A question To Ivan.

SithPie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Question for Ivan: Would you be willing to publicly renounce the Moldavi Doctrine, as it has come under a lot of fire recently?

You know....

Before I came back I asked Ivan if the person who trampled all over the doctrine bearing his name could join the NSO.

His answer was, I believe, "You would be welcome."

I think that may answer your question.

Do not underestimate the resolve of the New Pacific Order. Its members are fiercely loyal, and will be back with a vengeance. They are not destroyed by any means.

The Spartan speaks truth. And, that truth reveals another truth: granting NPO an easy, meaningless white peace guarantees that they will return soon, to take vengeance on the Coward's alliance, then on all of Planet Bob who attacked them. If/when NPO loses their sanction, THEN I might consider lenient peace terms to be reasonable.

o/ Truth

o/ Wisdom

The Spartan speaks truth. And, that truth reveals another truth: granting NPO an easy, meaningless white peace guarantees that they will return soon, to take vengeance on the Coward's alliance, then on all of Planet Bob who attacked them. If/when NPO loses their sanction, THEN I might consider lenient peace terms to be reasonable.

o/ Truth

o/ Wisdom

Yes. I was fearing that NPO and their several million NS would come for the 200+ million NS allied against them right after they take out TPF.

Edited by Roadie

Is their still hope for the New Pacific Order?

Hope? What kind of hope? Hope that they can get back to the top and re-establish their hegemony? Or hope that they can adapt to a world where they have to accept and treat others as equals?

If the former, yes. If the latter, no.

This man is a genius. He has revealed the idiocy that is behind every player in Cyber Nations: "I have an opinion, so it must be heard!"

Well, he Did get someone to state they are an idiot in his thread. How often does that happen?

There are more familiar faces to me in the NSO than in the NPO these days. The Old Guard progressively lost power to newer generations, a natural process in history. In a sense, the Moldavi Rebellion was Ivan's last contribution to the Order. It helped clean up the place and get the best out of everyone again. Sadly there was no such event happening before this war.

Well, he Did get someone to state they are an idiot in his thread. How often does that happen?

The Best of Cyber Nations Humor:

CN Player #1: Knock Knock

CN Player #2: It is you that is wrong.

Why do people keep asking about NPO? It should be apparent by now that is just a matter of time before Ivan and the NSO become the new overlords of CN. :P

This here. While I don't think it would be accurate to say that Ivan and NSO will become the new overlords of CN (I'm pretty sure that the current state of flux will keep that from happening), but if there's one thing that I remember both allies and enemies of Ivan back in the old days, and even now, respected him for, it was the fact that he could and did take Planet Bob by the seat of its pants without any hesitation. I don't know whether or not he and the New Sith Order will be the next overlords of CN(That is a matter for Ivan to expound on himself), but I think it's safe to say we can expect great, great things from the New Sith Order.

Edited by Monathin

but if there's one thing that I remember both allies and enemies of Ivan back in the old days, and even now, respected him for, it was the fact that he could and did take Planet Bob by the seat of its pants without any hesitation.

I always find comments like this interesting. Ivan was bombastic, yes. He was inspiring to his allies and even impressive to his enemies. He had the balls to basically speak his mind and bull his way through the political morass by throwing his weight around, even when his weight was less than impressive. And he doesn't seem to have changed all that much.

But most of the really amazing accomplishments of the NPO were because of Dilber, not Ivan.

Ivan helped build up a lot of the Pacifican pride, attitude, and determination, but Dilber was the one who turned the NPO into a political powerhouse. Dilber's work (much of it in back-rooms or behind-the-scenes) did FAR more to establish the NPO dominance over the game post-GWII than anything Ivan did. In fact, when you consider that much of the NPO's later decline corresponds to the time during which Dilber became less active, one has to wonder if the Karma War would have even happened had he still be fully in-control and on his game, or if he'd have fallen into the same sort of complacency the rest of the Order seems to have succumbed to.

Even more interestingly, one could even suggest that the current state of affairs is taking place because a number of talented individuals left the NPO during the Moldavi Rebellion, which also drove a massive wedge between the Orders, so had Ivan not returned after his GWI-era departure, the NPO might actually be in a better position today than it actually is...

Yes, Ivan's a "personality", and his personal charisma tends to draw people to his side and inspire them. But if I had to pick a single individual to take a start-up alliance and build it up to a position of political dominance, I'd probably pick Dilber, or even Sponge, long before I'd pick Ivan.