International Currency Exchange

MercyFallout

Rightyo, since we don't have set (or anywhere NEAR) set currency exchange rates, lets start deciding them.

The biggest national economies in CNRP are currently Viniland, Rebel Army, and Bavaria. So more or less, they would be the equivalent to the "pound", "dollar", and "euro" of the real world (which is which is up for everyone else to decide, I vote for them in the order I presented).

My nations currency is the Korean Won (KRW) and is currently on a 1000 to 1 exchange rate with the Rebel Army's Rebel Credit (mostly for convenience sake when adding/subtracting/etcing with Korean currency numbers. No decimals, nothing in the ones column ftw.).

So basically, decide some currency exchange rates. GO!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so, based on some of the IRC and non-IRC talk, here is a proposal for how to do a base currency exchange (not for all individual nations, I suppose we can discuss that as we go on).

The strongest currencies in the world would be as follows:

1. Viniland's (whatever)

2. Rebel Army's Rebel Credit

3. Bavaria's (whatever), HEU's Hanseatic Mark, Prussia's Thaler

Bavaria's (whatever) = HEU's HM = Prussia's Thaler << "Base currency (BC)", similar to the USD

1.5 BC = 1 Rebel Credit

2 BC = 1 Viniland's (whatever)

0.66 Viniland's (whatever) = 1 Rebel Credit

Sound good? :v

Well, Prussia's currency is backed by an insane amount of gold from the Nordlandic period so errr.... >_>

I am running the same currency as Prussia at the moment, backed by whatever gold there is here :P

EDIT: Why is it that Viniland's is the strongest?

Edited by Mergerberger II

Absolutely no currency exchange markets, for the love of god. Its developments, change in prices, supply and demand are quite complicate in fact and are consistently affecting a country's economy in a daily basis. Considering that almost every RP'er here skip the economic aspect of a nation, I believe we can't suddenly emerge in such a complex and specific area.

Absolutely no currency exchange markets, for the love of god. Its developments, change in prices, supply and demand are quite complicate in fact and are consistently affecting a country's economy in a daily basis. Considering that almost every RP'er here skip the economic aspect of a nation, I believe we can't suddenly emerge in such a complex and specific area.

We can just set the exchange rates and lock them. Like the original function of the IMF (or close enough). >__>

Nope, they're one of the few to resist it. Pound is still the strongest currency in the world.

Oh, OK. they do allow the use of the Euro, though, right?

We can just set the exchange rates and lock them. Like the original function of the IMF (or close enough). >__>

No thanks... :P

Then we're just adding a level of complication to CNRP and not allowing any flexibility to the currency market (and allowing such would probably be a disaster anyways).

The biggest national economies in CNRP are currently Viniland, Rebel Army, and Bavaria. So more or less, they would be the equivalent to the "pound", "dollar", and "euro" of the real world (which is which is up for everyone else to decide, I vote for them in the order I presented).

actually i'd challenge that they are the biggest SINGLE economies. DE and HEU are probably just as large as them.

actually i'd challenge that they are the biggest SINGLE economies. DE and HEU are probably just as large as them.

It doesn't matter. Of any of the currencies listed, the strongest would definitely be that of Prussia. The Prussian currency is backed by massive amounts of Nordic gold and follows a gold standard. This means that it ought to be valued much higher than any currency not following a gold standard. If the currency of Bavaria, Rebel Army, or Viniland followed a gold standard, then they would most certainly be more powerful, but they do not.

With the gold standard, inflation does not occur, or if it does, it occurs slowly. This means that, logically, the Prussian currency would be valued at far more than the modern dollar, and almost definitely more than the modern Euro or Pound, especially if it adhered to the old American gold standard disestablished by Roosevelt.

It doesn't matter. Of any of the currencies listed, the strongest would definitely be that of Prussia. The Prussian currency is backed by massive amounts of Nordic gold and follows a gold standard. This means that it ought to be valued much higher than any currency not following a gold standard. If the currency of Bavaria, Rebel Army, or Viniland followed a gold standard, then they would most certainly be more powerful, but they do not.

With the gold standard, inflation does not occur, or if it does, it occurs slowly. This means that, logically, the Prussian currency would be valued at far more than the modern dollar, and almost definitely more than the modern Euro or Pound, especially if it adhered to the old American gold standard disestablished by Roosevelt.

Considering that the "Nordic Gold" is an absolutely ambiguous quantity and as realistic as the El Dorado... >_>

Either way, it wouldn't necessarily be the strongest currency, even if backed with plenty of gold. Sure, the fact that the gold is there provides easy liquidity for currencies - but you have to consider that Prussia is in an area that has historically and recently (in CNRP) faced a plethora of political instability and warfare, as well as the nation itself being new when compared to most. It is not only how easy to convert into something solid that counts - the country's own stability and credibility counts, and more importantly, the backing of its own economy.

Anyways, not sure why I'm arguing this since I strongly oppose a currency market in CNRP.

Another layer of difficulty for roleplaying. As long as it isn't forced and I'm told the proper exchange rates, I'm good.

To make things simple, everything should be compared to one currency, wether its a fake currency or a real one.

Edited by JerreyRough