Ultimanium to Lu

Sumeragi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Madame Prime Minister, "An aide said, " We have recieved reports on the threat of war between the Lu Empire and Yamato." Prime Minister Reznov responded, "Let me see." While reading the report, she placed her hand on her head. Believing that it was a stupid move by the people of Yamato. "This has become a slap on the face of peace. It's getting to be a bit too dangerous for Yamato to do things like that."

"War in Asia is exactly that; war in Asia. Xaristan will not be getting involved. We feel that Yamato clearly overreacted in this situation, something they seem prone to do. Once again, Xaristan, more for the war being half a world away and lacking a navy than anything else, remains neutral in this conflict. We hope our American brothers do the same so that no American blood is spilled for a war between fighting children."

-Official Statement from the Xaristan Department of State

Bill Worthington, Consul of State

Hae Da Fubg comes out from radio silence momentarily to say this:

"It shall be noted that our troops have all been issued bayonets, are ready to charge and will fight in the defense of Lu. Our allies will not fight alone."

A Hae Da Fung officer was also heard saying this:

"If we go to war, then the Yamatoans had better watch out. If I am going to die, I am going to take them with me.

"Stop bickering likel ittle children. One nation is offered a deal, a deal they could have politely refused. But insteasd they choose to be insulting about it. The other nation, instead of simply letting it lie, is naturally outraged,though overreacts and threatens war. When it is clear that war will not accomplish their goals, they offer to talk it out like they should have done in the first place. Then the party that offered the original insult says 'No, i want war.' The truth is, no one in this whole affair has acted with maturity."

"Subtle one, I think you misread the statement. Yamato DECLARED war. They are in a state of war with Lu right now.. there was no consideration for war.. they simply entered a state of war. The Empire is holding off on a recognition of a mutual state of war and has asked them to retract their declaration.. and done so with great patience, but they have yet to do so. We will not allow an ongoing hot conflict in Asia.. an ongoing state of war to be declared.. without answering. After trying all efforts in diplomacy with Yamato, if they do not back down we will be forced to respond to the threat they are making themselves to the security of the Nation of Lu Empire. The Empire is not acting like a child by protecting its children from a bully. It is acting like a parent and interceding on its child's behalf. Lu has a right to be angry and to want war, but we're encouraging peace. It is up to Yamato to prove they want it."

"Yamato has a right to be somewhat angry to, but not to the point of declaring war. We do not condone Lutai's handling of the treaty situation, there was much more tact that could have been used, but you don't kill your neighbor because of a disagreement."

- Maelstrom

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"Subtle one, I think you misread the statement. Yamato DECLARED war. They are in a state of war with Lu right now.. there was no consideration for war.. they simply entered a state of war. The Empire is holding off on a recognition of a mutual state of war and has asked them to retract their declaration.. and done so with great patience, but they have yet to do so. We will not allow an ongoing hot conflict in Asia.. an ongoing state of war to be declared.. without answering. After trying all efforts in diplomacy with Yamato, if they do not back down we will be forced to respond to the threat they are making themselves to the security of the Nation of Lu Empire. The Empire is not acting like a child by protecting its children from a bully. It is acting like a parent and interceding on its child's behalf. Lu has a right to be angry and to want war, but we're encouraging peace. It is up to Yamato to prove they want it."

"Yamato has a right to be somewhat angry to, but not to the point of declaring war. We do not condone Lutai's handling of the treaty situation, there was much more tact that could have been used, but you don't kill your neighbor because of a disagreement."

- Maelstrom

"As the below quote shows they said they have backed down which carries the meaning, at least to us, that they have withdrawn their decleration of war and instead have made two demands instead which whilst possibly worded harshly is not the same as a decleration of war and do not forget your ally is obviously prepared and wants war seeing as how they seem to have stated that they look forward to war"

After internal reviews, we admit we have overgone with our anger, and therefore we shall step down for now. However, we demand the following:

1. Apology for the outrageous behavior towards its neighbor

2. A conference between Yamato, Lu, and Cochin concerning Greater Mongolia and relations under the arbitration of Dragonisia.

We remind the world that any attempt to attack Yamato would mean the activation of its various MDPs, which include Pax Pacifica and the Hanseatic Commonwealth.

OOC: Sorry guys, I was very drunk when I wrote the OP. >_>

"They said they wish to step down, then they need to formally withdraw the state of war, if they do not then we cannot recognize the war as having been ended. When they make a statement declaring the war against Lutai Over and Abolished, we will then consider peace to be restored. They do not clarify their intend in their statements in the slightest. They nowhere state the war is over so we must conclude it is still ongoing. Lutai only wants the war if Yamato insists on bringing it to their doorstep. He was showing his willingness to fight for his people and his cause against an oppressor. Basically, "If you want war.. bring it we're ready." sort of statement. He doesn't speak the best English, but I know the Emperor personally and I know what his meaning is."

"We have repeatedly asked Yamato for a clarification as to whether or not the war is over. They have not conclusively provided such a statement. In the lack of such a statement we must assume the war continues. Otherwise, it could be an act of deception. I mean.. step down what? Step down hostilities? Step down the war? Step down their forces? It could just be slowing their preparations for invasion for all we know."

- Maelstrom

"A recognition of a state of war is not the asame as a declaration of war. I merely stated that at no time has either of what would be the priomary combatants acted in a mature and civilized manner. perhaps i was mistaken in saying a statement that included everyone, as the Emopire itself has tried to be reasonable. But its ally has not, and that is what I am trying to say."

"Lutai recognized a state of war. We realize they've been faintly belligerent but their belligerence is in response to aggression. The Emperor must be strong and keep his people prepared to fight when a threat is imminent. I don't believe he has a choice but to appear strong at this time."

ooc: And for the record, we are not an Emo-pire. :-P

"Lutai recognized a state of war. We realize they've been faintly belligerent but their belligerence is in response to aggression. The Emperor must be strong and keep his people prepared to fight when a threat is imminent. I don't believe he has a choice but to appear strong at this time."

"There is a difference between being prepared to fight and being prepared for war. To prepare to fight involves being ready to defend and attack if required prepared for war means being ready to destroy your enemy utterly until they surrender or are no more. If the Lu Empire wasn't wishing to go to war and just fight in self defense they should have said that".

"Lutai did offer a rather undipomatic insult to Yamato, who does have a right to be offended. As we said, Yamato did overreact, but we maintain they did have a right to be offended."

"Lutai did offer a rather undipomatic insult to Yamato, who does have a right to be offended. As we said, Yamato did overreact, but we maintain they did have a right to be offended."

If a nation is offended due to brasher forms of diplomacy is it to wage war? That too unmediated war? There was no diplomatic precursor, there were no economic moves, but straight to war?

Not so long ago another large nation had the habit of going to war for the slightest of insults. Today due to the collective will and might of world nations that nation is no more.

Lu Empire's actions may not be completely spot free, but they do have the rights to be aggressive in words when their very sovereignty.

We ask the world nations to consider how righteous is it for a nation to declare war against its neighbor who is barely 1/3rd its size. Then when international indignation piles up greater force against them they hide under the treachery of negotiation even when their forces are readied at the border and war is still not called off.

We implore upon the world nations to recognize the greater correct. Unfortunately this crisis is not a matter of Black and White, rather various shades of Grey.

"If a nation had a right to war over being offended, I'd have declared on Yamato as soon as their delegation snubbed our alliance at the last regional talks over the fate of the DE protectorate which I had so politely arranged for them at that. However, I'm far more benevolent than that and realize such a claim is ridiculous."

"Your getting the words mixed up. Promised Land said Yamato had the right to be offended which it did but Promised Land hasn't said anywhere that Yamato had the right to go to war. What we need here is for both sides to agree that the decleration of war has been withdrawn from both sides".

"No, what we need here is for Yamato to realize actions have consequences. Not for us to go 'oh, okay, nevermind then' every time they try to cover their asses."

"What we need is people to STOP being warmongers for five seconds and think about the consequences of their actions.

"Pax Pacis seems to be the only nation who understands what we are saying--that at no time did we ever condone Yamato's recognition of war, only that they did have a right to be offended. there are other ways to display that you are offended. cut off dimplomatic relations, sanctions, etc."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"What we need is people to STOP being warmongers for five seconds and think about the consequences of their wactions.

"Pax Pacis seems to be the only nation who understands what we are saying--that at no time did we ever condone Yamato's recognition of war, only that they did have a right to be offended. there are other ways to display that you are offended. cut off dimplomatic relations, sanctions, etc."

We empathize with the peaceful intentions of Pax Pacis. We do not wish for a war either. But who shall guarantee that Yamato shall not embark on a similar adventure in the future?

Each time the world gives them breathing space they get more and more aggressive.

Edited by king of cochin