Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

You know, for the people heaping praise on Grub for appearing to spurn your enemy of choice, I doubt Grub is crusading for your cause. I also immensely doubt he did this lightly.

i think we might have a winner here ;)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem with this.

If it is not a precursor to anything, is "not the subject of public discussion, not for the amusement or benefit of anyone and are no cause for celebrations", and brings no joy to either side, why do it?

If all of those things are true, there is absolutely no reason to cancel and definitely no reason to post this publicly. If neither of you benefit and neither of you are happy, keep it. Or which one is the lie?

Don't shut us up before we can even use our voice.

Um...if you read the Tattler link posted by Nintenderek, there was reason to cancel it. And it's customary to post a public cancellation on these forums so everyone knows about it. I'm sure if [OOC]Author's rights[/OOC] still existed, Grub would've asked to have this locked immediately.

It will be interesting seeing how NPO members will feel about NpO in the future, though they can't hardly have a reasonable argument to hate them with.

I think most of the Body Republic of Pacifica made their opinions well known a few months ago when Polaris was betrayed.

If all of those things are true, there is absolutely no reason to cancel and definitely no reason to post this publicly. If neither of you benefit and neither of you are happy, keep it. Or which one is the lie?

If this is how you meant to phrase this, then I think it should be pretty clear.

Forgive me for asking (and no, I haven't read 7 pages of the thread), but can someone clarify: Does Polaris now have any remaining treaties with NPO?

We've only ever had one. So no.

EDIT:

Someone got to it first, and to clarify I meant since our surrender terms.

Edited by Willaim Kreiger

Forgive me for asking (and no, I haven't read 7 pages of the thread), but can someone clarify: Does Polaris now have any remaining treaties with NPO?

No, we don't.

EDIT: Apologies for being the 4th person to answer that question :P

Edited by Jphillips412

I currently have a coupon Sponge gave me a few years ago for one frozen baby I haven't yet cashed in. Except for that, there are no more legal ties between the two Orders.

And yes, I saw this coming 72 hours ago.

Good luck to my former Polar brethern, and what friends I have left in Pacifica.

I think Hell just froze over twice. >_<
I honestly don't think Hell ever thawed after the first time...
You know, for the people heaping praise on Grub for appearing to spurn your enemy of choice, I doubt Grub is crusading for your cause. I also immensely doubt he did this lightly.
Facts and logic in this post.

Also for the record, I hate that version of the brrd.

I currently have a coupon Sponge gave me a few years ago for one frozen baby I haven't yet cashed in. Except for that, there are no more legal ties between the two Orders.

And yes, I saw this coming 72 hours ago.

if it were not for your signature, i would think you were joking. now i know that you're entirely serious and i regret to inform you that those coupons expired last month :(

Um...if you read the Tattler link posted by Nintenderek, there was reason to cancel it. And it's customary to post a public cancellation on these forums so everyone knows about it. I'm sure if [OOC]Author's rights[/OOC] still existed, Grub would've asked to have this locked immediately.

Since I can't find the Tattler, please tell me what it said in a nutshell.

If this is how you meant to phrase this, then I think it should be pretty clear.

I phrased it how I wanted...yet I don't see how its clear

Since I can't find the Tattler, please tell me what it said in a nutshell.

Alliances post these publicly because it is a PR thing, also inquiring minds want to know...

You said "if neither of you benefit and neither of you are happy, keep it." Seems to me that if neither of the alliances are happy or are benefiting from a treaty then that would be the time to part ways.

Doesn't mean we can't comment saying how happy we are about it.

Why do people still not get this? If you don't want people to say anything, don't post it on the forums. If you post it, it is going to be commented on. Duh. Also, just because Grub did something people agree with doesn't mean we all assume he did it for those people. Seriously, nobody is that egotistical that they honestly think that NpO did this for THEM. You, as person who pulled out of a war and canceled an MADP, can obviously assure me that there are such things as coincidences. I applaud the decision because quite frankly, it was the better decision to make, and I support Polar on it.

Doesn't mean we can't comment saying how happy we are about it.

Why do people still not get this? If you don't want people to say anything, don't post it on the forums. If you post it, it is going to be commented on. Duh. Also, just because Grub did something people agree with doesn't mean we all assume he did it for those people. Seriously, nobody is that egotistical that they honestly think that NpO did this for THEM. You, as person who pulled out of a war and canceled an MADP, can obviously assure me that there are such things as coincidences. I applaud the decision because quite frankly, it was the better decision to make, and I support Polar on it.

I'm going to have to dispute the claim that no-one is 'that egotistical', Mr Aros. I am quite sure that somewhere, someone is convincing him- or herself that their own words, even if yelled at the screen and never typed to anyone important, caused this to happen. I see it even when I try to enjoy a nice quiet sports broadcast. Granted, it's not that quiet in the world lately, but you know what I mean.

A question ... do you support the New Polar Order's well wishes for the New Pacific Order?