The GMs Court

hawk11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='26 April 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1272309804' post='2276240']
Might I ask why they are forbidden?
[/quote]

":Lolorbitalrailgun: your entire navy, all airfields, and pretty much everything else, is now destroyed there is no way to counter them, and there was not enough warning time for you to do anything about it. :v:"

[quote name='iamthey' date='27 April 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1272381814' post='2277343']
":Lolorbitalrailgun: your entire navy, all airfields, and pretty much everything else, is now destroyed there is no way to counter them, and there was not enough warning time for you to do anything about it. :v:"
[/quote]

It strikes me odd, though, that it is fully possible to deploy an ICBM or two within a satellite system for either defense against anti-satellite missiles or to launch a space-to-planet (STP :smug:) missile from orbit.

No skin off my back, of course.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Roleplay balance. Instant nation killing weapons that have the ability to obliterate anything are just not needed. That's why we can't have the flying laser cannon (instant kill). Which isn't nearly as devastating as people thought when the no-flying-laser-cannon rule came out as new evidence shows, but meh. Oh well.

Edited by JerreyRough

Just to confirm, if I'm dropping nukes from planes or launching them on missiles at a nation with an SDI, there's always a 40% chance that they'll hit, regardless of other factors? (defending airplanes, etc.)

[quote name='iamthey' date='27 April 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1272381814' post='2277343']
[/quote]
NOOOOOO, [url=http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd337/Voi-Asino/MOOOOON.png]My master plan![/url] RUINED!!!!

( :awesome: )

[quote name='iKrolm' date='02 May 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1272828399' post='2283985']
Just to confirm, if I'm dropping nukes from planes or launching them on missiles at a nation with an SDI, there's always a 40% chance that they'll hit, regardless of other factors? (defending airplanes, etc.)
[/quote]

Yes I believe that is the position. Since there is a chance they could shoot down the bomber.

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' date='30 April 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1272653950' post='2281478']
I'll be in canada until sunday as a post apocalyptic stress month mini-vacation

War will continue then with a full update
[/quote]
Twenty-four hours.
Then the war continues, be it with or without Mudd.

Second strike.
On third strike, he's out.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='03 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1272922796' post='2285342']
Clarification, civilian resistance, including militia, cannot be RP'd without the express consent of all parties inviolved in it, correct?

This would include police.
[/quote]

[quote]*You cannot arm your citizens and have them fight a war. It does not matter if you give them full time military training and automatic weapon, the maximum number of armed people you can field in a war is determined by your soldier count.[/quote]

Considering these are binding in a normal situation without other terms agreed I assume all parties or at least those directly involved need to give permission yes.

[quote name='Centurius' date='03 May 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1272927554' post='2285434']
Considering these are binding in a normal situation without other terms agreed I assume all parties or at least those directly involved need to give permission yes.
[/quote]

Lynneth made a ruling that in this case, militia are okay. He said this explicitly to Cochin.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='03 May 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1272927808' post='2285437']
Lynneth made a ruling that in this case, militia are okay. He said this explicitly to Cochin.
[/quote]
Hmm...is resistance in a city already taken over before Mudd ever posted allowed then? Mudd acknowledged Anchorage as lost.

I would like to protest Zoot's post here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84477&view=findpost&p=2285376

It is a clear case of metagaming. We had talked earlier on IRC about this and him moving his Emperor on a "rumor" clearly demonstrates using OOC knowledge for IC movements.

Two 50% spy rolls, on mudd. Gather intelligence. Thnx.

EDIT: A(n) [s]doctored[/s] image for lynneth :v:.

[img]http://imgur.com/GHz63.png[/img]

Edited by iamthey

Zee fail: 1-50
Zee win: 51-100

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing203.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing204.png[/IMG]

89 - Win
32 - Fail