SCM's Rant against (almost) everyone

Starcraftmazter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree to a point on most of the things you said. Trolling is a part of this game, and can be an extremely effective one if hundreds of people do it. It causes the other side to lose moral and try to get out of the war anyway they can. As for peace terms, I think white peace could be given to many alliances but if I was in charge all I would ask is what NPO has asked FAN, NAAC and countless other alliances. Move to Pink. If they do that I say white peace for everyone else.

Actually, trolling is a warnable offense. It's somewhere in the terms of service. The moderators try to keep up with everything going on, but many people instead react with ... well, more of it, and it turns into what the original poster is rightfully decrying here.

I can't speak for my alliance (since I'm not a representative), but I do appreciate the call for civility as we reduce the world's collective NS by a few million. I've mentioned it elsewhere. And I've rebutted the pathetic 'grow a thicker skin lol' comments with the note that it seems to prod people to make sharper barbs; no-one has answered that claim yet.

You mention you are an alliance leader ... while I'm doing what I can in my alliance to remind my associates of this, please don't forget to lead by example. The whole war's supposed to be about teaching us a lesson; make sure it's the right one.

And thank you for your text; unlike others, I do not object to lengthy reading.

decent. Trolling/Propaganda as stated before are part of the game.

also, NPO has proven that they are a vindictive alliance so to state that they will not come back with a vengeance is laughable. just ask Legion and GATO and LUE and MK. and i am sure there are more but i don't feel like thinking that much after such a long read.

First.

Warned.

second?

Warned.

third

And Warned.

And some quotes for posterity:

Spam

Spam is not permitted on the Cyber Nations Forums. Users found spamming (posting contentless material of any variety) will receive a warning. Examples include (but are in no way limited to) posts containing nothing but smilies, "+1", "QFT", "this" any other one to few word contentless combination, and/or quoting a post or posting an image and adding any of the aforementioned examples. These posts and other similar contributions have no substance and hence are considered spam.

Trolling

Trolling is submitting posts with the aim of targeting/harassing/angering a group (as opposed to flaming which applies to individual). Trolling is not tolerated and will result in a warning.

Since people need a reminder, "X person is just a troll" or "Quit trolling" also fall under this announcement. If someone is trolling, report them either directly to a mod or in the Report Forum Abuse forum, do NOT post it in an IC forum, even if it is Loose RP.

We will be more heavily enforcing this rule as it seems everyone has forgotten it. Do not be surprised if you end up with a warn for wantonly calling other people trolls when the term neither applies nor have you requested moderator action.

This post will remain open as a discussion of disrespect in the AP forum, but if it devolves into "X people are trolls" or wanton accusations of trolling, it will be closed and infractors will be warned.

also, NPO has proven that they are a vindictive alliance so to state that they will not come back with a vengeance is laughable. just ask Legion and GATO and LUE and MK. and i am sure there are more but i don't feel like thinking that much after such a long read.

Maybe they will desire revenge, but I don't see how they will get it - I suppose time will tell. Either way, forcing NPO into harsh terms or to disband will not remove this desire - if it does indeed exist, and it will not prevent those people wanting to exert revenge from doing so. This can be evident with the present war, and the ex-League nations and communities fighting against NPO and allies.

A couple of good points, but I think you digressed into hypocrisy yourself. It's a rant after all, so I forgive you :P

And yeah, as I've stated before on these boards in my DoW and on IRC, IPA and NATO has had some friendly dialogue since we declared war on them, and they (hopefully) know that it's nothing personal. I'll be giving them white peace if we win, and if we lose, I hope they'll have the courtesy to do the same.

First I'll address the part aimed at us because it's really quite ludicrous. This is not your war, this is our war. If you wanted to dictate the terms on which it was fought maybe you should've gotten here earlier, maybe you should've been the vanguard. And maybe they shouldn't have backed us into a corner, taken everything away from us, and given us absolutely no recourse but to use every tool we possibly could.

It's funny that you talk about how people need to treat this like a game but you denounce spying, which is one of the most dynamic and exciting aspects of the game. We have shaken up the stagnant piece of crap community that your complacency has built. Don't you dare condescend to us for having the nads to do what nobody else has managed in this game's history. You don't need our help? BS. You're here because of us; we played our part in this just as you are now playing yours.

The rest of your rant is simply dumb. You essentially rail in turn against everything that makes this game what it is: every single aspect of the dirty politics, of the posturing, of the rivalry, you have denounced. Everything that adds drama and suspense and chaos to these forums you have complained about. Here's an idea, if you don't like it why don't you lead by example? You go on and on about RESPECT like some Aretha Franklin wannabe and then proceed to swear out half the entities in the game.

Get a grip. We all have the power to change the face of this game and it's not going to be by frothing rants in the OOC forum.

I disagree.

There's nothing wrong with calling a spade for a spade. If GGA is sick of hearing that they have no WRC's, they should have bought some. If the CoC is sick of being called cowards, then they shouldn't have abandoned their allies, or at least do as MCXA did, and have the guts to admit what they did. If propaganda wins wars, being sensitive about your adversaries feelings is stupid.

You also make a blanket claim that spying is foul play. How come? If somebody manages to infiltrate their enemies, kudos to them, it's hard work and well within the borders of roleplay. Hacking is a whole other story, but I don't think that's what you meant.

Basically, it looks as though you're trying to take the simulation out of a nation simulator. We're supposed to be leaders fighting a war against each other, not gentleman playing polo. The only thing that's wrong is that the Hegemony side plays the victim card instead of giving as good as they get; Tension makes the game fun.

The only part of your post I agree with is that the Hegemony should get lenient peace terms. We can all agree that we don't want players to leave!

You don't need our help? BS. You're here because of us; we played our part in this just as you are now playing yours.

I certainly have nothing against Vox for their anti-Hegemony activities for the months preceding the conflict, but once the war has started, I don't think it was necessary any longer. It think Vox achieved it's victory when the wars against NPO were declared.

Here's an idea, if you don't like it why don't you lead by example? You go on and on about RESPECT like some Aretha Franklin wannabe and then proceed to swear out half the entities in the game.

I am honestly doing that as much as possible in our war with NATO, trying to remain respectful to them and will be nice to them shall we win or lose.

Of course I'm gong to swear against half the entities in my rant - otherwise it wouldn't be a rant, more like...a stern talk'n to :P

Get a grip. We all have the power to change the face of this game and it's not going to be by frothing rants in the OOC forum.

Just my opinion man - I can respect yours if you can respect mine ;)

The only part of your post I agree with is that the Hegemony should get lenient peace terms. We can all agree that we don't want players to leave!

I'm glad you agree on something :lol:

SCM, I'm still annoyed at you for having your guys hitting me a month or so back :P Nonetheless, thank you for writing this. I've felt this exact same way since the war has begun, I just didn't know how to describe it.

So thank you for doing it for me.

I'm not angry that the allies came in, but I still despise them. They have been just as bad in their dealing as NPO and deserve everything they get.

So, how will you feel about us after the war? (I won't go into guessing which way it will go; let's keep it civil.)