Superpowers?

Velken

As detailed as Heft's description is, it is his opinion. Others, like myself, may argue the definitions he presented. I'm not going to go into great detail, but merely want to point out that the definitions and which alliances fall into which category are up for debate.

I am aware of that but i felt it was well written and could be used as a basis for something similer. Yeah the definitions would be/are debatable depending on each persons POV but clearly the main debate would be over the various alliances and which category they fit in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a few superpower bloc-alliances coming into view.

Frostbite w/ C&G comes to mind, the two have strong ties through various treaties among member alliances

Citadel will always be a player.

Superfriends is gaining strength.

Wouldn't bloc-alliances be consider hyperpowers? considering that they are made up of alliances instead of just a lone single allinace.

I agree with Heft in every regard, down to which alliances fit which description. Never any hyperpowers unless you consider GATO one right after the GATO-INC war, where GATO was truly the only alliance.

there are a few superpower bloc-alliances coming into view.

Frostbite w/ C&G comes to mind, the two have strong ties through various treaties among member alliances

Citadel will always be a player.

Superfriends is gaining strength.

There are many powers in the game right now. Frostbite + C&G, SuperFriends, Citadel, and a few other strong blocs. Because of this "power void" you would imagine that there would be a cold war between some of these blocs. This "cold war" will eventually lead to a world war which will ultimately decide which 1, 2, or 3 blocs will be the Superpower. NOIR and Poseidon/Pegasus could also be a player too btw.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

There are many powers in the game right now. Frostbite + C&G, SuperFriends, Citadel, and a few other strong blocs. Because of this "power void" you would imagine that there would be a cold war between some of these blocs. This "cold war" will eventually lead to a world war which will ultimately decide which 1, 2, or 3 blocs will be the Superpower. NOIR and Poseidon/Pegasus could also be a player too btw.

I wouldn't call NOIR a "major player" as it's designed more around economics and friendly relations among the black sphere alliances than it is about pushing an agenda. The ODP, imo, is mainly there in emergency cases such as unnecessarily unfair/aggressive attacks on the black sphere and to provide general security from such aggression.

I think a superpower could easily be classified as any alliance with an extreme advantage in NS, numbers, nukes, wonders, and allies.

Basically, TOP :P

But those are the biggest factors. Stats and allies make a decent superpower in this game.

Poseidon/Pegasus is beat up from the war

Poseidon/Pegasus is beat up from the war

What I ment was that Poseidon/Pegasus will be allied to one side which could detirmine the fate of the next "war". Each bloc will be important in some way or fashion. Since Poseidon and Pegasus equal about 18,000,000 NS combined, they will be very important even though they got kicked around a bit in the war.

What I ment was that Poseidon/Pegasus will be allied to one side which could detirmine the fate of the next "war". Each bloc will be important in some way or fashion. Since Poseidon and Pegasus equal about 18,000,000 NS combined, they will be very important even though they got kicked around a bit in the war.

Very true Ryan, I feel Poseidon/Pegasus are oft overlooked.

Very true Ryan, I feel Poseidon/Pegasus are oft overlooked.

LEO has 2000 nukes more than Poseidon.

LEO and chestnut are underrated too. But I agree Poseidon will also be an important factor.

Edited by Timmehhh

Basically, TOP :P

But those are the biggest factors. Stats and allies make a decent superpower in this game.

I like to think of superpowers as a nation (alliance ig) that controls such a degree of power it successfully influences others in its way(as both the US/USSR did, and much of the reason the U.S. is not liked throughout much of the middle east) Because of this, I would like to think that TOP is not a Superpower, and believe that the membership of TOP has no intent on becoming such.

LEO has 2000 nukes more than Poseidon.

LEO and chestnut are underrated too. But I agree Poseidon will also be an important factor.

Yes, people underestimate LEO, Chestnut, and Poseidon. All of these blocs will play an important role throughout the lead uo to the next war.

That wiki article needs some serious revision. GATO is listed as an hegemonic power in what was arguably the period where another alliance (NPO) displayed the closest behavior to what you would call a hyperpower/superpower. GATO has never held a position of leadership throughout its history. It was the NPO that led the GATO-Legion-NPO troika in the "Classical Age". It was LUE that was the driving force of the CoaLUEtion. Arguably, the one moment in its history where GATO attempted to display leadership was in the aftermath of GWII - and that basically got them destroyed along with their allies.

Tempted to edit the article myself, but I'll let you judge its value.

That wiki article needs some serious revision. GATO is listed as an hegemonic power in what was arguably the period where another alliance (NPO) displayed the closest behavior to what you would call a hyperpower/superpower. GATO has never held a position of leadership throughout its history. It was the NPO that led the GATO-Legion-NPO troika in the "Classical Age". It was LUE that was the driving force of the CoaLUEtion. Arguably, the one moment in its history where GATO attempted to display leadership was in the aftermath of GWII - and that basically got them destroyed along with their allies.

Tempted to edit the article myself, but I'll let you judge its value.

Unless i am mistaken their was a point were Gato was the only alliance or the only functional alliance in CN making it the de facto world leader.