TORN Q&A

Catface

Long before the war is news to me.

Someone it is not news to is me. On a membership level, it is indeed the case. I was the one coming to the defense of those alliances, and thus in internal review of events, I quite openly took blame upon myself for allowing things to break down as far as they did without cutting several treaties, in fact, more than just those two.

While I have taken a step back from top leadership in favor of real life obligations, I am fully behind the objective of our new government that we will not allow that to happen again. Treaties we keep going forward will be based on mutual respect and friendship down from government all the way to a base membership level, and most of all trust. All of our allies are aware of this, as we are reviewing all of our obligations, and will keep those treaties which are strong on both ends now and long into the future. I've learned from my own mistakes and am hellbent on them not being repeated.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigwoody, now that Billy Mays is like... um... dead, are you going to respect him and take him out of your signatures?

Also, how big is His Royal Thickness's "cannon"?

Hmm, since Duckroll was defended as a bloc I have to ask this. What kind of bloc do you really think Duckroll is? Does it or does it not have defensive measures written in to it?

Quick question: Why do you hate Fark so much?

Loaded question. (Wait huh?)

bigwoody, now that Billy Mays is like... um... dead, are you going to respect him and take him out of your signatures?

I don't see it as disrespectful?

EDIT: If you are truly offended by the presence of Billy Mays in my signature, feel free to find me in private.

Edited by bigwoody

Hmm, since Duckroll was defended as a bloc I have to ask this. What kind of bloc do you really think Duckroll is? Does it or does it not have defensive measures written in to it?

Duckroll may be classified as an "other" bloc. The redundant treaties between individual alliances make any defensive clause within Duckroll irrelevant, since the individual treaties already cover that. The Duckroll treaty signifies the unification of military power, and the coordination with which we will approach military situations.

Duckroll may be classified as an "other" bloc. The redundant treaties between individual alliances make any defensive clause within Duckroll irrelevant, since the individual treaties already cover that. The Duckroll treaty signifies the unification of military power, and the coordination with which we will approach military situations.

Or atleast hope to. Right?

We were close with TPF and NPO for quite a long time. The relationships we held with them began deteriorating long before the war. Unfortunately, these things happen, and we must look to the future. Quite simply, we wish them the best of luck.

Echelon is not really an alliance we've ever been close with, but this war has shown them to be loyal to allies, and that deserves respect.

If your relationship with your allies was deteriorating for so long before the war did this poor relationship have a bigger influence on your decision to leave the war than the advice to leave the war from the same allies you no longer had a good relationship with?

We were close with TPF and NPO for quite a long time. The relationships we held with them began deteriorating long before the war. ............IRON and GGA are still considered close allies of TORN. Quite frankly, we :wub: them.

What a coincidence that these two allies you still love are the ones in or moving into peoples good books at the moment while the 2 alliances you name as poor allies are the two left in the war. Im sorry if this all sounds very cynical, but I'm a cynic.

I'm not in a position to answer these fully, but I think I need to clear something up, Alterego. TORN has loved IRON since the beginning of TORN's existence in 2007. To imply we're just codling up to IRON just because their in people's "good books" would be silly, inappropriate, and show a severe misunderstanding of IRON and TORN's relationship.

We always have, and always will :wub: IRON.

I'm not in a position to answer these fully, but I think I need to clear something up, Alterego. TORN has loved IRON since the beginning of TORN's existence in 2007. To imply we're just codling up to IRON just because their in people's "good books" would be silly, inappropriate, and show a severe misunderstanding of IRON and TORN's relationship.

We always have, and always will :wub: IRON.

This needs to be emphasized quite a bit. Many don't realize exactly how precarious a position TORN was in during our founding. IRON stepped up for us. We literally owe our existence to them. Trying to portray our continued close relationship with IRON as motivated by the politics of the day, something that can shift at any moment anyways, is not cynicism, it is ignorance.

Edited by bigwoody

A bit of a controversial question but I'll ask it anyways.

TORN used to be always sort of bullies who liked to brag a lot and loved to war. However since the pulling out on the last war, for whatever reasons, TORN appears to be a lot more understanding and conciliatory. Is this due in part to the reforms you're undertaking? Behing humbled? Or both?

1. You have no idea <3

2. My initial response was going to be "wtf are habs?" Luckily, SC was able to answer that question for me. In his own words:

<@SleepingCanuck> and they do suck.

A sleeping triumvir woke up to tell us that habs suck. So the official TORN response is: @#$% yes, habs suck.

3. I'm sure that this answer might vary significantly depending on who you talk to. From an FA standpoint, I have a lot of respect for MK and how they've managed things politically.

Well, we really don't know much about you guys. Seems like you're off to a good start, though.

Also, hi zoom. :)

UT - 45, OU - 35. Honestly, I'm so bogged down in chemistry work that I have no idea what the matchup looks like. I'll leave the predictions to someone who knows what they're talking about. I'm mostly in it for the game watching and beer drinking anyway. ;)

Well, the gov structure really IS the major change. The power structure within the alliance has never been quite like this. It's changed how government interacts with each other and how government interacts with members. Triumvirs run their respective departments, and members are given much more responsibility in helping us do day to day tasks. This allows us to remain close to membership and naturally get a lot of feedback from them.

Beyond that, the new charter doesn't include many things that were included in the old charter. But fear not - we just put our nuclear policies, raiding policies, etc. into doctrines instead. So that's not really a major change.

It's possible that I'm missing something here, so I'll post again if I remember something really significant.

Rach, I'll take care of that prediction for you. First, I agree with you that the 'Horns will take it yet again this year. However, I feel that the defenses will actually keep the teams out of the endzone a couple of times this year. :o.

Bevo-31

Boomer Sooner-28

Cats > Dogs, true or false?

Very true. Cats are cleaner, smarter, and altogether easier to take care of. Plus, every few days or so, they bring you a present! Oh, that reminds me...

/me goes to clean up the dead squirrel on his front porch. >_<

What percentage or absolute amount of our reparations will TORN be offering to pay?

What percent of your common sense got shot off in the war?

Also Why did Catface post this :)?

I figured there would be questions after our recent charter/gov redux. Looks like I was right. :)

Or atleast hope to. Right?

That statement is fair, yes.

If your relationship with your allies was deteriorating for so long before the war did this poor relationship have a bigger influence on your decision to leave the war than the advice to leave the war from the same allies you no longer had a good relationship with?

I'll attempt to get someone who was a part of that decision to address this for you. I fear that any attempt made by me would be unsatisfying.

A bit of a controversial question but I'll ask it anyways.

TORN used to be always sort of bullies who liked to brag a lot and loved to war. However since the pulling out on the last war, for whatever reasons, TORN appears to be a lot more understanding and conciliatory. Is this due in part to the reforms you're undertaking? Behing humbled? Or both?

Both. The situation during the war was humbling; it highlighted the inefficiencies within TORN and how we needed to change to better ourselves for the future. The reforms we've undertaken are in response to these issues, and hopefully we can rebuild our alliance and our image.

How is the new TORN different from the old TORN? :v:

Different people, different attitudes, different organization.