TORN Q&A

Catface

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is abandoning, or leaving, however you want to call it, NPO and co. seen as the right move to you still? If you could, would you have dealt with the situation differently? Also, Rach coming back to CN is the best thing to happen to this game since nukes.

Edited by The AUT

Is abandoning, or leaving, however you want to call it, NPO and co. seen as the right move to you still? If you could, would you have dealt with the situation differently? Also, Rach coming back to CN is the best thing to happen to this game since nukes.

I wasn't government during the war, but I can tell you that I believe those who were in government made the most informed decision they could at the time. I don't see the need to speculate on how things could have been different, because it doesn't change anything and would be a waste of all of our time. Honestly, the whole situation was a sticky one - there was a lot of membership versus government, and a lot of miscommunication in general. It was a difficult time, and obviously a lot has changed for TORN since then.

i feel like i'm asking questions for a council election ;_;

1. do you miss me?

2. habs suck, yes or @#$% yes?

3. what alliance would you currently want TORN to most emulate in terms of success in growth and influence?

Greeeeat!

What are you opinions on Frostbite, Citadel, Superfriends and CnG?

-Frostbite - We don't actually know them that well but some of them sure do seem to post about us a lot. :P

-Citadel - Citadel is definitely growing on us.

-Superfriends - We really don't talk to them much.

-CnG - Anything with MK must be full of win.

i feel like i'm asking questions for a council election ;_;

1. do you miss me?

2. habs suck, yes or @#$% yes?

3. what alliance would you currently want TORN to most emulate in terms of success in growth and influence?

1. You have no idea <3

2. My initial response was going to be "wtf are habs?" Luckily, SC was able to answer that question for me. In his own words:

<@SleepingCanuck> and they do suck.

A sleeping triumvir woke up to tell us that habs suck. So the official TORN response is: @#$% yes, habs suck.

3. I'm sure that this answer might vary significantly depending on who you talk to. From an FA standpoint, I have a lot of respect for MK and how they've managed things politically.

Opinion of Planet Express?

Well, we really don't know much about you guys. Seems like you're off to a good start, though.

Also, hi zoom. :)

:wub: Rach86 :wub:

\oo/

Predictions for this years Red River Rivalry?

Also, What are some of the major changes, outside of gov structure, that were brought about in the re-written charter?

UT - 45, OU - 35. Honestly, I'm so bogged down in chemistry work that I have no idea what the matchup looks like. I'll leave the predictions to someone who knows what they're talking about. I'm mostly in it for the game watching and beer drinking anyway. ;)

Well, the gov structure really IS the major change. The power structure within the alliance has never been quite like this. It's changed how government interacts with each other and how government interacts with members. Triumvirs run their respective departments, and members are given much more responsibility in helping us do day to day tasks. This allows us to remain close to membership and naturally get a lot of feedback from them.

Beyond that, the new charter doesn't include many things that were included in the old charter. But fear not - we just put our nuclear policies, raiding policies, etc. into doctrines instead. So that's not really a major change.

It's possible that I'm missing something here, so I'll post again if I remember something really significant.

Edited by Rach86

I love you all, do you love me? :laugh:

From the bottom of my cold black heart.

Do you still love us because we love you?

We never stopped!

What is love? baby don't hurt me

Honesty.

Does bigwoody realize that I've had his Tower in our channel forclosed on and scheduled for demolition due to non-occupancy?

Its foreclosed because you moved it to Detroit.

Do you miss me :wub:

Like mad. :wub:

What do you think of TLC, TJO, NSO, and FAN

tLC - There's been a lot of tension there. Not sure on the exact details of what happened before a lot of our ex-gov members headed to tLC, but it obviously wasn't good. The situation is unfortunate, but they did a lot for TORN before they left, and their leaving prompted the major changes that have happened recently in TORN. We'll always be thankful for their time with us, and for the changes they influenced. Hopefully we can find some common ground in the future and restore that relationship, at least with our ex-comrades.

TJO - We don't know much about them.

NSO - Well, everyone has an opinion, right? They've already proven to be an alliance that likes to push buttons, but we're not yet sure if that's a good or a bad thing. It really depends on their overall goals for the future. Seems like they have the potential to make some major changes on Bob.

FAN - TORN has always had respect for FAN based on military talent, but there's not much of a relationship there now.