Most important global war in CN history

Billionaire

Most important global war in CN history  

412 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If GW2 and GW3 were one option, it would be no contest. A lot of big players were crushed and either disappeared or still haven't recovered, while NPO dominance was established for a long time.

Edited by DogeWilliam

I don't actually see any significance on the World stage left as an impact of the WotC. Polar is severely damaged, but it soon rebuilds. I think the Karma War is the most significant one, as it marks the end of the NPO era.

They were all important in that they each built up to the next one. That said, the ones with the greatest impact on the game were GWI, GWIII, and this one, with UjW below those three but above every other war in history.

All the Global Wars have been very influential, but I believe the Karma War takes the cake by far. The entire global hegemony has been shifted, and there are all new world powers. Planet Bob is never going to be the same Planet Bob it was several months ago. We are all going to be living in a different world, and we shall see the consequences this war has made in the next few months.

GWI, followed by the UJW. Both are still hotly debated by people even today. Nobody really cares about GW2 and 3 except to say "Legion sucked", "yeah that was fun" or "IF ONLY WE NUKED".

Nobody may care about GWII, but considering it more or less played a role in the politics that followed for the next year or two, it's still one of the most significant wars in CN history. It was basically the war that broke most of the NPO's enemies (and thus, kept them from being effective enough to win in GWIII), allowed them to start building the unipolar world they controlled for so long, and greased the wheels for all of the curbstomps that followed. GWIII was the visible beginning of the unchallenged rule of the Initiative, but all of the real groundwork was laid in GWII.

Ultimately, the influence of GWII probably wasn't completely overcome until at LEAST the Coalition War. One could even potentially make the argument that the CURRENT war is only just closing the door that GWII opened, reducing the NPO from "primary power" to "just another player".

GWI, followed by the UJW. Both are still hotly debated by people even today. Nobody really cares about GW2 and 3 except to say "Legion sucked", "yeah that was fun" or "IF ONLY WE NUKED".

I thought NPO won GWI and this was a fact!?

:awesome:

Karma war as this has changed politics/statistics of the game giving it a fresh and interesting new beginning. People can look back to this war and compared. Large scale alliances have never been dramatically moved or changed like this ever before.

War of the Coalition was the beginning of this war it was the last war NPO won and after that it change the minds of many alliance leaders i would put that in second.

I was in UJW though i didn't no too much on the drama there. But i would that in third.

All of them link to the karma war though.

Where the hell do they get these people? Of course they were all important, I am not asking "which one is important". I am asking which is the MOST important.

Your 12th post on this board as this character, most impressive, I see a bright buture for you in FA.. Keep up the good work :)

Nobody may care about GWII, but considering it more or less played a role in the politics that followed for the next year or two, it's still one of the most significant wars in CN history. It was basically the war that broke most of the NPO's enemies (and thus, kept them from being effective enough to win in GWIII), allowed them to start building the unipolar world they controlled for so long, and greased the wheels for all of the curbstomps that followed. GWIII was the visible beginning of the unchallenged rule of the Initiative, but all of the real groundwork was laid in GWII.

Ultimately, the influence of GWII probably wasn't completely overcome until at LEAST the Coalition War. One could even potentially make the argument that the CURRENT war is only just closing the door that GWII opened, reducing the NPO from "primary power" to "just another player".

GWII's importance is somewhat mitigated by the fact that its major influence was on the outcome of GWIII rather than the world at large. Had GWIII simply not happened, or been delayed enough to allow Aegis to regain its footing from the League's loss, the game would have been very different. GWII helped WUT win GWIII fairly easily, but NoCB was a major factor in allowing Karma to win the current war. That doesn't really make it more influential than this war. Even critical stepping stones are still just stepping stones. They are not the finish line.

Toss up between GWIII and Karma. The former as it was, in most people's eyes, the 'ending' of a chapter in the cyberverse (with League/Aegis effectively dissolved as a concept and no longer a political or global contender of power). And in a lot of ways, this current war is following the same trend by dissolving the coined 'Hegemony', effectively opening up a new chapter of politics.

Overall, though, I gotta give it to the Karma war.

Great Wars I, II and III saw the build up of a unipolar power structure centered largely around NPO while the main opposition bloc faded throughout the era until their decisive defeat and removal from political relevance at the climax of GWIII. The aftermath left a single, fairly undisputed and unchecked superpower and triggered the end of an era.

The next set of conflicts began at the first signs of disunity within the sole post-GWIII world superpower, the Initiative. The Unjust War and the War of the Coalition, along with other smaller wars and some non-violent splits (destruction of VE, FAN, UJP formation, Polaris-Pacifica dispute), saw chunks of that victorious power structure from GWIII broken off, perhaps unintentionally, into more manageable pieces. The Karma War seems to be the final bite taken out of the original hegemonic web that was left after GWIII, though one could perhaps argue that a few scattered alliances from that time still remain untouched.

I'd say GWIII and the Karma war are both reasonable answers to the OP's question as they each neatly fit as a climax to the previous two global wars and each appear to have marked the end of an era. I'll admit that it might be a little too soon to be making statements about the Karma War. It might also be a stretch to attempt to fit everything into nice, neat, cookie-cutter trilogies complete with steadily building and related conflict leading to decisive resolutions in the third episode, but that is how I tend to think of them.

GW2 without a doubt. It was in fact a quite pitiful and boring war, but serves as the pivot point for the past two years of history in a way that no other war could hope to claim.

It's way too earlier to say what impact this war will have on the world. It could be and should be more significant than GW2, but we'll only know for sure in time.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Karma War followed closely by the UJW.

Your prediction that "new players will vote Karma War" is partially right. I think some newer players will vote Karma War, but by all means it was the most important war to both new and old. For the first time since pre-GW1, NPO was not the alliance with near complete and utter control over the game.