Character RP

Firestorm

It is not unjustified, and OOC hate like this is the reason that we left. While I have no problem with the entirety of our downfall and the invasion of our lands, as it was inevitable that the world would one day find us too belligerent and bring down their grand hammer of justice upon us, it was done for too many OOC reasons. Sarah said that she coordinated it because we were arrogant, you have done nothing but flame us OOC and IC, Margrave has stated that if Vektor ever creates another nation in RP, he will find a way to bring him down. OOC hatred is something that I cannot deal with, and yet it is in abundance in this RP, and that is why we left.

Honestly, there has not been much flaming. Firestorm's post wasn't a flame. Honestly, it's exactly what I was thinking. You all barely fought before you collapsed and for at least a few, quit. At least Reimer, Martens, Vince and Centurius didn't storm off the second things weren't looking good. They stayed, and went with the flow. You are taking the truth as hate, and frankly, it's a mite annoying.

Subtle, I doubt the Nords will ever rise again. For one, Nordland is a cursed name, since it has fallen several times now... Second people now have us all marked as evil, as I've stated above, and if we were to merge or some of us try to get land, it will be seen as imperialist and we will be brought down. Right now several are trying to bring down the Martens family, and let's face it, Martens is really the one who you think of when you think Nordland or Nordreich or anything to do with the Nords, correct? Without Martens, new Nordlands will be imposters.

Martens has left before, and will probably leave again, but he has always come back, and Nordland always reforms. It's like a clock.

Another thing that I found odd was that everybody always loved the Nordlanders of Martens and Reimer when they were fighting against the UFE and the FPB, but then when those same people in the UFE go and join the Nordland, we have OOC hatred for the Nordland? Something there is not right.

It's called a trend. It's formed when someone/ a group of people get used to power, and chase it around. Then they get mad when people stay tired of their same, irritating routine.

I also found it a bit odd that Nordland wasn't nearly as controversial and bound to certain less than desirable deeds before the former UFE people went and stapled themselves on to Nordland. Weird coincidence, it's like the same handful of people running away from their problems by forcing people to not be able to get back at them, and then repeating the process by doing the exact same things. It's almost as if people are getting tired of them using a game mechanic to get away with things and never really having to loose or *gasp* learn their lesson. Well then, I guess you must be cursed, that's the only logical explaination.

It's been really bothering me how people seem to be trying to get as much sympathy as possible after this whole Nordland incident. Whining about how awful everything is for them. How much everyone hates them, backed up by oh so little evidence. Making sure everyone knows all the trouble they've had lately. Honestly, it pisses me off.

You dug yourself into a hole, and can't handle that you cannot dig yourself out of it. Now deal with it, or quit again. I'm tired of anyone whining, take your lumps and re-roll. I was ready to fight to the death in this last war. I expected fully to get completely annexed, and have to re-roll. I was coming up with new plans for a new nation already before the war turned around. The secret to doing well in this game is not getting too attached to anything. It's a game, it's not real, and people will take things away from you. It's better to go with the flow than sit in your corner and cry about how much it sucks.

Deal with it and stop trying to blame everything on other people.

-ITDA out

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

It is not unjustified, and OOC hate like this is the reason that we left. While I have no problem with the entirety of our downfall and the invasion of our lands, as it was inevitable that the world would one day find us too belligerent and bring down their grand hammer of justice upon us, it was done for too many OOC reasons. Sarah said that she coordinated it because we were arrogant, you have done nothing but flame us OOC and IC, Margrave has stated that if Vektor ever creates another nation in RP, he will find a way to bring him down. OOC hatred is something that I cannot deal with, and yet it is in abundance in this RP, and that is why we left.

Subtle, I doubt the Nords will ever rise again. For one, Nordland is a cursed name, since it has fallen several times now... Second people now have us all marked as evil, as I've stated above, and if we were to merge or some of us try to get land, it will be seen as imperialist and we will be brought down. Right now several are trying to bring down the Martens family, and let's face it, Martens is really the one who you think of when you think Nordland or Nordreich or anything to do with the Nords, correct? Without Martens, new Nordlands will be imposters.

Another thing that I found odd was that everybody always loved the Nordlanders of Martens and Reimer when they were fighting against the UFE and the FPB, but then when those same people in the UFE go and join the Nordland, we have OOC hatred for the Nordland? Something there is not right.

For the record, any hate I held was purely IC. You guys were (and still are) :awesome: RP'ers when you get going.

And IC-wise, my nation hated anything to do with the Nords long before they began fighting the UFE and FPB.

Nordism isn't a clock, its a bad smell that won't go away.

How about we meet half way and say it's a cuckoo clock with an angry skunk on the end instead of a little bird

Though, I must say, Nordland isn't all bad, they just were evil this time around. I was allied with the Nordland before that one, and have nothing against most of the Nordland RPers.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Honestly, there has not been much flaming. Firestorm's post wasn't a flame. Honestly, it's exactly what I was thinking. You all barely fought before you collapsed and for at least a few, quit. At least Reimer, Martens, Vince and Centurius didn't storm off the second things weren't looking good. They stayed, and went with the flow. You are taking the truth as hate, and frankly, it's a mite annoying.

Everyone continues to say that the Nordlanders 'stormed off' as soon as they declared war. We did not, we held a peace conference, and we were preparing for several days as to how to defend, and had much of it laid out, then Malatose concocted a grand scheme that would have provided more benefits to us than it would have ailed us. He made an RP that was just in line with the character that his leader was, and launched several weapons of mass destruction, then committed suicide. Really there has never been someone more insane and powerful than Scolar Visari was in this RP, and that is something that he did quite in line with his character.

Then, after that was done, everyone was satisfied, Nordland broke up, Germany became a democracy, and the other states returned to their previous business, meanwhile most of the aggressors in that war were satisfied, minus a select few with a grudge against us, namely Slavorussia and the rest of the TEC, most of whom wanted land. Slavorussia's claim I feel was justified, he wanted his pre-war land back, but I digress.

Anyway, one night, Vektor and I were talking and discussing things which I won't bring up here so as to not bring up more OOC hate directed at us. Soon thereafter, he left, leaving his land to me, then I left, leaving my land to BR. While Vektor is not yet ready to return to RP, I feel like I can and am currently waiting for the land in Europe thread to advance so that I may request my nation's sovereignty.

A couple of other things, there has been flaming. You can't argue that someone declaring to Vektor that he would find a way to destroy his nation, wherever it is in RP is not OOC hatred. Second, I wouldn't describe our leaders or ourselves as crazy or insane or anything else like that, we conquered Europe except for the very western portion, which I was content to leave in Penchuk's possession for reasons that if he retained control of it, that was a little less coastline to defend, and northern Scandinavia. We were the most powerful nation in the world for the time of our existence, and probably if more of us had owned the will to fight, it would have been one hell of a war.

Firestorm, I thought you were better than this.

For the record, I've always liked [Nordland & its roleplayers) as well. But I think that in the end, even if the members of Nordland went under a different merger name and a different government, more likely than not someone would find a reason to attack them.

This thread has most definetly served its purpose. Wise would be a mod to lock.

OK, come on, Firestorm, we get you don't like them, but even I'm having trouble seeing whether that dislike is IC or OOC.

It's actually a lot of both and it isn't hatred.

It's contempt mixed with disdain.

Edited by Firestorm

Firestorm you make up some characters to rp in Slavorussia, as long as it's not that damn goat! It would be fun to have some unpredictability in my country.

I was one of Nordland'ss first antagonist, mainly because our territorial ambitions conflicted. I started the club, and everyone else are just posers, lol. I was kind of allied to the UFE, it was an alliance of conveinience, but your point isn't very strong.

Then, after that was done, everyone was satisfied, Nordland broke up, Germany became a democracy, and the other states returned to their previous business, meanwhile most of the aggressors in that war were satisfied, minus a select few with a grudge against us, namely Slavorussia and the rest of the TEC, most of whom wanted land. Slavorussia's claim I feel was justified, he wanted his pre-war land back, but I digress.

I wouldn't say I'm holding a grudge. I haven't said anything ic or ooc about Nordland since the end of the war. I don't know why you would even say something like that. Should I be offended right now?

Firestorm you make up some characters to rp in Slavorussia, as long as it's not that damn goat! It would be fun to have some unpredictability in my country.

Let me think about what I can come up with. I don't like being involved in to many threads at once. I suggest watching the thread I'm doing with Sarah and you'll see that I have different ideas about rp.

1) I try to avoid peforming autos.

2) I don't like fast forwarding unless everyone agrees to it.

3) I always do my best to avoid performing an action for another character.

I was one of Nordland'ss first antagonist, mainly because our territorial ambitions conflicted. I started the club, and everyone else are just posers, lol. I was kind of allied to the UFE, it was an alliance of conveinience, but your point isn't very strong.

I made it hip to hate Europeans. I'm way cooler than you.

I wouldn't say I'm holding a grudge. I haven't said anything ic or ooc about Nordland since the end of the war. I don't know why you would even say something like that. Should I be offended right now?

I don't hold grudges, but I do exploit opprotunities to make people e-rage as often as possible. That's good fun... :)

Edited by Firestorm