The Beginning is a Very Delicate Time

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no words for just how much awesome this announcement contains. Truly epic! Great luck to you all, hopefully someone sets up a House Harkonnen and you two can have a nice rivalry ;P

...and because someone has to eventually do it (as this thread and any they may post in the future can never be truly complete without it):

dune_cat_spice_must_flow-475x267.jpg

Atreides? Do I smell a Suikoden reference or is it just a coincidence?

..Anyways...

Welcome to the world. Grab a seat and watch the nukes flying in the sky

Atreides? Do I smell a Suikoden reference or is it just a coincidence?

..Anyways...

Welcome to the world. Grab a seat and watch the nukes flying in the sky

It is a Dune reference ;)

Anyway, would be interesting if other Houses did spring up, Harkonnan, Corrino, Ginaz etc - there would have to be a bloc called The Landsraad really :D

[OOC] edit @ Mollari - there is a House Mollari in Dune? Are you sure you don't mean Moritani (the ones who attacked Ginaz while Duncan Idaho was training there)

Edited by auto98

[OOC] edit @ Mollari - there is a House Mollari in Dune? Are you sure you don't mean Moritani (the ones who attacked Ginaz while Duncan Idaho was training there)

House Mollari is from Babylon 5.

I expect to see leadership positions in this House being preferred to those who have spice as a native resource. After all, he who controls the spice... :D

This is an epic DoE.

[OOC]Being a big Frank Herbert fan and seeing this, it's like the first time I laid eyes on Dune 2 video game and thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread.[/OOC]

A world is supported by four things ... the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing ... without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Make that the science of your tradition!

With that, I bid you welcome and good luck.

While I am a Dune fan, I must admit being puzzled by a "ducal monarchy." I don't think there is a such a thing. I think there are duchies and there are monarchies and one cannot be both.

[OOC] Think of Luxembourg, it's a Grand Duchy. Sort of like Monaco is a Principality, with a Prince (not a King, at the top). The kind of monarchy you're thinking of is a Kingdom.[/OOC]

Congrats and good luck, Vanadrin!