When will the NPO surrender?

Miley Cyrax

When will they surrender  

1,125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Plenty of ironic déjà vu ITT. That aside, someone let me know how having 70% of your nations in war mode is "not fighting a war." My nation's greatest mathematicians are scratching their heads at that one.

-Bama

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really believe this? If so, how can you claim an alliance that has lost 13m NS and knocked at least another alliance off the sanction list is not actually fighting the war?

Heh, I can't be bothered to go back and search through the dozens of 'Free FAN' threads but Moo said pretty much the same thing, word for word, which is what I think he was alluding to.

War : 625

MK peacemode/total

33/155 = 21%

NPO peacemode/total

226/884 = 30%

I'm not quite sure that 9% difference validates the claims of fighting a war vs not fighting a war.

A large portion of that 70% are nations around 2k, also percentages can be very deceitful (that is why politicians love to use percentages). In absolute numbers one can say that a good chunk (200+) are not fighting the war; that is fact. I think that he meant that 200 nations are escaping their faith, and even if that was 1% of the alliance it are still 200 players of which a large share is in the top 50 of NPO. Perhaps a % of NS in peace mode would be more accurate.

MK peacemode/total

33/155 = 21%

NPO peacemode/total

226/884 = 30%

I'm not quite sure that 9% difference validates the claims of fighting a war vs not fighting a war.

Those MK nations aren't in peace mode to escape the war entirely.

Edited by Azaghul

A large portion of that 70% are nations around 2k, also percentages can be very deceitful (that is why politicians love to use percentages). In absolute numbers one can say that a good chunk (200+) are not fighting the war; that is fact. I think that he meant that 200 nations are escaping their faith, and even if that was 1% of the alliance it are still 200 players of which a large share is in the top 50 of NPO. Perhaps a % of NS in peace mode would be more accurate.

Given enough time, no matter what nations entered peacemode, they will comprise a majority of NS. How many of those in peacemode were out in warmode fighting prior? Certainly kingdom of dark was, I saw him roll over tailsk, but he got back into peace mode after that war. You can argue about the strategies used, but to say they are "Not fighting the war" is pretty hard to sell no matter what statistics you look at.

MK peacemode/total

33/155 = 21%

NPO peacemode/total

226/884 = 30%

Because if you look you will see that of the top 80 NPO nations their are 17 in war mode but among MK's top 80 only 21 are in peace mode.

So

NPO 63/80=78% top 80 in peace mode

MK 21/80=26% top 80 in peace mode

Those MK nations aren't in peace mode to escape the war entirely.

I never said they were, just as I'm sure most the NPO nations aren't there to escape entirely. I think the whole argument is silly really.

Could still be decieving. Remember, a good many of those nations are in hippy to get out of nuke anarchy and fuel up for the next round. You'd have to make it a % of NS that's been in hippy since the war started. Plus, percentages do matter. Remember, NPO can't know for sure how long they're going to have to fight. In these days of mega-warchests, banks are usually redundant, but if you're in for a long one, they may be needed after the war. The more nations that will need to be rebuilt, the more banks will be needed. So the percentage does matter.

Reagardless, the logic of how they're "not fighting" still eludes me. They have a lot of nations fighting. And I still can't get over the irony on BOTH sides of this.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

Because if you look you will see that of the top 80 NPO nations their are 17 in war mode but among MK's top 80 only 21 are in peace mode.

So

Changing the sample size is just silly.

out of the TOP 2 nations

50% of Mk is in peacemode

50% of NPO is in peacemoe.

The point of this isn't a slam on MK, I merely used them since it was an mk guy that quoted me and I can't be bothered looking up the otf or if they are even fighting. What I'm getting at is claiming NPO isn't fighting is just not correct. Perhaps they are not fighting to a level sufficient to boost your alliance above their 2XX nations in peacemode NS, but they are fighting.

Edited by mhawk

Given enough time, no matter what nations entered peacemode, they will comprise a majority of NS. How many of those in peacemode were out in warmode fighting prior? Certainly kingdom of dark was, I saw him roll over tailsk, but he got back into peace mode after that war. You can argue about the strategies used, but to say they are "Not fighting the war" is pretty hard to sell no matter what statistics you look at.

I would say check the charts of the top 10, only 2 appear to have been fighting

I would say check the charts of the top 10, only 2 appear to have been fighting

That's their current top 10. A lot of their big guys have taken huge hits. How many of their PREWAR top 10 have fought? ;)

-Bama

Changing the sample size is just silly.

out of the TOP 2 nations

50% of Mk is in peacemode

50% of NPO is in peacemoe.

The point of this isn't a slam on MK, I merely used them since it was an mk guy that quoted me and I can't be bothered looking up the otf or if they are even fighting. What I'm getting at is claiming NPO isn't fighting is just not correct. Perhaps they are not fighting to a level sufficient to boost your alliance above their 2XX nations in peacemode NS, but they are fighting.

No the point made is that NPO gov and stronger membership are in peace while the unwashed masses are out fighting.

wow it is even worse than I thought, of the top 20 of NPO only 2 nations engaged in war, that is 90% in peace mode since the beginning of this conflict!!!

:rolleyes:

I gave statistics earlier but they were lost in post

No the point made is that NPO gov and stronger membership are in peace while the unwashed masses are out fighting.

War is an option for Arseanistan. --- Emperor

War is an option for Neo Triyunica. --- IO MoFA

War is an option for Jamon. --- IO FA something :P

War is an option for Bakunin's Dream. -- IO

War is an option for Rothinzil. ---- IO regent?

At least use facts.

I guess they didnt need more than 2 of the top 10 to knock VE off the sanction list?

Not counting the fact that the alliance that took VE's spot is neutral in the war, and thus gaining score while they're taking losses.

At least use facts.

90% of the stronger membership is in peace, use facts Mhawk!

Edited by boscher

At least use facts.

I had no idea NPO was run by 5 people.

I had no idea NPO was run by 5 people.

First your statement was the leadership of NPO is not fighting. I list off the leadership I work with as an ally, all of whom are in war mode and have been fighting. Your reply is well thats not EVERYone. When you state it is the top leadership leaving the common man to fight the war and are presented that the primary leadership is in the war, your reply is well not everyone is in the war? It is a big difference to go from no one is fighting to "not everyone is fighting"