Proportionality: reps and the new NPO myth that we are "as bad as them."

Azaghul

I'm very glad someone with the know how took the time to write this all up. Many in Karma have been stressing such points to the former hegemony since the war started and to have it laid out so eloquently is wonderful.

I for one look forward to seeing the touted "best economic alliance" in the world handle the payment of some substantial reps.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very glad someone with the know how took the time to write this all up. Many in Karma have been stressing such points to the former hegemony since the war started and to have it laid out so eloquently is wonderful.

I for one look forward to seeing the touted "best economic alliance" in the world handle the payment of some substantial reps.

@ your sig, that was over a year ago, and with kingzog at the helm I am hopeful that NoR will not commit any of the sins of the past, but hey, if it makes you feel better to try to keep me your enemy, go for it.

Very good read, lots of truth and common sense. Hopefully some people will read this and quit with the "OMG TERMS TURN YOU INTO THE MONSTER YOUR TRYING TO DESTROY" argument.

Indeed.

The only alliances deserving of reparations are:

NPO

The only alliances deserving of receiving payments from reparations are:

Those who were attacked by the Hegemony, directly. Hope I stirred the pot enough with that.

So Karma used to complain about punishment for nations in PM...and now RoK is going after nations in peace mode?

Epic, epic fail.

In terms of the post, I like it. Great as always, Azaghul.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was a joint decision by everyone on the NPO front, rather than a decision by RoK.

So Karma used to complain about punishment for nations in PM...and now RoK is going after nations in peace mode?

Epic, epic fail.

You would prefer they went down the same route as NPO and PZI anyone in peace mode perhaps?

Also, would you please point out to me where it says that RoK is the only alliance who made this decision about punishment for peace mode? I seem to have missed that bit of the post.

You would prefer they went down the same route as NPO and PZI anyone in peace mode perhaps?

Who cares about their nations in peace mode? Let them all rot in PM.

I highly doubt putting pressure on them for their nations in PM will force a surrender any faster.

Well that's right inline with the original terms offered to Athens in the noCB war.

So apparently, if i am getting this correct, the terms are based off previous terms that you didn't agree with, but you are now condoning these terms? Yes, giving them equally "bad" terms as they have given to other alliances is Karma, but will a form of Karma not come for you now? You might think it is different, but it is not. You are still giving !@#$ terms and people will still oppose them. The cycle will continue as long as you let it.

Hermes

Who cares about their nations in peace mode? Let them all rot in PM.

I highly doubt putting pressure on them for their nations in PM will force a surrender any faster.

Force a surrender? They tried to surrender on the first day.

@ your sig, that was over a year ago, and with kingzog at the helm I am hopeful that NoR will not commit any of the sins of the past, but hey, if it makes you feel better to try to keep me your enemy, go for it.

You were the one throwing apparently baseless threats around. You said the war on NoR/NoV would not end. I'm not the one making an enemy of anyone, just pointing out your pathetic threats.

Edited by Captain Flinders

That was more like an "oops, sorry, can we have a do over", but yea.

That was their initial try, yeah, but when terms starting being discussed it was clear that they were surrender terms and that didn't faze them too much.

Edit: Err, faze, not phase

Edited by bzelger

Epic, epic fail.

Azaghul outlined that in his essay. Having a fine levied for PM nations is a far cry from PZI.

Excellent read Azaghul, thanks for putting this together :)

Epic, epic fail.

If you were part of Karma, you could see the discussion on this matter. This wasn't just from RoK. This was a consensus that came from a 5 day long discussion on terms.

So apparently, if i am getting this correct, the terms are based off previous terms that you didn't agree with, but you are now condoning these terms? Yes, giving them equally "bad" terms as they have given to other alliances is Karma, but will a form of Karma not come for you now? You might think it is different, but it is not. You are still giving !@#$ terms and people will still oppose them. The cycle will continue as long as you let it.

Hermes

I didn't give anyone terms. I am not fighting on the NPO front.

If you were part of Karma, you could see the discussion on this matter. This wasn't just from RoK. This was a consensus that came from a 5 day long discussion on terms.
I didn't give anyone terms. I am not fighting on the NPO front.

Just trying to clear some of the confusion on what's what and who's who and who did wut blah blah.

By looking at those two responses, I presume then that A: This offer came from Karma, not RoK and B: You yourself are not part of Karma?

Azaghul outlined that in his essay. Having a fine levied for PM nations is a far cry from PZI.

Excellent read Azaghul, thanks for putting this together :)

Right, and NPO actually PZI'd GATO nations...right?

Oh, it was just a threat.