Character RP

Firestorm

I assume you're talking about RPing in CNRP without a nation and not making a new RP world in this forum. I'm pretty sure you can do whatever in people's nations if you have their consent. So if you got rid of your nation and someone felt like inviting you to, you could RP a rebellion in their nation, one of their government officials, a guy who slashes tires in one of their cities for kicks, whatever. It's up to whoever's territory it is you feel like playing in.

Unless you want to play in a white area, then I don't know how people feel about that.

Sure you can RP a character in the world either in white space or in someones nation(with their consent). Though most will allow it, me personally I wouldn't object to someone playing in Greater Croatia provided they don't go causing massive unrest without prior consent.

It’s entirely possible to play character(s) without a nation in CNRP, you just can’t play in someone else’s territory without permission (if you’re vague enough about your location it will never be an issue).

Be a dignitary at international events, it’ll be fun.

I think you've got your answer, Firestorm...yes, it is permissible to RP characters exclusively without a nation. In fact, Sumeragi did that for quite a while. She has experience in that, after having two previous nations rolled.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

precedent see : Margrave, Sumeragi, and to a lesser extent Generalissimo

Both Margrave & Sumeragi have done character RPs without a CNRP nation. While Generalissimo does almost entirely character RP even with a nation. :awesome:

I'll be honest.. I'm bored out of my knob with CNRP, again. Even the ruckus going on in Africa bores me. Nation RP really just has no appeal to me, and I'm curious if we are required to have a nation to be able to Role play here in CNRP.

It wouldn't be so boring if the world had let us continue being the bad guys...

I think I have the record for longest time of RPing without a nation, which was three months (between the fall of DKT and rise of AU).

Basically, as LVN had been banging into me after my banning from the map, you can RP without a nation. It's just that you have more restrictions, needing approval of where you can RP beforehand.

And no, Bob can't come to Yamato :P

Bad guys are cool, but not the nords. They take the grand prize for being the quickest ragequiters in RP ever.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEQUITx2," screams Nordies.

Take a lesson from Zarfef, he knows he's gonna get creamed, but he is still fighting and fighting quite well.

Bad guys are cool, but not the nords. They take the grand prize for being the quickest ragequiters in RP ever.

Take a lesson from Zarfef, he knows he's gonna get creamed, but he is still fighting and fighting quite well.

Yes, he sure is, ain't he?

Firestorm, stop, now. If I see one more comment like that, I'm going to report you. Remember, some of us are still here, and Merger and Vektor are the only ones that left. Martens, Reimer and I are still here, and I have no intention of ragequitting. In fact, I was one who was against the whole damn ragequitting in the first place.

Oh btw, I do fight until I'm beaten, look at all the wars I've been in. When I was invaded in the Baltic, I knew I was gonna get destroyed, but I surrendered like a good Frenchie. In the Hudson, I fought until I got destroyed. So quit being an annoyance.

Firestorm, stop, now. If I see one more comment like that, I'm going to report you. Remember, some of us are still here, and Merger and Vektor are the only ones that left. Martens, Reimer and I are still here, and I have no intention of ragequitting. In fact, I was one who was against the whole damn ragequitting in the first place.

Oh btw, I do fight until I'm beaten, look at all the wars I've been in. When I was invaded in the Baltic, I knew I was gonna get destroyed, but I surrendered like a good Frenchie. In the Hudson, I fought until I got destroyed. So quit being an annoyance.

Are you absolutely kidding me?

I'll save my actual response for IRC where I can get away with saying what I really think. Until then good job Frenchie.

It’s entirely possible to play character(s) without a nation in CNRP, you just can’t play in someone else’s territory without permission (if you’re vague enough about your location it will never be an issue).

This pretty much sums up my own opinion on the matter.

It is not unjustified, and OOC hate like this is the reason that we left. While I have no problem with the entirety of our downfall and the invasion of our lands, as it was inevitable that the world would one day find us too belligerent and bring down their grand hammer of justice upon us, it was done for too many OOC reasons. Sarah said that she coordinated it because we were arrogant, you have done nothing but flame us OOC and IC, Margrave has stated that if Vektor ever creates another nation in RP, he will find a way to bring him down. OOC hatred is something that I cannot deal with, and yet it is in abundance in this RP, and that is why we left.

Subtle, I doubt the Nords will ever rise again. For one, Nordland is a cursed name, since it has fallen several times now... Second people now have us all marked as evil, as I've stated above, and if we were to merge or some of us try to get land, it will be seen as imperialist and we will be brought down. Right now several are trying to bring down the Martens family, and let's face it, Martens is really the one who you think of when you think Nordland or Nordreich or anything to do with the Nords, correct? Without Martens, new Nordlands will be imposters.

Another thing that I found odd was that everybody always loved the Nordlanders of Martens and Reimer when they were fighting against the UFE and the FPB, but then when those same people in the UFE go and join the Nordland, we have OOC hatred for the Nordland? Something there is not right.