Democratic Coup

Vox7-2.png

Ladies and gentlement, good evening.

Operation: Red Revisited

Those of you who are Senate-watchers will have noticed 4 new strong contenders in the Red team senate race. As the official NPO Senators who were unable to escape to come-out-or-get-PZIed-by-NPO Mode are nuked out of range, the Order has replaced them.

However, teams controlled by a single entity in order to hide banks and members is part of the old time, and the old ways are nearing their end.

Vox Populi is once again running a Red Senator, Ketola (ruled by Heike Lunta). As alliances seek to renew a decrepit, strangled Red team, Vox Populi wishes to ensure their smooth transition.

Those nations which are not attached to any particular color sphere are invited by Vox Populi to join us in once again up-ending those tyrants who seek to ensnare the Red team. Their is a tide coming in, it brings renewal; it brings a stern talking to; it brings promise and release from exploitation.

Come to Red.

Vote for Ketola.

Be part of that tide.

See if we can make NPO cry.

See you there,

Vox Populi

And now for something completely different:

Outside the Vox News building, crowds seeking information have gathered; here a few geriatrics wringing their hands, there a small mob of mohawked youths wearing red-V-embroidered leather jackets break bottles. Couples out with their children scoop them up and move to the other side of the street, hopping onto buses back to the suburbs or uptown flats.

On the 5th floor, frantic figures whirl around the broadcast studio in a torrent which can only be a choreographed dance or else utter confusion. Producers bark orders into headsets, sending the fingers of technicians wildly playing over control boards. Stagehands move set ficus and peace lillies, gauge their framing, then move them again.

Now a dark figure enters the room, face stony and stately, but shoulders visibly weighted down.

"Stand still. Stand still! and shut up. Turn that camera on me . . .

Last week, in a move so typical of the populist movements across the globe, while the world trembled with the detonation of nuclear missiles on every continent, members within our revolutionary began their own subterfuge.

In a move inspired by the provocateur U.S. Brians Room, octavanyo, a long-time revolutionary in good standing to this point, opened a poll to compel the Vox Dei to open polls to elect a new Senate. Hoping to alay public furor, Senator Chunky Monkey complied with the swell.

As of this point in time, the former senate--comprised of Doitzel, Schattenmann, Electron Sponge, MegaAros, and Chunky Monkey--has been replaced with a new Senate. To avoid further disruption, the former senators have vacated their offices in order to seat the newly-elected senate--comprised of Doitzel, Schattenmann, Electron Sponge, MegaAros, and Chunky Monkey.

Never forget, even in Digiterra's darkest hours, that it is the will of the people which rules.

Wakka wakka.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A second attempt? Good luck.

Luck, dear friends, does not factor into this equation.

The Vox vote machine has produced 162 votes from 22 Red members. Last time we hoarded all the fun, this time we're making this a community event.

Second, Rebel Virginia Doctrine??!!

We declared the Moldavi Doctrine null and void, and that red was free for all alliances to join, except for the NPO. I'd have suggested moving them brown, yellow, or pink, but really, I am not so cruel to wish the NPO on anybody.

All the NPO senators are in peace mode as well, so the Vox senate candidate will be in good company.

OOC: Hmm... I recall a certain red team alliance decrying that as an exploit... whoopsies.

You have my non-red vote

AND MY AXE!

*goes to shower*

Edited by Sal Paradise

Planning on getting into a sanction war again with NPO?

I suppose that question should be asked of both parties.

I don't think NPO can afford it. Imagine if all four of their banks in war mode got sanctioned.

I can't imagine how horrible terms would be for an alliance that used sanctions as an act of war, either. The last two alliances I can think of that did that had to disband.

Planning on getting into a sanction war again with NPO?

I suppose that question should be asked of both parties.

Interesting move on your part I suppose...I'm however not a fan of these types of moves. (Sanction Wars etc.)

Hem hem

We offered the olive branch last time and they had our Senator sanctioned in five spheres. We're hoping to use a little coercive power to persuade the NPO to learn from that mistake while their nations are positioned precariously in peace. We are a peaceful people but if they see need to sanction the living hell out of us again, well, we'll have no choice. :(