minh City had almost not put up a fight its fall was so quick. All the same the advance had taken .5% casualties in the south and .02% fatalities.

The north operations were having more trouble, in rougher terrain and on a far more contested front.They had taken 1% casualties and .06% fatalities.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex