Official Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

Maybe they were having an intense and lively debate that probably spanned 40 pages or more which concluded only recently, thus allowing them to enter only now.

Or several lively and intense debates that each spanned dozens of pages along with many a night discussing options...

Either way: It's all about TOP speed.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to wait until a winner was decided before entering the battlefield ... really classy.

The winner was decided before the first shot was fired. Don't think for a second we didn't know it then and we don't know it now. We still have the best interest of you and our other allies at heart.

We tried our best to prevent this mess. We tried our best to help allies, such as yourself, from getting into this in the first place. Don't tell me we don't have class when you haven't got a clue of our motives. TOP speed isn't a joke.

Having said that, I still wish you at IRON the best of luck.

Edited by Dr. Dan

Way to wait until a winner was decided before entering the battlefield ... really classy.

Some decisions take time. Also, it wasn't totally clear that there would be a winner. There were blows back and forth up until this very announcement. This, however, will have a psychological toll on people.

Maybe they were having an intense and lively debate that probably spanned 40 pages or more which concluded only recently, thus allowing them to enter only now.

The last 3+ pages in our main forum are filled with threads involving opinions on the war... so yeah its kinda like that

Orange does not mix with purple, send their pixels to holy hell TOP!

Orrple?

With that being said, welcome to the fight TOP. I must say, I'm a more than little flattered that you thought we were giving RnR such a hard time that you had to activate an ODP clause to come put an end to that. :P

Now, get over to #UPN for some grape wine! :D

(And seriously, -15 for anyone who thinks they're clever and decides to replace "wine" with "whine.")

Orrple?

With that being said, welcome to the fight TOP. I must say, I'm a more than little flattered that you thought we were giving RnR such a hard time that you had to activate an ODP clause to come put an end to that. :P

(And seriously, -15 for anyone who thinks they're clever and decides to replace "wine" with "whine.")

:lol: Now that you mentioned it.... Good luck on the battlefield my friend. ;)

Orrple?

(OOC: any luck getting TECUMSEH to IRC?)

I'm going to die trying to defend and attack these kids. 4 wars, 3 nukes later, I'm hurting but still trucking. ;)

We UPN members will die trying to defend our beliefs and nations!

So, I have a question, since you didn't decide to help MCXA or IRON or any of the other alliances here on Hegemony's side (due to your "no chaining policy" or what have you), does that mean that you just felt the need to attack these alliances you declared war on tonight or did you forget about your 'no chaining policy" that you based your decision on.

I really don't understand the difference between defending those in OUT with an ODP and defending those who are not in OUT but have an MDoAP. Either way, it's quite apparent TOP chose a side and will come out as winners at the end of this war. Treaties were dishonored, people were hurt, and I'm sure if you really wanted to prevent this war, you'd be in a mediating position right now and not in an aggressive (or defensive) position, attacking other alliances who are already getting gang-banged.

*shrug*

Regardless, good luck TOP and have fun with these wars.

So, I have a question, since you didn't decide to help MCXA or IRON or any of the other alliances here on Hegemony's side (due to your "no chaining policy" or what have you), does that mean that you just felt the need to attack these alliances you declared war on tonight or did you forget about your 'no chaining policy" that you based your decision on.

I really don't understand the difference between defending those in OUT with an ODP and defending those who are not in OUT but have an MDoAP. Either way, it's quite apparent TOP chose a side and will come out as winners at the end of this war. Treaties were dishonored, people were hurt, and I'm sure if you really wanted to prevent this war, you'd be in a mediating position right now and not in an aggressive (or defensive) position, attacking other alliances who are already getting gang-banged.

*shrug*

I believe we tried the mediating position already... apparently that didn't work out so well

*shrug*

We chose not to betray our allies by breaking treaties and then DoWing them. We care about the treaties we make. All of them.

*shrug*

All of the above treaties are optional (ODP, Chained MDP, oA). So, you're correct in that we decided to activate one side's treaties and not the other. They weren't dishonored, they weren't broken, they were simply not activated.

If TOP had unlimited power, perhaps we could just end the war right now and work out a solution. However, we are only near omnipotent, sorry, and will have to make due with that.

I believe we tried the mediating position already... apparently that didn't work out so well

Yeah, while we were mediating, everyone else was having secret meetings, deciding which treaties to break/cancel/ignore, making war plans that explicitly didn't involve us, and much much more I'm sure. If we've come to the party late it's only because we weren't nearly as well prepared. You see, unlike the people provoking a war or the others that were declaring during peace talks, *we* still believed that peace was possible.

I'm going to die trying to defend and attack these kids. 4 wars, 3 nukes later, I'm hurting but still trucking. ;)

We UPN members will die trying to defend our beliefs and nations!

Good luck :D

A warchest is a good idea for this situations tho ;)

*shrug*

I seriously think you should try to see things from our perspective. We WERE mediating before the war, but lets just say.... we were screwed :P So good luck on your side, hopefully we'll end this war soon ^_^

Is anyone else not surprised TOP didn't come in until the war was already grossly in their side's favor and that they attacked alliances much smaller than them? Way to protect your precious tech and infra, TOP.

Did anyone else notice that Duncan King is the world's biggest hypocrite. Way to set double standards for your self. I love how you attack other people for trolling or saying anything even slightly negative or degrading about your precious, TPF aka starving phoenix friends.

*shrug*

I am sorry that TOP didn't want to enter an offensive war without CB, especially because they tried to achieve a peaceful resolution beforehand, which was apparently shut down by your side.

They have conflicting treaties, they are going with the defender, which is honorable.