Freeing FAN

Nintenderek

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary, they've stated several times that they would accept white peace. It's just that they'll accept nothing less than that.

And this can yet be another time: FAN wants our freedom. We will accept white peace from all involved.

Are MHA as untrustworthy as NPO allegedly are when it comes to peace for FAN?

FAN have been told what they need to do for peace but have said that they won't do it until they get peace. Does MHA go out on a limb and trust FAN or does FAN go out on a limb and trust MHA? All I know is only one of these alliances has spies operating in the other alliance, and that doesn't exactly mark them down as trustworthy.

Edited by Kowalski

FAN have been told what they need to do for peace but have said that they won't do it until they get peace. Does MHA go out on a limb and trust FAN or does FAN go out on a limb and trust MHA? All I know is only one of these alliances has spies operating in the other alliance, and that doesn't exactly mark them down as trustworthy.

Do you think it is strange the FAN uses spies? You forced them to hide their identities to be able to grow and play the game. You try to PZI an alliance then it is nothing but a natural and deserved consequence. Plus hasn't MHA been allied with NPO an alliance that uses spies and does not uphold its word? Is FAN worst? Give FAN peace and they won't need those spies. and hidden nations.

Something tells me it's not just one of these alliances.

I looked through wiki to find the number of alliances at war and the wiki doesn't really list them all but maybe i didn't look at the read page. But to regards of this topic about seeing FAN freed, i think it'd be hilarious when the next big war comes around and when surrender terms start going around there should be a clause that if your at war with FAN cease war and offer white peace.

We will not free anyone dedicated to our destruction. As has been said time and time again, FAN knows what it needs to do if it wants to be freed.

Then come out and say it. What is it, Cortath?

It can't be "come out of peace and fight the war", because we already did that. We fought like hell with our backs to the wall when you started lining us up and murdering us right before we completed our peace terms. What kind of fight were you expecting, exactly, from a totally disarmed alliance? The fact that some of us even managed to grab nukes and cram 'em where your sun don't shine is a testament to how well we were rebuilding, even under your heel. I guess a target that juicy and defenseless is hard to resist, even when you're sworn to protect it. In the extremely unlikely event that there's a "next time", we'll know to ask an alliance with more integrity to stand guard for us.

So obviously we don't need to "come out and fight" to get peace. We already fought, so that possibility is eliminated. Besides that and being totally illogical, it's a beautiful setup for another massacre and we're not stupid enough to trust you twice. You taught us everything we needed to know about Pacifican trustworthiness in December '07.

That leaves one other "condition" that we've been told several times over the course of this war. The other one. You know, the pissy response that Zha and Umbrae gave us when you all were !@#$%*ing that we were stealing your cash and killing your noobs and generally not fighting the war the way you really, really wanted us to.

Now, since that seems to be the only feasible option that you could be alluding to, why don't you come out and say exactly what that is for everybody? Do it yourself, so I don't have to do it for you and show everybody just how disgustingly pathological Pacifica really is.

So come on, Cortath. Tell everybody what it was that Zha, Umbrae, and Bakunin told us we had to do to get peace. Say it loud enough so nobody misses it.

Edited by He Who Has No Name

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing FAN given peace, so that one day I could go to the OWF and read how Otto the Terrible (I think that was his name?), diktor, (I know I got this name wrong but he had a baby avy, boasted hitting the land max first and I'm pretty sure left FAN at some point for MK) mpol and all the other FAN members were getting into shenanigans. It made for fun times and FAN certainly brought this game to life when it was around, but now all I see is a crippled, bitter alliance and I honestly don't know that there can ever be a time where I see FAN members flooding these forums and insulting the alliances they just smashed (Legion sigs anyone?) and generally making CN a more fun place to be. Call me nostalgic, but those were much more interesting times and I wouldn't mind having even just a little bit of that back. I also know that the NPO won't give a flying hoot about this topic and that voicing my opposition won't affect any change on that level, but at least someone in FAN might hear that we haven't quite given up hope for them. Despite the fact that this my signature will be to no avail, I'll sign it.

I don't understand why people complain so much because an alliance has members who don't all have the exact same ideas. Diversity is what creates good ideas and makes alliances successful. I don't mean everyone should hate each other but disagreement isn't always a bad thing. It might just point out an obvious flaw in a bad plan before it's implemented. :o

Just because this person doesn't particularly enjoy your alliance's company :rolleyes: doesn't mean he should be ashamed that the majority of his alliance may not agree with him.

So come on, Cortath. Tell everybody what it was that Zha, Umbrae, and Bakunin told us we had to do to get peace. Say it loud enough so nobody misses it.

Curious to see this.

Also signed.

I dont see why it would be wrong to let FAN go. I was unfortunately not here to see FAN at its height. I hope I will be long enough to see FAN play the political scene rather then just the war screens.

-omfg

The logic in keeping FAN at war is similar to saying "We should stop registrations. Some new people may try to attack NPO. We can't have that."

Seriously now. I think they've had quite enough.

quickedit:

As for the theories of FAN holding grudges...how many times has GATO gotten peace from NPO? Those pesky facts.

Edited by Nizzle

Curious to see this.

Also signed.

I dont see why it would be wrong to let FAN go. I was unfortunately not here to see FAN at its height. I hope I will be long enough to see FAN play the political scene rather then just the war screens.

-omfg

He won't say it because that wouldn't look good on the forums.

They've said it in negotiations, when FAN asked how to get peace. Imperial Officers told the FAN representatives to "die".

NPO's viewpoint is they have given FAN one chance, and they blew it.

Reality is that the peace terms FAN accepted and that the NPO dictated could not be followed without self inflicting anarchy, and were used as a trap to hit FAN again when they least expected it. In actuality, this is an attempted genocide by the NPO against FAN. Similar to the sucessful genocide of GOONS by the ~, and the disbandment and continued forced disbandment of \m/.

The only way FAN will get peace is if the NPO is defeated in a war and that is a requirement for the NPO to get peace. And even then I doubt FAN would get peace, because the Imperial Officers absolutely hate FAN. They hate the fact that for 1 year after ViewFAN started FAN had control of the Yellow Senate. They hate the fact that FAN refuses to play by their rules, they hate every about FAN, and actively work to keep FAN down.

The NPO and others like to spout this line about "come out and fight", and "we gave FAN a chance before", and "they spy on us", however these are simply excuses, simply arguments thrown out there without the context, without the facts of the situation. The fact is NPO was waiting for the right time to hit FAN. The fact is NPO never wanted to give FAN peace, they set up an ambush, and it didn't force FAN to disband like they wanted.

The thing is there isn't a soul in the NPO that would come out and publicly admit this, because what the NPO, and other alliances, do, is they don't say anything and hope it goes away.

Well, since Cortath doesn't seem to want to come clean on what it is that FAN "knows" it has to do in order to get peace, I'll tell everybody for him.

Ladies and gentlemen, FAN has approached NPO multiple times over the course of this conflict about peace and what was needed on our part to make it possible. NPO's response on three separate occasions - from Umbrae Noctem, Bakunin, and Zha - was exactly the following:

"Die."

There you have it, folks. NPO has an unhealthy, pathological fixation on annihilating us. They need us to die, or at minimum surrender, because if we don't they have to admit they couldn't utterly destroy us as they have everyone else, even after more than a year. And that would be devastating for them. Remember how hard Vladimir tries to spin their defeat in GWI into a "stalemate", or even a victory? Failure threatens the credibility of their establishment. The risk of suffering that chink in their image terrifies them, because their image is their armor - it's how they entice others to fight and bleed for them so they don't have to. NPO hasn't fought on their own since GWI and they know deep down that if they can't convince others to do their dirty work and take the bullets for them, they are doomed. Even the smallest doubt in the minds of their potential cronies is a threat to their alliance that they will do just about anything to extinguish.

THAT is why they have dragged the war out this long. That is why they have become increasingly desperate. That is why Moo is now resorting to the ridiculously laughable "come out of peace and fight" drivel, so they can pummel us in a conventional war.

Edited by He Who Has No Name

He won't say it because that wouldn't look good on the forums.

They've said it in negotiations, when FAN asked how to get peace. Imperial Officers told the FAN representatives to "die".

NPO's viewpoint is they have given FAN one chance, and they blew it.

Reality is that the peace terms FAN accepted and that the NPO dictated could not be followed without self inflicting anarchy, and were used as a trap to hit FAN again when they least expected it. In actuality, this is an attempted genocide by the NPO against FAN. Similar to the sucessful genocide of GOONS by the ~, and the disbandment and continued forced disbandment of \m/.

The only way FAN will get peace is if the NPO is defeated in a war and that is a requirement for the NPO to get peace. And even then I doubt FAN would get peace, because the Imperial Officers absolutely hate FAN. They hate the fact that for 1 year after ViewFAN started FAN had control of the Yellow Senate. They hate the fact that FAN refuses to play by their rules, they hate every about FAN, and actively work to keep FAN down.

The NPO and others like to spout this line about "come out and fight", and "we gave FAN a chance before", and "they spy on us", however these are simply excuses, simply arguments thrown out there without the context, without the facts of the situation. The fact is NPO was waiting for the right time to hit FAN. The fact is NPO never wanted to give FAN peace, they set up an ambush, and it didn't force FAN to disband like they wanted.

The thing is there isn't a soul in the NPO that would come out and publicly admit this, because what the NPO, and other alliances, do, is they don't say anything and hope it goes away.

FAN still controls the yellow senate.