Goin' to the Chapel and we're gonna get married.

In February 2009, I began to think -- have I really explored all the options and have I truly explored everywhere? Well, I received my answer shortly after consulting with some friends. I decided to start drawing up plans to start my own alliance. It took quite a bit of on/off planning, but its finally completed.

Without further ado... the existence of Hanayome is declared.

hanayomeflag.png

Charter of Hanayome

I. Preamble

Hanayome means bride. By declaring this existence and this document, we have married Planet Bob and we hope this

relationship will be long and fruitful. Hanayome formed on this day, June 10, 2009. Hanayome, based on a solid

hard-working core of members, friends and others from many backgrounds and alliances. Hanayome believes in quality

over quantity members. We reside on the blue sphere, however, we can accept all colors and backgrounds.

II. Headquarters

* Forums: Hanayome Forums

* IRC: #hanayome @ irc.Coldfront.net

III. Membership

The following is a membership application template.

* 1. My ruler name is:

* 2. My nation name is:

* 3. My current strength:

* 4. Past alliances:

* 5. Who can vouch for you?*

* 6. Wars I am currently in:

* 7. My nation link:

* 8. Color Sphere?

* 9. Have you read the Charter?

* 10. Do you promise not to techraid any nation?

* 11. Have you set your AA to HanaApp?

* You must have a vouch by a current member to join.

IV. Government Structure

- Emperor is a position for life and is in-charge of maintaining a good public image of Hanayome. The Emperor holds

no voting power, however he may overrule actions by the Chancellor and The Directorate when the need calls for it.

- Chancellor, the right-hand to the Emperor, is appointed by the Emperor and can be removed by the Emperor. Holds 1

vote on the Hanayome Directorate.

- The Directorate

* Director of Foreign Affairs is in-charge of maintain foreign relations with other alliances. Holds 1 vote on the

Hanayome Directorate.

* Director of Internal Affairs will be in-charge of internal organization, programs and activity checks. Holds 1 vote

on the Hanayome Directorate.

* Director of Military Affairs will be in-charge of all military operations, offensives, alliance ghosts and other

things. Holds 1 vote on the Hanayome Directorate.

* Director of Economic Affairs will be in-charge of the finances, organizing trades and tech deals for the alliance. Holds 1 vote on the Hanayome Directorate.

* All positions on The Directorate will serve two month terms.

* Any member of the alliance may bring a motion of No Confidence on any Director.

-- All evidence must be laid out accordingly in the opening of the Motion.

--- Should the Motion pass with 51% or more of the vote, the Director will be dismissed by the Emperor, who will then

appoint an interim Director.

* All Directors may appoint up to 2 deputies to assist them in any way they see fit.

V. Policy on War, ZI, Tech-Raiding and Expulsion

* War on other alliances can only be declared with the unanimous consent of The Directorate and the blessing of the

Emperor.

* Hanayome forbids tech-raiding. No ifs, ands or buts.

-- Should a member tech-raid, they will be subject to punishment by the Directorate and Chancellor.

* Hanayome doesn't support or condone Perma-ZI (PZI) and Eterna-ZI (EZI).

* Only the most serious of crimes will earn expulsion (i.e. espionage, aid theft, et al). Standard ZI may also be

issued, but only if the expelled party declares war on a Hanayome nation.

VI. Legislative Process, Treaties and Amendments

* Members of Hanayome may propose new Amendments and edits to this Charter at any time. Upon receiving that proposal

or edits, The Emperor, Chancellor and Directorate will discuss and vote in private. Should the vote succeed, it will

be put to vote to the membership. It will require a 60% majority to pass.

* Anything not specifically outlined in this Charter is assumed to be allowed until the Emperor prohibits it.

* Should a treaty of any type be brought forward by another alliance, it will be put to public debate and vote for

the members of the alliance to ratify the treaty. It would require 60% favorable vote to pass.

VII. Ratification

Ratified by the Government of Hanayome

~ Balsamic Vinegar, The First Emperor of Hanayome

Next, our protectorate agreement.

I was happy and thrilled to hear Chimaera would support my dream of this alliance, I could think of no one better

than IAA to protect my alliance. I thank Chimaera, Mathias and many others at IAA who supported my dream.

IAA-HANA Protectorate Pact

Empireflag-small.pnghanayomeflag.png

Preamble

In the interest of friendship, protection, and guidance Imperial Assault Alliance (IAA) and Hanayome (HANA) agree to

the following protectorate agreement.

Article I: Sovereignty

IAA and HANA recognize each other as sovereign and separate alliances.

Article II: Peace and Respect

IAA and HANA will coexist in a state of peace. Neither alliance will attack the other militarily or verbally. Both

alliances will remain respectful towards each other at all times and any differences will be handled via private

discussion.

Article III: Protection and Defense

An attack on HANA will be considered an attack on IAA, and will be met with all available strength in defense. If the

attack is found to be provoked by HANA through political faux-pas, insults, flaming, trolling, spying or just general

asshattery etc, IAA although still reserving the right to defend HANA is under no obligation to. Should IAA find

itself engaged in war, HANA has the right, but not the obligation, to assist in any way possible, including but not

limited to financial and military support.

Article IV: Aggression and Treaty Signing

HANA agrees to alert IAA if they have decided to go on the offensive towards another alliance at least 48 hours

before doing so. HANA will never declare war on another alliance without first discussing it with IAA leadership.

HANA will discuss and get permission from IAA before signing any treaty with another alliance, any failure to do so

can be used as ground to terminate this protectorate.

Article V: Cancellation

Both parties agree to give each other 48 hour notice before canceling this treaty, during which all articles will be

upheld. Any acts of asshattery can result in this treaty to be canceled immediately upon notification.

Signed on behalf of Hanayome:

Balsamic Vinegar, First Emperor of Hanayome

Signed on behalf of the Imperial Assault Alliance:

His Majesty, the Emperor: Chimaera

Grand Vizier: Mathias

Imperial Regent: Krim Xephon

Grand Admiral: MercyFallout

Grand Moff: Stagger_Lee

Galactic Reserve Chairman: Rebirth

Party in #hanayome guys! I hope to see you all there.

Edited by Balsamic Vinegar