Ultimanium to Lu

Sumeragi

OOC: Never heard of that term before but I like it :) and I thought it was ok to defend people you like?

IC: "We were founded on the principle of peace and whilst Yamato's decision may have been rash we stll feel they could make a good ally and friend".

A friend that only seeks more war. Peaceful and war-addict nations do not mix, keep that in mind.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Never heard of that term before but I like it :) and I thought it was ok to defend people you like?

IC: "We were founded on the principle of peace and whilst Yamato's decision may have been rash we stll feel they could make a good ally and friend".

OOC: Yes, it's okay to defend people.

People who aren't trying to cover up that they've made a brilliant political move.

Also, about the internet white knight:

Click this (Warning, may lead to offensive words. I may get warned for this link, Iunno. lol. Also, Kevz, note that the offensive portions may not apply to you.)

IC: They've acted rash several times. We believe they wouldn't make great allies. Why don't you befriend the Dragon Empire and the Hansa more? They work for peace.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: Yes, it's okay to defend people.

People who aren't trying to cover up that they've made a brilliant political move.

Also, about the internet white knight:

Click this (Warning, may lead to offensive words. I may get warned for this link, Iunno. lol. Also, Kevz, note that the offensive portions may not apply to you.)

IC: They've acted rash several times. We believe they wouldn't make great allies. Why don't you befriend the Dragon Empire and the Hansa more? They work for peace.

OOC: I hope you don't get warned. You gave a warning and if people can't deal with offensive words they need to grow up.

IC: "We feel that the Hansa are already one of our allies and friends as they have helped us to set ourselves in this world whereas, we find that the DE is a too head strong and forward power to be one of our allies".

Tahiti had been her seclusion from the chaos of the world, there Sarah lay alone in the white sand as the calm water of the Pacific slowly ran up to her feet begging her to come to the water and then slowly retreating when she denied. As the world in Asia exploded, she dined on oysters, clams, and fresh fish, while she sipped martinis and bloody marys with native men that promised her the night in a shell. But at the end of the day, duty called the Lady Protector, who finally showed some promise of getting a tan back, back to Brisbane to join the voices that were calling for bloodshed on the East Asian Steppes.

Sarah walked into the Diet Hall early in the morning to a storm of politicians, diplomats, generals, and reporter hounding her all the way up to her office. The recent aggression by Yamato against the Lu Empire had placed Asia into a storm of mobilization and threatening the peace that had been established by herself, the Dragons, and the Aotearoans.

The briefing was short. According to reports, Yamato and Lu had engaged in some kind of treaty which would put Yamato at an extremely favorable position in Asia. Lu then realizing their blunder sought to cancel the treaty, which Yamato took as an offense and then declared war. The catch was, was that Yamato seemed to be using treaties as the Pax Hansaeatica and the Pax Pacifica to shield their aggression from the rest of the world. Sarah had worked too hard to see peace destroyed because of insults and on top of Yamato's constant pressuring of gaining control of land in Asia. The Faux-Imperialist policy of theirs had to stop.

After the briefing Sarah accompanied by a legion of politicians and military officers appeared on the front steps of the Diet to render the Hansa's part in this up and coming tension.

Citizens of the Hansa, of East Asia, and of the World.

The recent actions of the Republic of Yamato are atrocious at best. While the actions of the Lu Empire are indeed shady, we do not see the reason for Yamato to pursue war and if they do continue to act in this fashion there will be problems for them to stay on with both Pax Hanseatica and Pax Pacifica. I implore the Yamato government to stop immediately and return the borders and proposals to a point when no such treaty took place. You have been requesting land for some time now, from Lu, Buryatia, and the Commonwealth. You are our friend and we do not want to your people hurt because of misunderstandings such as these. But the world has clearly made its point, this treaty was not welcomed and you should have no desire to continue seeking its completion.

I request, the Lu Empire, the Dragon Empire, and the Republic of Yamato to either sit down to agreements, which the Hansa can provide, or to cease instantly the talk of war and mobilization and return the borders of Asia to a point where they were before these problems arose. However, the aggressor in the war will be heavily outnumbered due to the amount of defensive treaties in the region and therefore I say. To the country that fires first...may God have mercy on your souls.

In addition to the state of Pax Pacis. We were under the impression that you were going to be a peaceful nation, without the use of weapons to provide a safe haven to refugees and the like. Your recent actions are beginning to show signs of some sort of aggression and the Hansa and I especially for giving you that land would be disappointed indeed for Laura Kingswell's dream to be destroyed. Please, avoid any such combat in a future war. You can be a voice of peace, not a voice of chaos.

Thank you.

We find it to be almost unbelievable that a nation would take something so minor as the tearing of a sheet of paper and blow the situation up to the point of bringing an entire region to the brink of war. We're forced to question how such lunatics came into such power.

Their is no stopping the World from coming in The Empire of Lu Allows every nation which allies with Lu to send their military forces within the borders of Lu and Yamato

This Is War!!!.

Now it seems like both sides want to fight over a petty reason...

So Yamato decides to rethink their actions to avoid war and the nation of Lu insteads declares war on Yamato interesting, we look forward to what the nation's supporting Lu have to say to this.

Lu Empire never declared war on anybody. Yamato was the party who declared war and they never rescinded it.

Lu Empire never declared war on anybody. Yamato was the party who declared war and they never rescinded it.

"Yamato backed down if you had taken the time to read what they had been saying and now it is the Lu Empire that goes to war."

And then Lu Empire wanted war after Yamato semi-backed down.

Yamato never backed down - they're trying to save their asses due to their incompetence. Yamato has gone unchecked far too long. Lu is simply recognizing the state of war.

And then Lu Empire wanted war after Yamato semi-backed down.

Lu Empire did not commit to any rash act. Like any sovereign nation they retaliated in forceful words when their sovereignty was threatened. They are not the aggressors here.

Their is no stopping the World from coming in The Empire of Lu Allows every nation which allies with Lu to send their military forces within the borders of Lu and Yamato

This Is War!!!.

Sarah had been trying to relax after giving her speech to Hanseatic citizens. When her Chamberlain Vikram ran into the room carrying another slip of paper. "Milady, a report from the Lu Empire." He said handing it to her.

Reading over the report, Sarah only shook her head. "This is getting ridiculous. Yamato yells and then subsides, now the Lu are doing the same thing. With probably the same effect."

"What do you make of it Your Ladyship?"

"The same thing I said before. Whomever fires the first shot, declarations of war these days are like banners that countries fly. Hopefully both leaders are too scared to bring the world's hellfire down on them from launching attacks. But we can only hope."

"Of course Ladyship."

"Buryatia continues to monitor the situation with concern. While it is clear that Yamato has taken a step towards rational behavior, we are still skeptical of their demands of an apology from the Lu Empire. We hope that a conference between the relevant parties would seek to resolve the tensions in the situation caused by Yamato's rash and reckless behavior.

We urge both the Lu Empire and Yamato to step back and calm down."

***Classified Deployments***

Zenn province:

The Buryatia Ground Forces begins deploying 3,000 soldiers, 100 APCs and 10 tanks into Zenn province near the border with Yamato. The military remains at DEFCON 3 and the border area with Yamato is closed.

The soldiers remain clearly in Buryatian territory, and rotate shifts to patrol the border in collaboration with the National Border Guards.

"Buryatia continues to monitor the situation with concern. While it is clear that Yamato has taken a step towards rational behavior, we are still skeptical of their demands of an apology from the Lu Empire. We hope that a conference between the relevant parties would seek to resolve the tensions in the situation caused by Yamato's rash and reckless behavior.

We urge both the Lu Empire and Yamato to step back and calm down."

Exactly what we were thinking. Hopefully this whole thing just blows away and both these waring countries become friends.

*Private*

"Hmm... I like yamoto's style such overt defiance of the world's puppet court and its silly rules." - Thomas Deveraux, Imperial Regent

*Public*

"This really isn't any business of the international arena. Let the nations, and their regional neighbors handle the matter themselves having European, and American nations condemn yamoto doesn't really accomplish much.... that being said I am sure the Dragon Empire has it covered." - Mathew Kaine, Magistrate of Parliament

OOC: How did you know she wasn't drunk at that time?
OOC: Apparently you've never seen a drunk person.

OOC: I have...and sometimes it's impossible to tell, other than by the smell on their breath, that they ARE drunk.

Lu Empire did not commit to any rash act. Like any sovereign nation they retaliated in forceful words when their sovereignty was threatened. They are not the aggressors here.

They will be if they fire the first shot.

The Empire encourages talks between Lu and Yamato to resume.. both to declare peace.. and talks continue without the discussion of trading land in the agreement. Yamato has suffiicent land for its population. There is absolutely no need to have an expansionist policy. Before they even accuse the Empire of being expansionist.. we have not expanded. We have only added states diplomatically. There is a huge difference between expansion by war, and a community of states coming into collusion under one banner in that one is a step towards chaos, the other a step towards unifying peace.

I mean its patently ridiculous.. despite what anyone may say here about blaming Lu for waffling on this deal, even though it was bad form, it is clear where the aggression lies. Where I come from you don't shoot people from backing out of a contract they feel detrimental to their well being.. unless the contract is signed, then you have a complaint.

The Empire and its allies are fully authorized to defend Lu Empire from cross border aggression. If such aggression occurs, a counterstrike will be authorized also.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex