TORN Q&A

Catface

Since the start of the war TORN has lost a lot of members and NS, what are the primary contributing factors in your opinion?

Both FoB and TORN love to raid, who is better at it? :awesome:

In my opinion, it was mainly frustration. There was a disconnect between membership and government, and while it was unintentional, it was definitely a problem. There were a number of differing opinions on a number of issues that came up during and after the war, and I think that in general there was a lot of miscommunication. The new government structure is an effort to close the gap between government and membership, among other things.

TORN of course, but we would never deny your mad skillz. :P

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, it was mainly frustration. There was a disconnect between membership and government, and while it was unintentional, it was definitely a problem. There were a number of differing opinions on a number of issues that came up during and after the war, and I think that in general there was a lot of miscommunication. The new government structure is an effort to close the gap between government and membership, among other things.

TORN of course, but we would never deny your mad skillz. :P

So how goes the process of bringing together membership and government? Any alliance making an honest effort to do such receives my own personal appreciation. I honestly hope such is going well.

tLC - There's been a lot of tension there. Not sure on the exact details of what happened before a lot of our ex-gov members headed to tLC, but it obviously wasn't good. The situation is unfortunate, but they did a lot for TORN before they left, and their leaving prompted the major changes that have happened recently in TORN. We'll always be thankful for their time with us, and for the changes they influenced. Hopefully we can find some common ground in the future and restore that relationship, at least with our ex-comrades.

As one of the ex-torn gov that left, I can share my personal reasons. Last Novemeber/December I had to leave CN for RL reasons, and I came back end of January and I was bored. I spent some time looking at various alliances, even going to the point of talking to actual members of those alliances about the community of them in an effort to find a place i felt i would fit instead of alliance hopping till I found one, but I couldn't find anyplace. Hannah had then told TORN gov that she was likely to be leaving to form an alliance with some friends. Since I had gotten along well with Hannah I thought it might be a good place for me to go, so i decided that once they formed I would join up.

I can't speak for anybody else that left, but when you tie in 2 prominent government members leaving with some of the internal drama, and you get the sinking ship syndrome. TORN has dealt with very similar situations in the past and has come out for the better and i believe they are doing what is needed right now and everything will end up for the better. I know there is likely some grudges against myself and others who have left, but i have zero dislike for anybody in TORN and I still respect them very much and i wish them the best.

Edited by Kung Fu Geeks

If you had to move to any other color, what would it be and why?

If you could join any other bloc (economic or military, doesn't matter), who would it be and why?

what was the most fun you guys (and gals) have ever had in this game?

Edited by Hyperion321

If you had to move to any other color, what would it be and why?

If you could join any other bloc (economic or military, doesn't matter), who would it be and why?

what was the most fun you guys (and gals) have ever had in this game?

Gray, its shiny.

No blocs interest us at the moment, afaik. We're fine without one.

IRC shens, of course. If you mean strictly cn-wise, speaking for myself, I'd have to say the gs war and wotc. felt so good.

What other changes is TORN making to re-invigorate it's member base? How else are you going to re-invent yourself to combat the exodus of some of your members?

Internally we have been trying several strategies to reinvigorate the membership. To begin with, we started an alliance wide program in which we're moving around quite a bit of money and tech. This serves to increase the activity of small and large nations alike. In addition to this, the introduction of trivia into #torn has been a surprisingly big success. We've seen a lot of members sticking around to play this. Further, elections tend to get people active, so the monthly election served to be a bit of an activity booster as well.

In FA, government (specifically me) is trying to keep in closer touch with the ambassadors so that they understand TORN's goals and feel confident representing us to other alliances. I've encouraged them to take the initiative when it comes to alliances they'd like to get to know, and in general I'd like them to feel more comfortable voicing their opinions.

We're hoping that these changes along with the structural changes will produce a better alliance environment.

So how goes the process of bringing together membership and government? Any alliance making an honest effort to do such receives my own personal appreciation. I honestly hope such is going well.

So far, it's going really well. We have a really great core membership; hopefully with increasing activity and the introduction of new blood the positive changes will keep on coming.

What does TORN hope to accomplish on Planet Bob?

Also, i miss you guys and good luck :)

World domination. :P

We hope that fostering a more cohesive internal community will translate into greater FA stability and stronger relationships with other alliances.

What are your post war opinions on the Hegemony alliances, such as TPF, NPO, Echelon, IRON, GGA?

We were close with TPF and NPO for quite a long time. The relationships we held with them began deteriorating long before the war. Unfortunately, these things happen, and we must look to the future. Quite simply, we wish them the best of luck.

Echelon is not really an alliance we've ever been close with, but this war has shown them to be loyal to allies, and that deserves respect.

IRON and GGA are still considered close allies of TORN. Quite frankly, we :wub: them.

As one of the ex-torn gov that left, I can share my personal reasons. Last Novemeber/December I had to leave CN for RL reasons, and I came back end of January and I was bored. I spent some time looking at various alliances, even going to the point of talking to actual members of those alliances about the community of them in an effort to find a place i felt i would fit instead of alliance hopping till I found one, but I couldn't find anyplace. Hannah had then told TORN gov that she was likely to be leaving to form an alliance with some friends. Since I had gotten along well with Hannah I thought it might be a good place for me to go, so i decided that once they formed I would join up.

I can't speak for anybody else that left, but when you tie in 2 prominent government members leaving with some of the internal drama, and you get the sinking ship syndrome. TORN has dealt with very similar situations in the past and has come out for the better and i believe they are doing what is needed right now and everything will end up for the better. I know there is likely some grudges against myself and others who have left, but i have zero dislike for anybody in TORN and I still respect them very much and i wish them the best.

:wub: kfg.

Ok, it's been a long holiday weekend and work has been kicking me in the rear. I need some sleep. Goodnight, all. :)

Edited by Rach86

World domination. :P

You stole that from me. Like ages ago. :P

I also think I am qualified to answer this one:

1. Why did you let Sam into government?

You see, behind closed doors, which were just a tad open, Sam and Bigwoody had fun polishing wooden boats together, and he decided to let Sam into the sekrit back room where all the government things are, which include larger wooden boats to polish.

You stole that from me. Like ages ago. :P

I also think I am qualified to answer this one:

You see, behind closed doors, which were just a tad open, Sam and Bigwoody had fun polishing wooden boats together, and he decided to let Sam into the sekrit back room where all the government things are, which include larger wooden boats to polish.

These boats intrigue me...

We were close with TPF and NPO for quite a long time. The relationships we held with them began deteriorating long before the war. Unfortunately, these things happen, and we must look to the future. Quite simply, we wish them the best of luck.

Long before the war is news to me.